You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted House?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House?

 

This happened about 7 or 8 years ago; when I was still 6 years old (I am 14 now). I was staying at a friend's house with his cousin, until nighttime, I had to go home, so they accompanied me.

On the way there, we walked across this old house. I swear that I saw someone, or something, on a rocking chair. I was staring at it while walking, and the person, who was on it, was a really tall, white/pale, lady with really long black hair and a white dress. She seemed to be holding a baby, rocking it.

She looked at me with somewhat sad eyes, and then she stared at the door in front of her.

I kind of got scared, (I was still 6 years old, so yeah) so I told Shaun and Vanessa to walks faster. The next day, I told them about what I saw, and they said that maybe it was the first people who lived there, years ago. They said that a family died by a fire, and I thought that I just saw the ghost of the Lady in white, with her baby.

Just after a few days after that, Shaun and I decided to look at the house again, and, since it was in summer, there was no cold wind, whatsoever. I felt a cold chill ran up to my spine, heard a whisper and saw a child-like figure looking at me from the window.

Shaun told me he felt it too.

Well, here is my first post. Sorry if it wasn't interesting or didn't have that many details, it was a few years ago so I can't really remember. I still have more before that, but I wanted to post this first. Thanks, everyone, for your time!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, squishy_squishy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
How sad for the lady and her baby.: (This could be a couple of things: it could very well may be a genuine haunting. Did she talk to you or have any kind communications with you or anyone else that lived there? Or it could be a residual haunting, meaning that in certain conditions...someone's final moments are replayed, like when you hit rewind on a tape. Thanks for sharing!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Many times when people die from such things as fires for example, they never really leave. In body form they do in spirit form they don't. It was there house and they tend to in spirit form to stay on looking over it. That is how it sounds to me with the lady and her baby.
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
that is strange have you ever gone back to look at the house since it happened?
pilarB (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
No, not elves, I saw Fairies. That time when I was 7, I didn't know how to call those beings. Only when I was already in Grade II, I read and saw it in a book then I realized those beings are called fairies. I can still remember, their wings are like that of a firefly and they're all beautiful. They had some sort of a festival that time. They appeared outside the yard of my Aunt, those wild weeds, we call it in the Philippines as "makahiya", the one with violet flowers, am sure you know what I am referring too.
squishy_squishy (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
[at] PilarB

Haha, I've also experienced that.
I still also, remember how those little people look like.

I put them into...uhm, tiny elves or something like that. Haha.:)
squishy_squishy (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
[at] ScaryBoy

Uhm, I didn't say I was 7 or 8 years of age, I said that it was 7 or 8 years AGO, when I was six. I'm 14, now.
pilarB (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Children of that age usually see things that are not visible to adults. I for one, have seen tiny people when I was that age and until now that I'm an adult, could still remember how they looked like. Even the so-called Imaginary Friends are real...
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
thats quite strange part of experience you are over enacted this might be a sleepless dream you encountered that sounds funny when you said you are of 7 to 8 years of age and might be are you pranking some fiction story here. NEVER DO IT...
squishy_squishy (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
[at] VoxMortuus

Yeah! And I have more also, before that, about when I was 4. Haha I still remember:)

And okay, thanks!
squishy_squishy (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
[at] dreamergal72

Ah, and thanks for understanding!:)
I really appreciate it!:D
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I dunno... Six years old, that's a shakey time. I have some memories from that era but the last thing I'd do is want to claim they were ironclad accurate.

You should be careful when relaying stories from such an age.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Squishy I do believe that its something no matter how the house new or old still the old spirits can still be there in new house after that remodel. I don't blame you being scare to go to that haunted house I am sure I get nervous if I go there ha and I been to old house that belong to my old friend.
squishy_squishy (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
[at] DeviousAngel

Thank you! And yes, they rebuild it.
And sadly, no. I was too scared to approach the house again
squishy_squishy (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
[at] Lightntangy

But how can it be my imagination if my friend felt and saw it, too?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. It sounds like something was definitely there. Did they rebuild/remodel the house, since it had caught fire? Have you had the chance to research the land?

Blessings,
DA
lightntangy (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
sorry squishy, but I'm going to put this to a point. Every neighbourhood has a haunted house if you believe what you hear listening to kids. I'm not saying it didn't happen but because of your age at the time (6) I'm going to say it may have been an over active imagination

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: