You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Precocious Child And The Old Disgruntled Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Precocious Child And The Old Disgruntled Man

 

It has been at least two months, since our unwelcomed visitor. Both me and my roommate are being disturbed by two "spirits." We do not know where these two have come from, or what it is that attracts them to us. However, we are definitely sure that we have two now. We do know that they arrived into our home a little after Christmas, shortly after our third roommate had moved out.

Our first "spirit" is a precocious child who enjoys playing with our feet, while we try to sleep. He usually shows up in the earlier time of the night and stands by the nightstand for while, until he roams around the bedroom and plays. His visit is mostly disrupted by an older disgruntled man, probably between his late 30's and early 40's.

The older man is not a pleasant one, though he has shown no signs of any threat. He does however, like to stand right next to the bed and watch my roommate sleep. He does this on several occasions. A couple of nights ago, I had gone into my roommates bedroom and noticed a "shadow" figure of an older man leaning over my roommate, while my roommate was sound asleep. The man had both of his arms on either side of my roommate and was staring inches away from his face.

I woke my roommate up, and told him what I had seen. He was pretty exhausted and fell back to sleep. I stayed awake for hours on end, keeping a close watch on my roommate to make sure that nothing happened to him. The older man seems to be a little more attracted to my roommate, as for the child is more attracted to me.

The next morning, my roommate had told me about a dream he had two days before the older man was staring intensely at him. He had dreamt that he was in the bedroom, trying to sleep, when he had noticed a child standing at the side of the bed, looking at him. The child then proceeded over to the other side of the bed. Then he said that in his dream, he walked into the living room and saw an older man sitting on the floor his back was facing my roommate, and his head snapped backwards and began to laugh menacingly.

After having the dream the activity in the house has become more frequent. We often wake to the sound of someone walking into the room. Sometimes my roommate is unable to sleep because he has the feeling that someone is watching him. Some nights while we are getting ready to sleep the door will abruptly shut.

This has happened several nights, where we would hear shuffling around the room and see "shadows" move through out the room. This doesn't happen every day, but it does occur at least four times out of the week. It is now the third week of January and this is still happening.

Other hauntings by restlessspirit20

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, restlessspirit20, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
How creepy! Have you tried communicating with these spirits? The best thing to use is a digital voice recorder. I always found it useful to talk to spirits and have them respond to me. What you can do if you can get a hold of something like the digi recorder, is start talking to the spirits, hit record and leave for awhile, or try and leave it going while you're asleep. If you're brave, you can listen to the recordings in the morning. But I've always been a "chicken" and have to have someone there with me while I listen to them.

Keep us posted if things progress!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
I would look into this place, to see if anyone died suddenly. If that has happen many spirits don't even know they are dead and are still just living there every day lives. The man in this may be wondering why your in his bed, so is investigating you while you are asleep. Perhaps doing some investigating into this place may show some light on why this is happening.
restlessspirit20 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
spiritmagnet,
I was releived at first when it died down for a bit. But it's really creepy how it got worse after we burned sage. And we don't have a local team where I live. So it would take some work to get someone to come down here.

Rstahley,
Haha. Actually I'm glad I didn't get the bad half of all of this. But my roommate has suffered a bit from it all. Lack of sleep with all that is going on. We both are disturbed while trying to sleep but his is much more frightening.

Well I will keep you guys posted on what happens. Tomorrow I will go and talk to some of the neighbors in the apartments around me and see if they are experiencing anything similar to what we are going through.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
I guess one positive thing is that you got the better of the two ghosts, although that probably doesn't bring you much comfort.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
did you enquire about your neighbour did they enquire the same with them 😕,well not make sure of anything with you anymore
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Have you spoken to other apartments in your building or next to your building? Do they have similar situations? I am sorry the sage has not worked but the fact that it settled down for a few days then things got worse unsettles me. You may want to consider other means, like bringing someone in to help. Perhaps contacting a local investigative team.
restlessspirit20 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Jmak,
We didn't recieve any previously owned items for christmas. We asked our families if they had passed any items down from the family or happened to pick anything up from an antique store. No luck. I do think however it is the area we live in.

Faerilike,
We have noticed that the child tends to stick closer to me as where the older gentleman is more into my roommate. It's odd though... Were not sure why they have picked us.

Hazz,
Yea after he told me about his dream I was very nervous. It was just too odd, and the fact that he saw the man and the child only made things a little more creepy.

SpiritMagnet,
We have tried burning sage in the last couple of days. The apartment felt okay for a few days but then the activity seemed to get worse. So now were trying to think of new ways to settle everything down. We have also asked them to leave or if they wouldn't do that just to not disturb us while we are trying to sleep. No luck there. I have talked to a few people here and they say that just like the school that is down the block this was a finishing school where many children died. I don't know if it is true but I am researching it to see if mabye that could be why our apartment is suck a hotspot for activity.

Thank you all for reading and giving me some good ideas. Please if you have any other advice feel free to share.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Hello, I have experienced what you are going through in more than one home. I always found that burning sage tends to drive out any negativity, especially lavendar infused sage. It can stink and smoke like crazy, but you will feel a difference immediately. Make sure to trail the smoke along all walls, corners, closets and windows. It may not get rid of the spirits but it will definately change the "mood" of the apartment. Please keep us posted and good luck! ❤
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
wow, that really creeped me out. Especially the part when the old man was staring, inches away from your roomate. The dream sounded really scary too,
Thanks for sharing
Take care
Hazz
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Maybe each is a relative of you and your room mate as each is attracted to one or the other. Just a thought.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
So there were no occurances before Christmas? Did you or your roommate receive anything as a gift that Christmas that might the spirits might be attached to? Please keep us updated. God bless.
restlessspirit20 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
hobbyholly,
We are currently still living in apartment 25. And my roommate and I are still trying to figure out a few things about the area. I do believe someone said that like many of the other older buildings in this area it was a finishing school for young girls. I don't know if that is true but we will research that further. Thank you for the feedback on the matter.

Dreamergal72,
We still don't know if the child and the older man have anything to do with each other. We have asked the manager of the complex knows if an older man and a child lived here at some point but she said that we werent allowed to look at the records and to her knowledge there were no accounts of them staying here. Like hobby said it could just be the area. We will continue to research and keep you updated on any info we find out. Thanks ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Could be the Child and his daddy in that apartment, Maybe that is the resident of them. Maybe it did happen to them that they died.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
I'm assuming you're in the "apartment 25" home still? Have you found out anything about not just the building, but the area in general?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: