You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Alive Because Of Grandma Great Warnings

Real Ghost Stories

Alive Because Of Grandma Great Warnings

 

When I was 9 my family and I used to live in a house on 600 s and 1200 w in Salt Lake City.

Me and my best friend used to walk home from school together every day. We always took the shortcut down an alley. It was a long overgrown alley with lots of bushes and hidden spots. It was pretty dark even during the day because of all the tall trees and bushes along it.

Our parents never wanted us to take the alley because it was so overgrown but we still did. After all we were kids and knew better, nothing bad could ever happen to us.

One day my friend was picked up early for a doctor's appointment so I had to walk home by myself. When I got to the alley I started walking down it but was stopped by my great grandma appearing in front of me. She told me to turn around and take the long way home. I was raised to always obey my ancestors, especially the ones who have gone before us so I did as she asked.

The next day the police found the body of a girl the same age as me in the alley. She had been abused and then strangled. They found the guy who did it and discovered he had seen me enter the alley but didn't grab me because I stayed too close to the street and then left so he grabbed the next girl to come along.

If it hadn't been for my Great Grandma telling me to go the long way he would have grabbed me.

Other hauntings by AmberMoonPriestess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmberMoonPriestess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

redraider1997 (5 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
Troyarn~

That guy was probably just waiting for the next girl to come through the alley. Its not like he was out to get amber or anything! You guys need to quit being so rude too. She took the time and effort to share her story so you need to be thankful for that. She doesn't seem like a liar and this is something that you can't make up. Props to amber for having the courage to tell an awesome story. This is something all girls can learn from. Thank god that her death was avoided because her great grandmother wanted her to be safe. If she had gone down the alley we wouldn't hear her awesome story so don't be rude
ChUrCh (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
It's a messed up world we live in who would murder a kid, I hope that dude is murdered 😠
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Xellie

Thank you very much, and you are right I was getting very very frustrated.

I have learned thet no matter how often you tell a person a mouse is a mouse when all they want to see is a rock they will see a rock even if it bites them.

I will be posting more experiences up her, including the one that has kept me away for awhile, many many people will call me a liar again but *shrug* that's just the way life is.
ghostgirl101 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
thank goodness your great grandma protect you... If she didn't you wouldn't be here to write. It seems like she cared about you and want you safe...
In_All_Honesty (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
That is exactly like another story I heard...

"this girl was walking home at night and discovered an alleyway and as she was going down the alleyway, she saw a man at the end, so she started to pray and ask God to protect her, and she walked right past the man without him touching her and she was relieved. This next day she was watching the news and found out that in the alleyway she walked down, a body of a girl was found dead and by the same man that the girl saw the night before. The police took the man to the police station and the girl went directly to the police station and ask to ask the man one question..."if you raped and killed that one girl, why didn't you touch me?" the man looked up in confusion..."why would I? There were two men on both sides of you.""

Proving that God and Jesus Christ are always with you.

Anyways I liked your story... That was very wise of your grandmother!

In All Honesty 😉
Ginkyofu13 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Wow your ancestors really got your back, Way ago, ancestor. I am glad she was there just time to save your life.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Can I just make a point of saying that Amber has took the effort of writing her experience down and has trusted all of us to read her story and not think that she is "LYING" to all of us...
I have read some of the comments and I can tell that Amber is getting a bit upset with some of the things people are saying in response to this story... Like one of the comments that she has posted

"I am not the least bit surprised you find something wrong with this story as well I am getting quite used to not being able to satisfy you about the truth of anything I say but oh well to each his own."

I for one think that she wouldn't lie to us and we should give her the respect that she wanted back when she took the time out to post this for us.

I think it is a really spooky good story! I think its nice to know that your grandma is looking down on you like mine is 😊

XXelliemayXx ❤

Ps. I don't want this to insult or hurt anyone on this site... I just wanted to point out that Amber doesn't seem like the tipe of person to lie about something as important in her life as this... I should know I have simular experiences. 😁
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
I'm not sure if this is revelant to this story or not. But I heard something similiar before... A girl was walking alone through an alley, and was fine doing so. When she arrived home, she heard on the news that another girl, about her age, was raped, and murdered at the very alley she walked through. The man who did this was caught, and when asked why he didn't harm her, he said she had someone walking with her. But she really didn't, she was alone. Don't ask me where I heard this story, because I don't remember. It was a long time ago.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
What a scary experience! I'm not talking about how your grandma warned you but that evil guy. I believe that our loved ones who have passed away allways try to warn us some how. Sometimes we don't see it or hear it. Maybe because we can't or... We don't want to. But I'm glad that you listened to your grandmother. Poor girl. I just will never know how some people can be so evil. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
vox

Yea sorry, was trying to do the math in my head while going down the road and giving directions to the driver, a bit confusing.

I know what you mean I have had a rather difficukt time finding a lot of older news stories especially about violence. At least online.

I have been trying to do some research on the apt and land where I am at now but nothing has come up so far. At least as far as online archives have found a couple thing in back issues on microfilm
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
You mean 1989. Thanks for the info, I'm checking into it. So far there is no major news story in the local papers featuring a crime such as you describe, but I'm still looking.

I don't mean to appear so untrustworthy, but since I have been on this site I've run into several plagiarized stories or pure fictions posted by various users. It's sad that would happen at all, but it seems to be the world we live in.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
vox

The adress of the house I used to live in is 686 south 1200 west and the alley was about half a block from that. It was 20 years ago so that would make the year 1987.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Again, I have to agree with the others and lean toward believing that this story is more urban legend than actual fact. Kind of like the hook on the door handle story... Almost caught, but not quite!

To back up the story, a newspaper article might help, and I agree completely with Whitebuffalo that it is highly doubtful that the killer would have confessed and mentioned YOU as his intended victim (and yes, any police investigation would have involved you being interviewed and the such... So why didn't you mention that?).

This truly sounds like a wannabe urban legend, something I do not come here to read. I cannot say anything about your ancestor coming back to warn you of something, but I myself doubt completely that anything was there waiting for you.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Interesting story. I am a long time Salt Lake City resident too... Can you tell me what year that murder happened? I want to do a little research, thanks.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
devious

Yes I know this but most people would get the idea better using the term kilt rather than frock, very few know what a frock is and as I have learned even fewer do their research if they don't understand something.

BlackFoot

I heard the information from a fathers friend who worked on the case and have no reason to think the man lied.

I am not the least bit surprised you find something wrong with this story as well I am getting quite used to not being able to satisfy you about the truth of anything I say but oh well to each his own.

"some people live so strongly in their lighted belief of reality they can't see the darkness around them"
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Amber,

That's interesting because the kilt is a Scottish traditional form of dress, not Irish. In Ireland, traditional women's dress is mainly comprised of dresses and frocks. Now if you said that you wore dresses with moccasins and turquoise jewelry that would be more traditional I suppose. But anyway, I get the idea that you dressed differently. Just out of curiosity, which tribe are you a descendent of? I ask because I have Native American blood in me too.

All the same, I find it extremely odd that a criminal would confess to choosing a different victim. It goes outside of the criminal profile to admit defeat outside of making the least incriminating confession possible.

I'm not saying I don't believe you walked down this alley or that an assault/murder happened there, or that I even doubt that you heard the voice of your great grandmother telling you not to walk down there. It just seems like you embellished facts to make the story more interesting. That's just my opinion, and I'm not trying to be rude to you in any way but there seems to be a trend of something just not-quite-right among your stories: missing facts, changed details, things that don't add up, etc.

Blessings,
DA
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
whitebuffalo

I don't know but its what I heard from my dads friend who worked on the case. It wouldn't have been hard to pick me out of a crowd I have always dressed differently, combining my Indian heritage and my Irish heritage, so think buckskin and kilts lol
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
devious

I haven't read that story or heard of it before.

Because my greatgrams is not just an Elder but an Ancestor, and one who has passed on and no matter what I obey them. My parents are my parents and I didn't always listen to them I admit it even now I don't listen to my moms advice as much as I should.

But its hard to see my parents in the same light as an Ancestor whos on the other side.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
wicked

It was my greatgrandmother, who had been dead for a year not some old lady who lived there I know the difference.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
OK, HOW did the police discover that this perpetrator HAD seen you, specifically but did not attack as you stood so close to the street?
Sure, that SOUNDS good, but did the perp actually CONFESS to SEEING you PERSONALLY, and not just a "little girl".
I really find it remarkable that ANY police department (no matter HOW big or small) could pin point one scrub faced youngster in a sea of home goers.
What did they go by to determine that it WAS undoubtedly YOU?
I would like to say that in that YOUR great Grandmother warned you to turn around, whether the FREAK in the alley saw you or NOT, you were VERY fortunate to have changed directions on the way home.
WHATEVER happened in that alley, it is NEVER a safe place for youngsters. I am just glad that you were able to abstain from harm.
Thank you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hm...good story, but it sounds a bit like that story you hear circulating on the 'net where a girl walks down this alley alone at night and sees this man, so she starts to pray and gets home safely. The next day she finds out someone raped and strangled another woman only a few minutes after the first girl left. When asked to identify him from the lineup, she asks the man why he didn't attack her instead and he says because he saw two big guys standing on either side of her.

Sounds like a good story but too coincidentally like that one.

If you were raised to obey your elders, then why did you listen to your grandma when you hadn't listened to your parents about going down that alley in the first place?

Blessings,
DA
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
good story but does't look like a ghost some lady who has been living over there for yrs

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: