You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Shadow Child

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Child

 

It was about a month before my PawPaw passed away and I was staying with my aunt and uncle throughout the week so I could go to my junior high school and so that my MawMaw could go and stay with my PawPaw while he was in the hospital. I would stay with her on the weekends.

Anyway, I stayed in my older cousin's room while he was away to college. I really didn't make this room my own because I never knew how long I was going to be staying. My PawPaw was seriously ill with cirrhosis of the liver and emphysema and stayed in and out of the hospital. Well, this particular week, he was back in the hospital.

It was Sunday night and I went to bed around 9pm. My aunt, uncle and my other cousin was all in bed by 10. I always locked my door before I went to bed for some reason. I turned out the lights and fell right to sleep.

Around 3 am, I was awakened by the feeling that I was not alone in my bedroom. I laid there a couple of minutes with my eyes closed attempting to feel whatever or whoever was in my room. I didn't make a sound. I rolled over to my left and opened up my eyes. What I saw startled me, but didn't scare me.

There was this small figure, about three feet tall standing next to my bed. It looked like what a cherub would look like, but it was entirely black. Its skin looked like used motor oil and it was smiling at me. This thing looked just like Uncle Remus's tar baby from the old Disney movie. I tried to look at its eyes, but it seemed to look like the rest of it. It just stood there with that creepy smile. It didn't say a word and didn't move a muscle. I took a deep breath and put the sheet over my head and wanted God to take this thing away. I sat there for a minute and peeked out. I caught it as it made a break for my door. The door swung open and it disappeared out of it. The door closed, almost latching. I still wasn't scared out of my gourd. I was just wondering how that thing opened my locked door and got out. More importantly, I was wondering what that thing was!

When it was time to get up for breakfast, I asked my aunt, uncle and my other cousin if they were in my room playing a trick on me. They all said they were asleep and don't know what happened.

I still don't know what that thing was. My uncle had built their house around the area where American Indians once lived, because they've found pottery and arrowheads that would appear in the backyard after a rain.

Could this entity be a spirit of a long lost American Indian? Could it be one of their protective spirits? I will never know what that thing was.

Other hauntings by MunstersBabe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MunstersBabe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
I like this story its really strange. Skin that looks like it's covered with tar or black oil. That's a new one on me. 😊
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
From what it sounds like, you have something watching you that either wants you to know somthing, or is just trying to freak you out. Decern which one it is before taking any couse of action.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Wow! Another freaky story! I really enjoyed it! I have never heard of such a being. The only thing I can think of close to it is the ever elusive shadow beings. It makes me wonder if it is some kind of Native American guardian of some sort. I will have to look this up! 😁
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
munster babe your storie sre pretty weird iam unablke to find any reason and will inform the thing after my research of course iam a ghost researcher...
Eager for your next post babe, sorry munsterbabe!
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
The door was still ajar when I got up for breakfast. There was no way no one from the outside could have unlocked it. It didn't have a key hole. The "cherub"-looking thing reminded me of a doll, with a smile plastered on its face. But it was much bigger than a doll and I saw it whoosh out of the door it somehow managed to unlock. It could have been a harbinger of death, an alien, a ghost, a spirit... Who knows! I'd like to see that thing again, so I can look upon it with adult eyes.
pilarB (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Hi Munsterbabe, I had the same experience happened some 1-1/2 years back (I have that story shared in this website). From my experience, that shadowed boy was some kind of death premonition of somebody who'd die later on like in the case of my boyfriend's nephew. After I saw the shadow boy that early morning (September 26, 2007), after a few days (October 2, 2007), the nephew of my boyfriend had an accident and died after the operation on the head. He was only 11 years old. The person may not be related to you but just the same, check on everybody.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
When you got up the next morning was your door still ajar? As for the cherub look, could you give more detail? God bless.
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
The thing looked as if it were viscous, like used oil. I never dared to touch it or smell it. The entity never gave off a bad vibe. It seemed to be as curious of me as I was of it. It never attempted to harm me, but it sure scared the dickens out of me! LOL
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
This is going to sound weird and far-fetched, but I read a book by Whitley Strieber awhile back called Communion. Some of you probably know about it. Well, he described the same exact thing I saw, only he said it was an alien. When I read that paragraph, I threw that book across the room and would not pick it up. It could have very well been an alien. Like I said before, I will never know exactly what that thing was.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Thank you for sharing this story with us. That is a very interesting experience. I would almost be tempted to say shadow person, but the way you described this figure made me feel that it actually had a TEXTURE. That's quite a different thing.

I wish I could offer you some suggestions on what it might have been. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps there was a child who lived on that property at some point and was badly burned, or perhaps it had something to do with the Native Americans that you mentioned. I've heard of some of the acient ways of hunting, such as covering your scent with mud. Do you think it may have been mud, and it was just so dark that it looked black? At least it didn't sound like a malevolent spirit!

I look forward to other stories from you!

Blessings,
DA
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hello munstersbabe, Welcome to ygs and it maybe the spirit from indian animaca but you say it look like a oil that spill all over thing and can't see the eyes right? That strange and like I say maybe the spirit from the amicma indian sorry not spell right.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: