You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady In The White Dress Across The Lane

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In The White Dress Across The Lane

 

I have never really had any experience with the paranormal or spirits, until this episode. I as a person am very easy to scare when it come to things like this.

So here is what happened one October night. It was around 3 in the morning when my dog 'Bruno' wanted to be let out. He usually never does that but he was just jumping around and whining that he wanted to be let outside. Not being brave enough to go out in the night at that time, I woke my sister and we both took him outside for him to finish his business.

Where we stay, my house is on a side lane across the main road. At the end of my lane is an open field which is unused. Bruno usually runs to the open field, and as soon as we opened the gate he did the same. I cursed myself for not putting him on a leash. Now I had to run behind him to the end of my lane to the open field too. I asked my sister to stay near the gate as we had not locked the house door. I went behind Bruno. He was taking his time and sniffing around the place and I was freaking out. I just kept looking back at my sister to see that she was still there. After about 5 minutes or so I saw someone walking on the main road, I took a second look at the person and realized it was a woman. I just wanted to get back home. I did not have the guts to scream my dog's name. I just kept calling to him softly and he was absolutely not bothered.

Just then the lady who was walking straight took a left turn and started walking straight to my lane. My heart was in my mouth by now and I just ran. I was so scared and I wanted Bruno to just come back but he was not going to do that. I ran back to my sister and told her that there is someone on the road and she is walking to our lane. She was as freaked as me. We just stood inside our gate which is very high, and watched.

This lady was in some kind of a white dress and had very crumpled hair (not long, kind of short). She was not looking at anything in particular. She just kept walking straight and did not even look in our direction even when my dog ran past her and came inside the gate. It was very weird because we don't know if we saw a ghost.

When my dog came inside the gate I locked it and looked outside to see where the lady was, I could not see her. She was gone. I was too freaked out to ponder and analyze. So we just went inside and I gave a piece of my mind to Bruno for running away and not listening. But it only amused him and had no effect at all.

Other hauntings by logan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, logan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
inconclusive note,

Its as same as less literate people take up superstitions in generations to come. That's how superstitions generate - inconclusive information and gossip / rumour gaining more traction than the original event's true description.

Anyways, good stories - stay under calm de-stressful mentality and you will get a habit not to be panicky... And special note to bruno - keep calm and learn to do your business at workable hours please.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Since Bruno didn't pick up anything... It wasn't paranormal, in my opinion.

The story was fantastic btw.

Thanks
Regards
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
It is strange that the dog did not notice anything, animals can see and feel spirits better than people. So Bruno not reacting is very weird.
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
Some times it happens. Even when we ride to different places on night time we can see such things try if you dare. 😜
BUBBLES123 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Thanks for the story, I enjoyed reading it,
Like Surya I was wondering why Bruno had smelled nothing. 😕
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
You poor thing, Bruno was probably laughing at you. I hate it when I get a yeah right look from a dog, but you gotta love him.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Hey Nasha,

I have had a cat sometime back in my life (not anymore)...somehow feel thy are the most impersonal animals one cna have. I eman its great how they coem and rub themselves on you asking you to pet them, they sit close to you... Purr as weell... But all of it ONLY and ONLY when they are in the mood for it...:)

I truely believe that " When a man takes care of a dog, the dog thinks man must be god... And when a man takes care of a cat, the cate thinks it must be god ". See the difference...:)
Nasha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
hmmm your dog must be the most un spiritual dog ever! Hahahahha even when I'm scared about someone watching my flat mates dog sits next to me for the whole night... But maybe you should get a cat? There a lot more sensual...

Good luck stay safe:)
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Hi, logan, that was a great story and I have to wonder if she was looking for someone, evidently not you. They say spirits do get lost and the fact she was on the road meant she was trying to get somwhere. Keep an eye out for her, even in the daytime. 😐

God bless,
Byluyster
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hi Logan, thanks to your previous comment I feel kind of relax. Okay I'll take your advise and not to be so bothered by the encounter. Perhaps I'll take my friends there other time to check the room... Perhaps I just thinking too much... Nice story, you shouldn't be scared that much because people said the more you're afraid of it, the more it likes to scare you. Regardless, I like and enjoyed this story. Keep it up. All the best. 😊
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hey,

Rhodes,

I will soon come back to you on the update. Planing to talk to few people in my lane on this thing.

Mattrius,

Hope what you wrote had a funny tone to it or it just makes me worry, because it was intended figuratively... Not sure if you know what that means...:)
Mattrius (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
'So we just went inside and I gave a piece of my mind to Bruno for running away and not listening.'

Let me get this straight. You claim to have 'rewarded' Bruno with a section of your own brain!? How is this possible! That is utterly sick and twisted! The devil take ye!

-God Bless, Mattrius.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Hey logan and thanks for the thrill! Oh, I would have been petrified too if I were there!

Like it has already been stated, it is awkward that your dog ran by her without reacting at all. I have dogs too and trust me the females, at least, would have been all over her licking her to death, the male would have blocked her way and growled (the bully)!

It's a little too difficult to make any assumptions as to what that was but I'd be interested... Let me rephrase, VERY INTERESTED in reading any updates if possible.

Thanks
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hey...
Hobbyholly,
Well I have not talked to anyone in the neighborhood about this incident, I don't know if she dissappeared... But when I looked up she sure was not there. It was in October so definately not fog. That was my one and only such experience... And I'm glad...:)

Surya,
I agree, it stuck me too that Bruno did not even as much as look or sense anything and neither did that lady!

Jonesblue,

Well I'm definately not goinig out at 3 in the morning to talk to this lady in white...:)

TORRES9LFC,
Well I can do some research on that. Will update you.

Thanks all for your posts...:)
TORRES9LFC (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Find out if there was any deaths in that lane eg, if someone was murdered or what. Nice, yet scary story though...
God bless!
jonesblue (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
maybe an old woman just died in that area, and was known very well around there for whatever reason. And maybe you just saw her walking across the street because she just enjoyed taking late night strolls.
Ghosts show history, and very interesting history at that. Research something. I am sure she means no harm and would even enjoy your help. Nextime call out to her and get her attention. Become her friend. Just do not fall into a trap.
Do your prayers...always. And good luck! GOD IS WITH US AND WILL ALWAYS BE!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
This is a great story, I really enjoyed reading it. What got me wondering was Bruno picked up nothing.

Thanks for your submission.
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
hey this is a common story. See the similar titles. I dono why ghosts dress up in white anyway
My blessings,
Kiranchndra
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
hmm

Have you talked to anyone in the neighborhood about what you saw?

So I'm assuming she just disappeared? Do you think it could have been fog or a street lamp?

Regardless, I enjoyed this story. Have you had any more encounters?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: