You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Ghost Cat

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Cat

 

I don't know if this story exactly qualifies and don't know if they will accept it but figured it's a cute story on how some things can be other than what they seem to be.

My grandmother and I had been experiencing some rather unusual activity in the apartment. The usual kinds of things you hear about from those who have a poltergeist in the house. Lights turning on and off with no one in the room, things taken from one place and left in another, the thermostat going up and down when no one is in the room that kind of thing.

I wear a pair of slip on shoes when I go outside for a smoke and take them off and leave them by the back door when I come in and grandma or I will find the shoes in two different places in the front room or dining room.

This went on for a couple of months before we could find an explanation for it. We had pretty well decided it had to be a ghost. We were wrong.

I was standing in the kitchen doorway talking to grandma when we heard a scratching noise behind me and the kitchen light turned off we looked but could see nothing but the cat sitting there staring at us. Then as we both watched, the cat jumped up the wall and turned the light back on. Later that night my grandma caught the cat dragging one of my shoes out of the kitchen.

I later caught the cat jumping at the thermostat and changing the temperature, its one of the older styles the round ones with a dial you turn not a newer digital one. We also found a stash of things when we moved some of the furniture in my room around, things like loose keys, earrings, straws, paper wrappers coins, anything the cat could pickup and carry off.

Grandpa then caught the cat fishing in his computer desk drawer and stealing pencils, pens and a couple rubber bands.

Other hauntings by AmberMoonPriestess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmberMoonPriestess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anu_your_wellwisher (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
haha...the story was really funny... Crazy cat stealing things... Its quite a weird one... But it was so cute... Narration was awesome... Keep it up... Take care...
Anu
zackboy105 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
I remember it must be longer then 3 years now My Family had a cat we took it in cause it was homeless any way when we moved she was ready to past it was very depressing in her last hours of her life she we could tell she wanted to spend time with us all she walked over and look us in the eyes sadly as to say Good Bye Then she laid in on the floor and waited for death the saddest part was to smell death Dam I miss her 😢
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Cats aren't the only ones to vie for ones attention. I have a Jack Russell terrier and he does all sorts of things. I swear he can talk, that is if I really "listen". It's sort of a telepathic connection.

When my daughter got a JR terrier, too, she noticed that he does the same things. Animals love to spice things up a bite. People aren't the only ones to get bored. And believe me they know every word you say. Watch the next time you get excited or upset, your cat will react. Your voice carries the most weight, but so does your body mechanics. It's fun really to try to fool them as well.

Thanks for the great story. We can all learn from it. Animals are smarter than we think.

God Bless 😊
Byluyster
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
satans

Lol yes they are, some smarter than others. Ghost just seems to be one furry ball of mischief, hes always getting himself into one kind of trouble or another.

Just a few minutes ago I had to rescue him from behind the tv, its a giant screened one that sits on the floor. Don't remember what the measurements are but I stand 4' 5" tall and its bigger than I am by a couple inches.
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
That just goes to show you, huh? Cats are very smart.
I have a few cats and these is a really nice story
Take care!
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
ghost has learned something new. He has figured out how to turn my desktop computer on and off.

I was sitting here working on my laptop watching him nosing about my tower when he reached out a paw and pushed the power button turning it off then he turned it back on.

He has always been fascinated by the computer especially when I am playing a game. He sits off to the side and chases the characters and monsters on the screen.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Sound like my cat who can open the drawer and get inside my things in the bathroom she love to be in the drawer. That is a very good story of your.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
thats the kind we have and he hasnt figured them out yet that I know of at least. And usualy when the door comes open it was loccked.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
I'm not sure about unlocking doors, but my cats figured out how to open them. And we don't have the latch door handles either, we have the twisty ones.

Blessings,
DA
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
i thought folks might like this one.

Theres still a few things that happen that can't be blamed on the kitty, unless he has learned not only how to unlock a door but open it as well.

And a couple of time hes been laying on the bed with me when a light has turned on (shrug).
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Haha, sounds like my kitties. Always up to mischief. Thanks for sharing this story.

Blessings,
DA
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
What a sweet story! You are definitely right, sometimes things are not what they seem, always try to find a logical explaination rather than jumping to the paranormal.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: