You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She Got Her Wings

Real Ghost Stories

She Got Her Wings

 

This is a very recent event that occurred in both New York and New Jersey on January 1, 2009.

My mother's best friend was deathly sick with lung cancer it had spread throughout her whole body from the brain down. When her son told me I was devastated so on Sunday we went up to New York to go see her. When we had got there it was too late. As soon as the nurse said "I'm sorry." I burst into tears. I went into the bathroom and continued to bawl my eyes out, my father knocked on the door about ten minutes later and told me that her daughter had arrived. I could barely move after I opened the bathroom door. I just stood there and when I saw her body lying there I burst into tears again, that's when the strangest thing happen. I heard her lightly calling out my name.

At first I thought it was her daughter but then I tuned into it. It was her voice. She was calling out to me even though she had died. I wondered how this was possible? She's dead. But it continued she kept drawling out my name "Jeeeeeeesssssica" I burst into tears when I heard it more clearly I kept thinking, she's calling me, she knows I'm here. She was like my Aunt, she was suppose to be my Godmother but since she wasn't chosen, I considered her my Aunt and I think she knew that.

After a while the voice stopped and I comforted her daughter as much as I could and with that we took our leave.

Throughout the ride home I kept thinking about her and cried the whole way home. When we got home I ran up to my room and turned on my computer. Then all of a sudden my alarm clock started to ring. Seeing as how I have the old fashion one it had a small little metal piece that went back and forth and sounded just like a little bell.

Whenever I set my alarm clock, it goes back and forth really fast and is loud, when I turned and looked at it; it was going back and forth very slowly. I ran downstairs shocked, scared, but yet I was happy. I ran to the kitchen and hugged my mom. She was shocked that I was happy all of a sudden and I told her "Mom she got her wings! She's ok now." She gave me an old look and I told her what my father told me which is most definitely true: "Every time a bell rings, an Angel gets her wings."

I heard it again last night January 19, 2009 when I was silently crying to myself saying "I never got to say goodbye, I never got to tell her how much she meant to me, or how much I loved her!" Then once again my alarm clock slowly started to ring again and this time I think she was telling me "Don't cry. I'm not in pain anymore I'll watch over my family and you."

I'm still trying to get over it but its going to take me a while this isn't the first time I've had this experience. So remember, if you loose someone close to you that you loved very much and them you, listen for the bells.

Other hauntings by AngelSeeker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelSeeker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
So I just now realized an error in my story... I said this was on jan 1st it was the 18th sorry about that everyone.
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Hey everyone thank you for your regards and prayers. And I guess I'll have to agree with you flutterofwings. ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Bells ringing when I have lost someone has not happen. But what happens is I can see them enter Heaven drifting on clouds just as puffy and white as they can be. Each person experiences people they have lost in different ways. Yours with Bells. Thanks for the story it was well written.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Thank you for sharing this story. It is very comforting. I have yet to lose someone that I'm very close to, so I can't say that I know how you feel, but I am sorry for your loss, and I'm glad that even though you didn't get a chance to say goodbye, she has sort of said it for you.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
AngelSeeker--so sorry for your loss. Funny how we notice things that make us think of those we loved and lost. I believe they do try to comfort us and help prepare us for things to come, no matter how unpleasant. In the case of my favorite aunt taking ill, I saw three blue birds perched on an electric fence wire and they nearly let me touch them. Then I watched as all three flew off together.

When I got back to the house, the answering machine was blinking. I knew before I punched the button. My Aunt was gravely ill in the hospital and never returned home. But the comfort of those birds, representing my parents and aunt, still comforts me today. And I look forward to seeing the birds again. I just hope it is with good news.

Take care.
Byluyster
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
offo you got a latest story huh? I too join the list of commentors and watch for your bell angel seeker
AngelSeeker (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Hey everyone thnk you for your reviews and blessings!

P.s:

If you doen't hear a bell then wait for the message.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
beautiful story, I recently lost someone so I'm listening for her bells. Thanks for sharing, sorry for your loss
Take care
Hazz
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Good story! Kind of strange too... Just as I was finishing reading this post, the town bells started chiming the hour. 😆
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
hello angelseeker yeah I am sure you got the bell that tell you she is in no pain and I have same things but not the bell its something mom's friend got me for christmas is a golden angel and I always keep it on the wall near the window and never move it I rather keep that way. Yes she like a mother to me but she died of cancer too.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Oh that is an awesome story! I love these kinds, I've heard bells all my life. They are guardian angels confirming to you that everything is ok. Bells don't necessarily mean an angel gets their wings but that they are around fluttering those wings while ringing their bells. Thanks for posting your story!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Thank you for sharing your story! It was a very nice one. I'm sorry for your loss.

Blessings,
DA
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hi Angelseekers,

This is such a nice experience. I recently lost my granny and trust me I still have not got over it as I was very close to her. Things like this just reassures you to be strong I guess... Thanks so much for sharing and I shall watch for the bell...:)

Regards & Prayers,
Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: