You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Activities

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Activities

 

After a long period of inactivity, the weird experiences I've had the past few days seemed to bunch together in order to make up for the uneventful month I've had overall.

The first experience occurred last week Friday at around 7 or 8 p.m. My fiancé and I had just ordered our food at the drive-thru speaker of a fast food restaurant. As I pulled around my car around the corner toward the pay window, I saw a large, dark shape move impossibly quickly across the lot at the end of the drive-thru in two bounding leaps. In those two leaps, it had cleared at least a ten-foot span. It was too small to be a person, and solid black. I had the distinct feeling that it was an animal, though I've really never seen any known species in California that large move so quickly.

I told my fiancé what I had seen and he mentioned that earlier that night, on his way to my house, he had caught a glimpse of something that he felt certain was a white dress walking down a side street, but he could see no body attached to it. I got a serious case of the willies from that story!

The second experience was yesterday afternoon at work, which was completely off-the-wall, since I have never had anything strange or out of the ordinary happen at this facility before. I work in a warehouse and it's pretty busy - there are usually at least five people in the warehouse alone, and well over fifty in the rest of the building. It was about 10 a.m. And only one other person was in the warehouse with me. The doors were shut and everyone else was on break or running errands somewhere else in the building. I was going to take a package over to a pallet a few feet from my desk and only a few seconds after I stood up, I heard a very distinctive moaning sound, almost like a whimper, from just beside my desk.

I am certain it was a masculine voice and it sounded peculiarly muffled, but quite loud. I looked up to see if it had been my coworker, but he was leaning over his keyboard and working as normal. The sound was way too close to me to have been him, and the strange thing is, I usually sense presences before I hear them. I didn't sense a thing, and I was baffled as to where the sound came from. As soon as I sat down, I felt a gust of cold wind rush over my hands and face. There were no open doors, and it was over 70 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

(I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but the company I work for is a manufacturing plant for medical instruments, and there are cadaver parts stored in freezers upstairs which are used for surgical demonstrations. I seriously doubt that any spirits related to those parts would bother coming around here, but all the same, it was singularly odd.)

The second incident occurred last night while I was having an in-depth conversation with my fiancé. We were discussing politics in the spirit of the inauguration of the new President, and somehow we ended up on the topic of scientific research and whether or not there are or ever were life on other planets. We were so involved in the discussion that we hardly noticed it had been growing dark, and we were sitting in the living room with a full view of our large kitchen. Out of nowhere, I saw something move from the corner of my eye and I looked up just in time to see a reflection in one of the kitchen cabinets of a glowing, white, human-shaped figure moving very quickly across my living room, almost right where we were sitting. I had stopped mid-sentence to observe it and my fiancé asked me what was wrong. I told him "nothing, I just thought I saw something."

We continued our discussion and only a few moments later, HE paused mid-sentence and looked up, almost exactly in the same spot I had been looking. He stood up and looked at the media room behind the living room (there are soundproof glass windows that look into the media room, which is basically a theatre room) and he tried every way that he could to recreate the strange reflection he saw. There was no light coming into the house from anywhere outside, and the only light that was on inside the house was a small nightlight plugged into the kitchen, too far away from the cabinets to have been reflected in the glass. I asked him what he saw and he told me the same thing, which I had not described to him at all: he saw a glowing white figure that looked like a human person moving quickly across the living room. Unnerved, we both decided to have the rest of our conversation with the lights on.

Do you think that something has attached itself to me, or perhaps to my fiancé? If it has, it feels like it travels back and forth between us, because we each have weird little occurrences both on our own and when we're together. The thing is, I hardly ever feel SCARED when these things happen, just somewhat startled. I don't feel any bad presences or anything. Does anyone have ideas?

I also think I might have found out something about my "Taylor" story, so if you get a moment to read it, I'm going to post a comment on there explaining what I found out. Thank you for your time.

Other hauntings by DeviousAngel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeviousAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Hi Devious,

Thought you might be interested in this:

Http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Shadow_Person.html
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Thank you DannyBruise for your comment and sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. I'm honored that you're taking the time to read my accounts here. The only thing I can think is that humans ALL possess some sort of extrsensory capability, though some don't pay attention to it or have handicapped it through long-term conditioning. For example, I have heard of mothers knowing when something is wrong with their children from OCEANS away. Some people know when it's going to rain before it does, and not just because of the cold or the clouds, but they just KNOW.

I wish we could explore this more in depth and discover why we are capable of having visions and experiencing paranormal situations, what it means, and why it's different for everyone.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Wow Devious, that is creepy.
There have been times when I've seen shadows out of the corner of my eye, but when I do a double take there usually is nothing there. And it only happens every so often. I've taken a week off from work, and I'm going to read your other posts so I don't become redundant with my questions. But I'm very certain about one thing. And not just me, but I've asked other people if they feel the same as I do sometimes. And that is many times when you're busy and focused on something, you suddenly feel someone watching you. And nine times out of ten, when you look up there will be someone someone looking at you. I don't know what that is, but there has to be something hypersensitive in humans that can sense that.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hi Lynn and thank you for sharring another scary story with us. I realy enjoyed reading the encounters you both had. When you wrote about how your fiance saw a white dress... I got chills running down my back tooo! That must have been very scary for him. He sure must be s strong person if he didn't go crazy after that 😆.Thabnks again for sharing. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
rhodes, I'll ask my fiance today if I can get a full name I might be able to do a little research on. I feel like such a stalker now, but it's for a good purpose--so does that mean I'm justified? 😜

Yeah, if I end up communicating with him, I certainly don't think I'd even tell him my real name... Just in case. I feel so...what's the word...devious. 😆

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted! Thanks again!

Blessings
DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
😆I think I know exactly what it is that can go wrong...I've been there a few times but survived!

I'm thinking, could you find out what his name is? From that and without approaching the ex (avoid that if possible) do a little research about his family, whether his mother is alive etc, you know...

If and when you come to the conclusion that he IS that Taylor, give yourself the time to think of ways of approaching him. I'd send him a written message if I were you. Revealing your identity is not wise in this case (you know what I'm talking about)!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
rhodes68: thank you for your compliment as well as reading my story. It's funny because I actually had not made the connection there and I can't believe I didn't think of it! I wonder if this really was something to do with that same woman?

I'm not really sure how to communicate with Taylor... It seems really awkward to talk to him considering he's my fiance's ex's husband, lol. I kind of do feel a sense of responsibility here though, because I really feel so sad for the woman that spoke to me and the sense of urgency with which she spoke. I do have a way of communicating with my fiance's ex rather easily, I'm just not quite sure how to approach the situation.

I can tell you one thing though, I can sure imagine all the ways that this could go horribly wrong... Sometimes it's bad to have a good imagination.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Blessings,
DA
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
rstahley: thank you for taking time to read my story. I always get confused when things like this happen because it's not common that I actually encounter spirits. When I do, it's usually something obscure that makes me go "wait, what?"

I think you might be right about something possibly trying to communicate with me...I'm just still not sure whether or not I'm ready to accept that. I don't want to lose my nerve and I'm not exactly 100% prepared to communicate directly with spirits outside of prayer, divination, and the usual sort of "low key" invocations.

Thanks again!

Blessings,
DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Hey DeviousAngel, nice to have you back with another well told story.

I haven't read the previous comments so forgive any repetitions.

For some strange reason, your second experience including your fiance's claim to have seen a "dress" hovering in the air and moving fast brought your Taylor story in mind. Now, reading your update in that story I somehow feel that you're also getting the same feeling as me (?) -that the apparition and the woman's voice in that experience might be one and the same.

I also find the incident with the ex and her husband a bit too coincidental since she contacted your fiance too.

Would it be possible to find out anything about that man's mother-whether she died? I'm aware of how delicate such subjects are but if HE is the "Taylor" that woman wished to warn then you'll be of great assistance.

As for your first experience at work, it is a bit too difficult to jump to any conclusion or attempt to make assumptions unless you have another experience to "support" that single one.

Thanks
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Wow. How strange. I would hate to have a spirit following me around to where I never truly felt alone. However, you apparantly are special in the fact that this is not completely new to you. You have had other experiences and you have dabbled in other things such as tarot cards and crystals, so maybe spirits are attracted to you or drawn to you because you are more open to them and maybe this is a spirit that really wants your attention or wishes to communicate. You said that this particular spirit is quick. It moves quickly, and maybe it is someone that is frantic or was trying to make it somewhere but never found the destination and he/she wants your help. I don't know much about spirits, but it sounds plausible... Well plausible to us who believe in the paranormal anyway.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
this is considered with some sense of previous life or the other thing... This is some what like what that happened to me and my cousuin brother
May god bless you,
Scary boy
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
holly--hahaha! I hear you there! Half the time my fiance tells me about things he's seen but still doesn't believe, and tries to find some explanation for to the point that it's absurd.

Also, one thing I forgot to bring up. My fiance and I found out about a very strange coincidence. This might be a little long, but...

I wrote a story a while back in which I felt that a wolf-spirit was protecting me from an apparently neutral spirit. Ever since, I have felt this spirit acting as a guardian whenever I'm afraid or need strength. When I mentioned this to my fiance, he gave me that crooked little smirk he does when he knows something I don't and he told me about a time just after we'd met that he was talking to a friend's sister and happened to look down the street and saw a cat that reminded him of a lynx. Later on, without having told each other these stories, I started referring to him as "Wolfie" because he's so protective of me, and he started calling me "Kitten" because my mannerisms are somewhat catlike. A few days ago, I asked a friend of mine (whom I had not told any of this to, and before I found out about the lynx story) if I was an animal, what she'd think I'd be. Guess what she told me? Yep, you win the prize. A lynx.

Anyway, Sheli: the building I work in is at least twenty-five years old. I don't know for absolute certainty how old it is, but I know it's been here a while. For company confidentiality I won't disclose the name of the business but I'll say that it's in southern California and just a few miles from the mountains and the high deserts.

Whew, I'm long-winded!

Blessings,
DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Devious:
Thanks for answering my question. I guess what I meant, have you felt like something has been "with" you or you've been able to "see" things.

Don't get me started about MY fiance'. He is skeptical as well. The problem is 99% of the time I encounter things, he is either at work... Or asleep like a log (ugh). At least yours has seen things.
Sheli111 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Da,
How old is the building you work in? I don't mean to pry but spirits and so forth seem to be very interested in you. Have you recently done anything different or gone anywhere different? Different than normal, I mean.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you hobbyholly and Jmak for taking the time to read my story and post your comments.

Holly, I'm not sure exactly what you meant by your question, but I will attempt to answer it as best as I can. If you're asking about me personally, I've had a few unexplainable occurances throughout my life that led me to explore my spiritual sense a bit deeper. I'm a very spiritual person and I've done things from crystal healing to divination with runes and tarot cards. If you're asking about a connection between my future hubby and I, we've had a sort of unique connection since the day we met. The funny thing is, we started off not liking each other. I'm not sure how much you believe in the use of auras and energies, but I have always believed myself to be a "healer" (I'm usually the one my friends go to for advice on how to lessen pain, remedy an illness, or just to talk about personal problems) and my fiance is sort of an energy magnet. He's spiritual, but he's highly skeptical.

Jmak, to answer your questions: my fiance's roommate was killed in Iraq during their deployment. I never met the man in life, but I had a really, really weird experience in which I heard a male's voice speaking to me and I had a brief mental image of what the man looked like. Only later when I saw a picture of him did I realize that it was him, but he had only said "I'm sorry", which I think was meant for me to tell my fiance. We never really figured out why he contacted ME instead of him, but I don't see why he'd still be hanging around. A few of the girls around at work have mentioned that they've seen shadows darting in between the inventory aisles during the daytime and under fully-functional fluorescent tube lights, which are very bright. I'm not sure if that's them being paranoid, but I've had a few weird feelings while sitting at my desk that just came out of nowhere.

Thank you again for helping me out with this. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

Blessings
DA
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Have either of you had a close friend pass away? What about a family member that was close to the fiance'? Have your coworkers said anything about strange events at work? It's hard to determine if anything is attached to you or your fiance' because the figures seem to look and behave differently. Right now I'm leaning towards these being different singular occurances, seperate spirits so to speak. Please keep us updated. God bless.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Devious:
I think something is attached to you or future husband. What exactly I don't know. I feel something is attached to me (My grandparents or a stranger... No idea).

The thing that is puzzling, just about everywhere I've lived (about 4 different cities) I've always felt followed... Or seen things. The fact you saw something at a drive thru... Hell even work is quite unsettling. Not to pry into your personal life, but have you always had a certain "spirit connection"?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: