You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I'm Always Here For You

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Always Here For You

 

I was very close to my PawPaw. I thought of him as God-like and there was no one on this earth I loved more than him when I was a little girl. Whenever you saw him, you saw me.

He passed away when I was 13. I was to the point where I denied that he was gone, and I even refused to go to the funeral home and later to his burial. I always thought that he was somewhere on vacation and would come back one day. Finally one day, I snapped out of it and accepted that he was gone.

Before I was to get married in 1996, I found out about my biological father. I read in the newspaper where his grandmother died and her funeral services were going to be held at the funeral home up the street from where I and my MawMaw lived. I told her I wanted to go see my great-grandmother and perhaps find my father. So my MawMaw called my mom and my MawMaw's best friend and we all rode to the funeral home together. My mom didn't get out of the car. I almost ran to the door of the funeral home. My MawMaw got me to stop and take a couple of breaths before I went in.

I went in, and went to see my great-grandmother lying in her casket. She was a beautiful and frail lady from what I saw. She had long, thin white hair that was put up in a bun and had on a pale lavender dress. I left the viewing room and scoured the room for a face that looked like mine. I never did see my father. Instead, my grandfather grabbed my MawMaw's arm and pointed at my father. I don't know if they had words or not, I walked out with my MawMaw's best friend.

My father came running out and screaming that I was not his daughter. He became angry at us for even coming and making a scene. Of course, this upset me very much and my mom didn't say anything to me to comfort me.

Eventually, my mom and my MawMaw's best friend left. MawMaw was doing all she could to comfort me, but it wasn't helping much. I fell asleep with tears in my eyes in her recliner. She covered me up and went to bed herself.

I don't know what time it was when I felt this patting on my shoulder. It wasn't a jarring pat, just one that felt like someone was patting your shoulder to make you feel better. I barely opened my eyes and saw this golden-colored glow to the left of me. In my heart, I knew who it was. I smiled the biggest smile ever and told my PawPaw that I was alright now and thanked him for being there with me. When I said that, the glow faded and the patting stopped.

My PawPaw was there to comfort his other favorite girl (his first favorite was of course, MawMaw), me.

Other hauntings by MunstersBabe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MunstersBabe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
This was a well written story thanks for sharing it with us. I am glad your pawpaw was there, when you needed him the most. I feel he will always be there, in the future when ever you need him and that should give you much comfort to know that.
ghostgirlontheloose (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
i'm so sorry about your pawpaw. This story is truly one of my favorites. I hope my loved ones visit me when they to, go "home" 😊
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
This story really touched my heart... I almost had tears in my eyes😊...I too wish that someday my dad too would come and lemme know that he's there ❤
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
fine what a lovely story, this story is appreciable because he had a great love to you even after dead and good title selection which impressed me better post still more experiences babe,
Sorry munster babe
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
My son will be 2 in April and his favorite person, besides his mommy and daddy is his papa. My grandpa on my dad's side. Every time the phone rings, Micah says, "papa!" Then he wants to grab the phone and talk. When he was in the hospital about a month ago, in ICU, my grandma couldn't stay the night so we bought her dinner and went to their house after the last visiting hour. Micah looked all over the house calling, "papaaaa? Papaaaa?" It was so sad it almost made me cry. Micah was so happy when his papa came home. I think that Micah is all that keeps my grandpa going.
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
My mother had me when she was very young and wasn't able to take care of me. That's when my grandparents stepped in. I was raised as their own, with perks. My PawPaw was the only father-figure I ever really had. We were so close when I was a child, that you would think I was his shadow. My mom and I are now pretty close, but I no longer talk to my father.

When my PawPaw was dying, he would not allow me to go see him at the hospital. Being the little rebel I was, I snuck off and peeked at him and it broke my heart to see him hooked up to all of that tubing. I cried and cried because it hurt me that he was hurting. My MawMaw would not allow me to go back and that was the reason why I stayed with my aunt and uncle.

The day he died, my mom was in the room with him. She said that he was strapped down because he kept pulling the tubing out of his throat. He told her several times moments before he died, he was going "home". She told him that he would be going home whenever he got better. He shook his head "no" and pointed up. He meant he was going to Heaven. He cried and told her that his mama was standing there with his daddy, and asked her if she could see them too. She couldn't of course. She went out to smoke and came back to sit with him. They were working on him and was trying to revive him. The doctors told her that he had pulled the tubing out somehow while still strapped to the bed. We always said that my Grandma Cook (his mother) took the tubes out and came to get my PawPaw. He always loved his mother and it was fitting that she would come to get him after his final breath.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
This is a very sad story, but had a very good ending. I'm sorry that your PawPaw passed away. He sounds like he was a truly wonderful person, especially to come back even after the close of his life to comfort his other favorite girl. I'm also very sorry to hear about your mom and dad. They don't sound like very good people... But at least you had your MawMaw and PawPaw there for you.

Blessings,
DA
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
That was sweet of your papaw, Your father don't believe you his daughter that is sound something and also I never meet my great grandmother before but grandmother before on my daddy's side I mean his family and my mother don't get along. I don't know why.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: