You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Cuts And Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Cuts And Shadows

 

As I've stated in my previous story about my house, the presence comes and goes. I also said that the basement gave this dreadful feeling and I never liked being there alone. But being that I am now 19, I decided I had to face my fears. I decided I'd sit in the basement while alone in the house. I know growing balls right.

Well I would spend time in the basement; I always made sure I was occupied so I wouldn't think about the goose bumps forming on my arms. Days went by and it was uneventful, the floors didn't even creak. So I considered the ghost (s) gone.

I thought all was fine until I felt my face hurting, over my upper lip. I touched it and it felt like a fresh cut. So I looked in the mirror and realized I did in fact have a cut on my face. Mind you, I bite my nails down until I don't have any. But still, I created some excuse in my mind.

Again, I spent all day in the basement until my mother got home around 2pm. After she'd get home, I would go upstairs. So I felt the need to take a shower since I didn't do so upon waking up. While washing, I looked on the inside of my arm and found yet another scratch. It was minor and I didn't even feel it but I was confused about where it had come from. I never felt the sensation of being cut!

Another day went by and I had yet another cut somewhere on my body. This happened awhile ago so I don't quite remember where this last one was. So I stopped going to the basement alone!

Now, a few weeks ago during my break from school, I was just roaming around in the kitchen. I decided to look out into the backyard because it was a full moon and it was shining bright. As I was looking through the window, I could see the reflection of things behind me. I thought nothing of it until I saw a dark shadow move by, blocking out the light. I stood up straight and thought maybe I did it but I had been standing off to the right side, the light got blocked on the left. I wasted no more time and returned to my bedroom. I felt the feeling of something over my back again. My guess is, whatever is in my house, it has returned.

A few years ago, I had been sleeping in my bed but I randomly woke up. Ever wake up and look directly at someone because you know they're in your room? Well I slowly sat up and looked towards the end of my bed. And there, was a young woman smiling at me in that dreamy like way. Kind of like she adored me. She had her hands under her chin, propped up by her elbows and she was leaning onto my bed, the rest of her body on the floor. I stared at her longer and realized she looked a lot like a friend of mine. She eventually disappeared and I went back to sleep. I wasn't afraid or alarmed; I was just upset I had been roused out of my sleep because of her presence. I definitely woke up later completely confused as to why I would see my friend in my room admiring me.

Other hauntings by kjh159

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kjh159, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

8baw (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
I agree with phantom42... I don't believe that was your friend... Be careful!
phantom42 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Sometimes, demons or spirits might attack like that when they are challenged, letting one know that they are not welcome, or whatever. Facing your fears by entering the basement to see what might happen might have been considered a challenge by the spirit.

The domon/spirit may have tried to disguise themselves as your friend in order to get your guard down, but don't be fooled if you think that might be the case.

Also, it might not be a good idea to, if these things get worse, try to get rid of them yourself. If this is how they act when someone just invades their space, think of what they might do to you or those around you if it considers you a threat. If you think the time has come to rid yourself of this/these spirits, research the professionals' oppinion on what should be done.
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
lol when I see people in my room, I do normally get afraid and panic. But for some reason, I didn't feel like that while looking at her. I didn't feel she was a threat at all and maybe she didn't want me to feel she was anyway.

Once I woke up to some extremely tall guy standing at the end of my bed... I panicked but was being hit by sleep paralysis. As soon as I could move, I rolled over, curled up under my friend and went straight back to sleep. I figure if somethings going to harm me, I'd rather not know it or else I'd die from fear.

Hobby, thanks. I don't scar or turn red easily though. My skin isn't really sensitive to things.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
um...this is really putting it out there.

I can't explain the shadow person.

I did a little looking online for the scratches. I was directed to webhelp.org then to a wikipedia link

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographic_urticaria
I'm not saying that is EXACTLY what's going on... But a possibility and I think they give tips to ease any pain/discomfort the scratches may cause
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
I can completely relate to trying to overcome your fears by going to the place where they originate. I did that years ago... Walking down a path through the woods at night where I grew up.

As for seeing someone in your room when you are in bed, I hear these stories all the time and have to wonder how anyone can be calm about it?

Don't get me wrong, I believe them, but if that happened to me, I would jump up (squealing, of course) and do SOMETHING.

I am guessing that the spirits somehow have a calming effect on the people when this happens, if they are good spirits.
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
The cut wasn't ON my lip but above it, like in between my nose and lip. & no they weren't huge gashes, it looked like someone had dragged their nail across my skin and caused a minor cut. This actually wouldn't be the first time someone has acquired cuts while in the basement. My cousin who slept down there one night actually had his stomach covered in cuts.

But I don't see how I could gain cuts from sitting down playing my ps3. & lol no I bite my nails clean off to the point that it hurts & I have to wear band aids because they're so sensitive. Bad habit, I know.:-/

Hobby, no there wasn't anything outside. Just my deck and there isn't a tree that close to the house. It literally looked like a tall man walked by the kitchen door, quickly. It wasn't my mother (the only other person in the house) because I know for a fact that she was asleep, even if it was her, I would have heard her coming down the hall.

& about the person at the end of my bed. It is possible that I was seeing things but I felt wide awake. I stared at her for a good 2 minutes because I was confused, & she just looked at me, not moving, just smiling.
Lunar_fox (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
I sometimes wake up with cuts and scratches. Just this morning I had two on my leg like when I scratch myself with my nails. Now I do currently have longish nails but I've cut mine down and I still got the cuts. Short nails can do damage too especially if you bite them and their is a jagged edge on one.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Holly always steals the words right out of my...um, hands, I guess.

I pretty much agree with her on everything. It could be just minor cuts you sustained from your activities throughout the day, and yes, chapped lips could explain that one. But you obviously saw the spirit at the end of your bed, and unless you were dreaming which is possible (I've had dreams where I wake up and something happens, and then I wake up to realize I hadn't really woken up at all if that makes any sense) it probably was a spirit. If you sense a presence, you're either paranoid or something's there. It sounds like too much activity for something not to be, so I'm going to say that it's possible you have a curious spirit in your home. Doesn't sound hostile if those cuts weren't its fault!

Blessings,
DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Ok,
Cut on your lip could have been just dry/chapped lips? Happens to me all the time (unless your lip was bleeding like a waterfall).

Random cuts on your body: were these HUGE gashes? Little scratches or just like a paper cut. I can't explain those. Although my friend will just randomly have a cut now and then on his arm or whatever.

Shadow while looking at the moon: was there anything outside? Wind blowing that could make a tree branch even a shrub move a little?

Seeing someone at night: Yes, I've woken up like that too, where it feels like someone is starring you down. It could A: Have been a dream. You woke up all tired like and thought you saw something or B: It really was a spirit.

Thanks for Sharing and Good Luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: