You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Phone Calls

Real Ghost Stories

The Phone Calls

 

I was a month away from delivering my first child when my MawMaw passed away from complications of diabetes. Her death struck me hard and it hurt me like no other pain I ever felt in my life. I got to her 5 minutes too late and I felt like I never got to tell her goodbye. I was crying those body-shaking sobs and my mom and aunt was scared I would deliver my baby early. I was helped to the floor where I could cry and not stumble around and hurt myself. I was a real mess that night. She was supposed to have been there to teach me how to be a good mother to my child. I was angry at God for taking her away from me.

I had my baby in March of 1998 and he was about three months old when the phone calls came. I had my portable baby monitor clipped to my shorts and I was outside hanging clothes out on the line. I had just finished the first load and was going in to wash another load of clothes when the phone rang.

I answered it, but I couldn't hear the person on the other end very clearly. I kept saying, "Hello? Is there anyone there?" All I heard was a weird metallic-like whisper on the other end. I thought it was strange and hung up. A couple of minutes later, the phone rang again and I answered it. The same noise was on the phone. Just like before, I was saying, "Hello? Is there anyone there?" I was about to hang up the phone when I heard my name. It struck me funny because it sounded just like my MawMaw who had died a few months ago. I said, "MawMaw! Is that you?" I burst out crying. The voice on the other end of the phone said, "I love you and that baby. I'm okay now. Happy. Goodbye."

After I hung up, I bawled. (I'm wiping tears from my eyes as I type this right now.) I knew that she was no longer in pain and she wanted to let me know that she loved me and her great-grandson.

I told my husband (at the time) what happened and he thought I was going through post-partum depression. I called my MawMaw's best friend and she told me she got a phone call from my MawMaw the same day.

Other hauntings by MunstersBabe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MunstersBabe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
❤ she came back because of the love you had for her and she wanted you to know she loved you just as much consider it a blessing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Another truly touching story about the connection with your gradn parents!

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Great story thanks for sharing it with us. My Mom when she died she still would call me at exactly 10pm like she did when she was alive. This went on for about a month after her death. Her way to teach me to let go of her being gone. Spirits often contact us in many ways once their dead. Just because they are dead in body form doesn't mean they are in spirit form, as they aren't.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
MunstersBabe -
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I have heard before of spiritual communication via phone. What a great gift MawMaw gave you!

Blessed be,
ParaTam
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Beautiful story. You're lucky that she came through for you, even after the passing. I'm intrigued by the metallic sound of her voice. I had a similar thing happen to me when my dad passed. The night after his death (he died suddenly at 10:30 that morning) I was sitting by myself in the kitchen of our house, sobbing a bit, and suddenly out of nowhere came this really LOUD voice that sounded almost amplified and distorted as if over a walky talky... Say something just an inch or two from my ear. I didn't catch what it really said but is sounded somewhat like my dad. It startled me because I was sure it was so loud that it woke up the rest of the house (my mom, my brother and my sister). But I went to check on them all and they were sound asleep. To this day I don't know what it said, but as sure as I sit here I know it happened.

Do the dead have some way of appropriating our communication devices, to attempt to send messages? I guess that could be a whole sector of paranormal study, in itself.
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
that was such a nice story, I can't believe I cried... Lol, atleast you know your not getting crazy because her friend also got the call.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
well munster babe fine to see you again you can see my story named "ghosts in my residential hostel 2" experience which I puiblished through my another account you amy get some information that was terrific experience to me babe
Sorry
Munster babe
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
For some reason I am fascinated by these "phone call" stories and enjoyed this one as others I have read.

I thought it was great you were able to hear from your MawMaw and that she seemed to be well wherever she was. Thanks for the story!
farside62 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
amazing story, I wish my mom and grand parents would stop by and say Hi...
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
These kinds of posts always make me tear up. Thank you for sharing with us.
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
That was another touching story. I'm very sorry for your loss and I know how painful it is to lose someone you love. I lost my brother in 2007 and my mom 2008 and everyday I think of them and the memories we shared. Today is my brother's birthday and it's even harder for me but I know that he's in a better place and that someday we will be together. At times he gives me signs that he's still around and watching out for us. Your grandparents loved you very much and I know that they will always be with you in spirit. I'm very happy for you that your Maw and Paw were able to connect with you after their passing. You take care. God Bless!
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I think she called to let us know she was okay and healthy again where she was and gave me the opportunity to speak to her one last time. That is the greatest gift she could have ever given me.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you for sharing another wonderful story. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I would have been very upset and depressed as well. It's really wonderful that your MawMaw and PawPaw loved you so much that they both returned to say their goodbyes to you before passing on.

Blessings to you and yours,
DA
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
thats such a sad yet nice story. She must have cared about you a lot, I'm sorry you lost her. Its great that you got to say goodbye in the end 😊
Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: