You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Imitating Shadow Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Imitating Shadow Ghost

 

My experience is pretty short, and has only happened twice in my house in Olongapo City.

The first time I saw it was when I was 22. My wife and I and my 4 month old baby were lying down in the living room watching TV, it was around 9 p.m. My sister was a sleep upstairs. As we were lying there, we saw this shadow of a woman. Her figure was just like my mom who died in 1998. The shadow went down the stairs and straight into the bathroom. I waited for a few minutes for it to come out but nobody came out. I called out, thinking it was my sister but nobody answered. My wife told me she saw it too. I was freaked out a little by what I saw since this was my first strange experience.

The second time we saw this shadow was in the summer of last year. It was holy week so I was on a week's vacation. We had two children now.

The kids were already a sleep upstairs and me and my wife were lying down on the exact same spot just talking, when it appeared again. This time it did not look like the shadow of the woman, but it had the figure of my seven year old daughter. The Shadow stopped in the middle of the stairs and sat down just like what my daughter does she wakes up and does not see me or my wife beside her. My wife called, "JM! Is that you?" But the shadow disappeared. My wife and I looked at each other and asked, "What was that?"

Can some of you tell me what this thing is called? I have no idea myself. It doesn't bother my family in anyway, but is imitating two of my family members.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chrisdeacon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JBarum (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
Seems like it's just residual haunting type stuff... Is the building (house,etc) you live in old? Sometimes the buidling or land the place is on has certain minerals that record things and that could be all that you are seing... Since it doesn't seem to interact with you and always happens about the same way... That's probably what it is... Just like a recording or something.
phantom42 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Personally, I have never heard of dopplegangers appearing as shadows. I hvae heard of them appearing somewhat in the opposite form (opposite hair colour different skin colour, etc.). However, I cannot think of a different explanation and the doppleganger idea sounds to me like the most reasonable consideration so far.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
yes I go with the devious angel she said it right it is a dopple ganger man also make your house clean because
SHADOWS ARE SLEEPING GHOSTS, THEY DESTRY YOUR FUNTIONALITY... 😐
chrisdeacon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Dreamergal72
Hi, actually my parents are the ones who built the house, before they told us that this place was still a forest when my grandparents settled here. Its a wide piece of land. When they died, my uncles and aunts divided the land for their shares. Some of my aunts and uncles sold their shares and settled in other places here in the philippines. Thanks a lot for your help! I'll make some research with dopplegangers.

God bless
chrisdeacon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
DeviousAngel
Yes, we'll do that, thanks a lot for the information.

God bless
chrisdeacon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
lightntangy
I believe there were none, there were no missing objects and we did not feel we were being watched, the experience I should say happened for probably a minute or so. But after that, nothing more. Thanks a lot and God bless!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hello I agree with D.A. Sound like a doppleganger to me also, I would check out the history of the house if I was you and do some cleaness too.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hm...it sounds like a doppleganger to me. Dopplegangers imitate other people in the house. It's not bad or threatening at all, and it will usually stop if you ask it to, or if you choose you can have the house blessed, cleansed or smudged.

Blessings,
DA
lightntangy (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
😕 this is interesting, can I ask if there have been anything happening such as tappings (in my experiences tappings happen at the most inconvenient time like when trying to sleep) objects missing, a feeling of being watched or drops in temp. If its imitating people in your family it could just be a reimage of former events (like a replay of what has happened, this ussually happens to concerned perants. Or it could be the beginning of a poltergeist. We really need more info to tell anything more sorry.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: