You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Humming And The Drums

Real Ghost Stories

Humming And The Drums

 

When I lived in Richfield I had lived in a house that was really old, built in maybe 1970, there have been no deaths or anything else I am aware of.

My room was in the basement so I had my own little living room and my own bedroom. Every morning when I would get up to shower the house would be dead silence. When I would return to my room I could here humming coming from the vents, yes it's weird but I would hear it every morning. This ghost would hum a tune and I would in turn hum the same tune back and the ghost who was female would hum it back to me so I decided to hum a different tune and she hummed it right back.

The ghost, She didn't talk or anything but she sounded young maybe in her 20's not sure but the humming has been going on for a while. I feel like she was not a threat so I was ok with her.

During the nighttime while I slept I could not hear the humming, the female ghost only hummed in the mornings but instead I could here a little boy and drums. It was as if the boy was playing a drum set and just laughing away. Now the boy and the drums only occurred at night.

I hear lots of talking and walking but could not see any of these ghosts. It was like they didn't want to be seen. What is strange is how this girl just hummed in the morning and a little boy played drums at night and then a whole bunch of them talking at night.

Now this woman follows me to campus where I school. I have been here for a year and this just started happening a week ago.

I don't understand so anyone who knows anything and that can help that would be great thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, acm_92886, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

acm_92886 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
im my opinion I just think that she wants someone to hum with her and I know about tennitus I'm in medical office support so I learn a lot of things but one question I'm worried about is the boy cause I don't hear him as much as I do the girl? I'm just confused if anyone can explain the boy that would be great thanks any questions jus ask me thanks
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I don't think you have tinnitus, you said you could hum different tunes to her and she would hum back? She probably is so excited that you can hear her and that you answered back.
acm_92886 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
yea I did do some research can't find anything maybe I'm just not looking right but I know I don't have whatever you guys think I have cause I'm not the only one that has heard it I have had friends stay over and they heard it to so I'm jus lost or maybe I need to connect to her somehow and ask why she followed me I hear her all the time here at school mainly in vents though the little boy has been quiet for some time now
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Had I been the "humming girl", I assure you I'd be jumping up and down in complete happiness to know that somebody has FINALLY heard me, acknowledged me, knows I'm there and might be able to keep me company if not help me move on (provided I knew what is "wrong" with me)!

I think if this girl is able to hear you and interact with you in this fashion (she hums, you hum back so on and so forth), she will probably attempt to reveal more about herself as soon as she can trust you.

The drummer? I have to wonder if he's connected the the "singing girl" or whether he just followed her to this piece of property. Since they both seem to have a "talent" in music, maybe just maybe they are somehow connected and maybe you doing a little "digging" into the past history of your property might come handy.

As for the woman following you to school, I'd like to know whether you have seen her, whether she has ever spoken to you etc. Do you ever sense her at home?

You seem to have a lot of ghosts around you all of a sudden...
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I have to agree with hobbyholly and say that Tinnitus might be a reason for hearing the "humming". I got that years ago in the Marines and hear constant ringing that changes in pitch. Sometimes I can manipulate it and make my own little "ringing" song if I want to.

If that's not the case, then it seems this ghost is following you to school. This is an odd story, with the hummer and the little boy on drums (playing drums at night... What a polite ghost).
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Is Tinnitus an option? I know tinnitus usually has a "ringing in the ears" type noise. But you never know.

Http://www.ata.org/ they have at least 4 pages of FAQs you might want to scan

Just throwing that possibility out there.
acm_92886 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
well when I heard the drums I heard laughter which sounded like a little boy as I forgot to mention that in the story but as for searching it found nothing and maybe this ghost that's a women is attatched to me yes I can hear her humming at school in my room and in the movie room and stuff like I just don't get it
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
How did you come to the conclusion its a little boy.

Do you hear humming from "her" when you're at school?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Hm...this is a very strange account. It sounds like this woman, whomever she is, has become attached to you personally. She doesn't seem bad or evil in any way so I think you're okay. If she starts to bother you, just politely tell her that you need some time to yourself or something like that. As long as she doesn't cause you any trouble, I'm not sure what else to say except that you can choose to make her leave if you wish, but she may have something she wants you to know or a story she needs to tell someone. You could probably help her if you're willing to listen.

As to how you go about that, it's entirely up to you. You can try any method of spiritual communication but I would advise that unless you have a very knowledgeable spiritualist with you, not to use a ouija board.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me. My email is in my profile.

Blessings,
DA
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Hmm, did you find anything of the ground where you live? You could look up on google or libary to see what build up your home and what that sound come from.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: