You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Malyan Speaking Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

The Malyan Speaking Ghost?

 

I'm 14 this year but I've encountered a ghost twice in my previous home in Malaysia. (we have since migrated to Australia).

The first time I encountered a ghost was when I was seven. I had just come back from school and was walking up to my room. I opened the door and as I stepped in, the door slammed right back in my face with a hard hit. (I'm quite sure it wasn't the wind as the window in my room was shut when I checked after that) I fell down outside my room, at which point I heard a high pitch shrill of laughter, I ran down the stairs and called to my mom, but she just ignored me thinking I was imagining stuff.

The second time I encountered a ghost was when I was 12. My mom bought me a laptop and I was happily surfing the net. My dad came in to tell me it was time for bed and to go to sleep and he switched off the lights. After he left my room, I continued to surf the net until around 5am in the morning. That's when I heard someone at my door saying in Malay, "Quick, Go to sleep, Go sleep before I get angry". (Although nobody speaks Malay I understand the language).

I felt really afraid as no one in my house would spoke Malay. I thought it was a thief but then the sound suddenly echoed around the room, "SLEEP NOW!" I was so afraid for a while that I didn't move a muscle. But after 15mins or so, I jumped onto my bed and went to sleep.

I can't imagine who it could be but it didn't hurt me. Soon after that we moved to Australia.

So,can anyone tell me what kind of ghost this might be? Was he trying to help me or scare me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kwghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hm, I think is not a bad ghost as if doesn't harms you. Perhaps it just kind of irritated when it saw you still up when people should asleep at that hour. I did experience just like this, it sounds like my dad telling me to sleep but I can't sees my dad's shadow under the door (usually we can saw person's shadow at the space between the door and the room's floor) so I know it's not him. Luckily you're out of that house. Who know what happens next?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Hehe, I think this was just a trickster ghost or possibly a poltergeist. It doesn't sound harmful, but annoying. If you ever encounter something like this again, just tell it to go away/leave you alone if you're afraid, or tell it "thank you" because maybe your dad was about to get up and get upset at you for being awake so late?

Blessings
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: