You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ben's Friend Camilla

Real Ghost Stories

Ben's Friend Camilla

 

In a previous story, I wrote about my baby brother seeing and feeling things of the paranormal! The story titled, the woman's voice, and my step dad's brother Henry.

Just to recap my baby Brother, Benjamin saw a figure in my doorway at my old house when he was 2 years old. Mistaking the figure for my step dad Joe. Ben later told us that the figure was not his father my step dad but was a man who looked like my step dad! The day after Ben (2) saw this figure, Joe, my step dad had gotten a call from his sister Mary. She had said that there sibling Henry had died the night before. Asking Joe to go through any photo albums, to take out pictures of Henry that she could use in a slideshow. Well when Joe, my mom Laura, My older Brother Robert, Ben and I started going through the photo albums, Joe came across a picture of Henry, and Ben without taking a second glimpse, pointed out to all of us, that was the man he saw in my bedroom doorway the night before. Again, for the full story, please go and read my story entitled, A woman's voice, and My step dad's brother Henry!

In the summer of 2007, my grandma, older brother Robert, aunt carol and I went on a little summer trip to West Virginia to see my father and my other family. We packed up on a Bright June Florida morning and left in an instant. My mother had to work, and my baby Brother Ben had summer camp, so they stayed behind. Now mind you, in the summer of 2007, Benjamin was 7 years old.

My mother and Ben went to my grandma's house to stay for the week we were gone to West Virginia, to take care of my grandma's animals, 3 dogs, 1 cat and 2 birds. Ben Loves animals, and he loves my grandma's dogs.

That weekend, during the time we were gone, Ben was outside in my grandma's backyard playing with the three dogs. My mom was inside making dinner for her and Benjamin. My mom said that it was about 6:45-7:00 in the evening when she went out into the backyard to let Benjamin know that dinner was ready. When she got out there, she saw all 3 dogs barking at the fence in the back of the backyard with Benjamin standing about 10-12 feet away from the fence. My mom said she hollered out Benjamin's name 4 times before Benjamin paid any attention to the fact that my mom was yelling for him. When he finally came around, my mom said it looked like he shook his body, and turned around and made a jet for the backdoor. When he got inside, my mom told him to wash up, and sit at the table. So he did. When he sat down, he started to cry. My mom asked him why he was crying. To her surprise this is what he said.

There was a little girl about his age standing around the back fence floating back and fourth in front of him. She was wearing a white, holey [tattered] dress that went down to the knees. But she did not have any legs; her legs and feet were not there. She had short blonde hair, and her eyes weren't there. The only thing he saw for her eyes was dark black circles. That he could see through her, to the fence, which she stood in front of.

My mom asked him, do you know what she was? He said to her without any hesitation, YES! She is a Ghost! My mom was a little baffled by this. And kept it in the back of her head not bringing it up.

When my family and I returned back from West Virginia to my grandma's house. We all went inside to tell my mom about our trip. Then out of NO WHERE, Benjamin grabbed my hand and said, c'mon sissy, come out side with me. So I got up and I went into the back yard where he took me. He told me to stand in a certain spot about I'd say 10-12 feet away from the back fence in the back yard. He then looked up to my face and asked me, "DO YOU SEE HER?" I glanced at him and I was kind of in shock by this, and I asked my baby brother "Ben what do you mean? Do I see who?"

He started laughing at me, and said "HER" as he pointed his finger up toward this fence. I was just so confused. A lot of thoughts processed through my head as I stood there with my little brother's hand in my mine, as he stood by my side. He then went on to proceed to me, "sissy, her name is Camilla!"

By this point I was too freaked out. I bent down to my little brother's level and I asked him, "Ben Who is Camilla?" He just said to me, it was his friend.

A few weeks later, my grandma sits down with her co-workers on their break. And she proceeds to tell them, what my mom had told her. About Ben seeing this little girl in her back yard of her house. One of the older ladies, about in her 70's told my grandma that there was a tragic accident in Ocoee, Florida in 1969.

A man abducted a little 8 year old girl, while she was walking to school one day in early June 1969. The abduction happened about 1 block from the little girls school, Spring Lake Elementary on Wurst Rd. Ocoee, Florida. The man had lured her in with her own puppy. Saying, I found your puppy. Don't you want him back? So the little girl loving the dog, ignorant to what would happen, went over to the man who held her puppy and reached out to get her dog; only then the man grabbed her and threw her into his car.

That was all the lady knew about that. So the following weekend, my grandma picked Ben and me up for lunch. After we had eaten, she took us to the Orange county Library in Downtown Orlando, Florida. We went in to look at the film reels of Old newspapers from the 1960-70's. What we found did not only shock us but made more sense.

We came across the Evening star in June 1969. We came across the story of a little girl being abducted, and found molested, raped, and tortured to death. June 1969, police and investigators found a little brown dog dead by stark lake in Ocoee, Florida. And not even 3 hours later, the police found a small girl that had been tortured and raped, in a small wetland area not to far off from Hiawassee road. In Ocoee Florida.

The little girl was that of remains of Camilla Jo. Hand. An 8 year old Spring Lake Elementary second grader. Oddly enough, Benjamin, at the time of seeing Camilla went to spring lake elementary school.

After we had found this information out, we saw that the evening star in 1969 printed a picture of Camilla in that newspaper. So we printed the picture out and we asked Benjamin if that was the girl that he had seen in my grandma's back yard. Without any hesitation, He had said YES.

Now somebody wrote a book on Camilla Jo. Hand. As one of the most famous Central Florida Child Abductions in a very long time. Sources said that Casey Anthony's case was much like the case of Camilla Jo. Hand. Only difference is they found Camilla not even a week after her abduction.

I believe the book is called, A little girl is murdered.

To this day, Ben fixing to be 9 years old on 2-2-2009, he still says that almost every time he goes outside into my grandma's back yard he still sees little Camilla. He says sometimes he and she play together there in the back yard.

We think nothing of it anymore, besides the fact that my baby brother could be and probably is a "SENSITIVE"!

On a later report, I just got off the phone with my Mother who lives in Florida, whilst I am up here in Michigan. She told me that last night after dinner Ben wanted some cake. So she cut him a piece of cake, and handed it to him. After he was done, my mom told him to throw the paper plate away and put the fork in the dishwasher. Now note this is at night, around 8:30. So according to my mom, Ben went into the kitchen, threw his plate away and put his fork into the dishwasher. But he said that before he closed the dishwasher, he felt like someone was looking at him. So he turned around and saw Phillip standing with his arms down by his side, and a red t-shirt on.

Phillip is my mom's late boyfriend. He had just died the day after thanksgiving in 2008. He died November 28, 2008. Unexpectedly and suddenly, he died of a massive heart attack. Took a shock to everyone who knew and loved him. To this day, I still don't want to believe that Phillip is dead!

But after Ben had seen Phillip standing by the kitchen table, my mom said that he ran to the living room and sat in the chair with my mom.

He started to cry, and my mom asked him why he was crying. He did not say.

When my mom was going to drop him off at school today, Ben looked to my mom and said Mommy, I am ready to tell you about last night. Okay!

According to my mom, Ben had said that he saw Phillip standing by the dining room table and had said all the details that I had listed above.

What do you all think this is?

Ever since Ben has been 2 years old and he will be 9 this year, he has witnessed and heard and felt weird things, and strange encounters. Could he possibly be a "SENSITIVE?'

Please, I know that all these things that are happening to my baby brother are neat. Sometimes a good family laugh. But my brother has been experiencing these things all his life. Is he prone to be like this for forever?

The three examples I listed above are the most defined, and most detailed that my baby brother can remember. There have been at least 10 cases like this coming from Ben. At least 10 times in his short 9 years he has witnessed a "SPIRIT" sometimes, he says that he dreams about dead people, and in his dreams, those people say that they love him and care for him.

Ben tells me all the time that he doesn't know what to make of this. But they keep coming in his dreams. I know that at least 25 times he has come to me about his dreams and nightmares. But only at least 10 times has he told me that he has seen these things while he was awake and aware of what he was doing and what was going on!

Its not that I am scared for Ben, I don't understand why things are prone to him.

Thank you again for reading my story I appreciate it! Look up that book about Camilla. My grandma and I drove past Camilla's house about a year ago. The house that her, her mom and dad and dog had shared. It's on 16th St. In Ocoee, Florida.

Please tell me what you think is with my baby brother?

Other hauntings by JessicaWishon1989

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JessicaWishon1989, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Maybe for some spirits getting to tell their story is the only way they will ever truly find peace.

I mean everyone wants to know that they haven't lived for nothing even how short it may have lasted.

Everyone wants some type of acknowledgment, that it was worth it, that they were worth something.

Which is odd and sounds focused on the EGO - something that probably does not fit well with the other side and highly evolved spiritual beings, yet if it wasn't for their story to be told (experienced by the "I") others again would have never been inspired. So there is some mutual working between the self and others, between telling your story and inspiring others to live theirs and inspiring others to inspire others through it once more.

Hence all working together for a greater good.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Your brother is a Messenger!

No need to make it difficult with terms like "psychic/paranormal kid" etc.

Even you are a messenger, telling his accounts over to inspire others.

On the other side everything works together for the greater good. Or that's what I would like to believe.

Who cares if the soul of the girl has not yet found peace? Maybe she appeared again for a reason... And maybe she is with him or plays with him for a reason, maybe looking over him or something.

I just find it sad and wonder "don't kids ALL have angels helping them cross over, or telling them where to go?" Or did an Angel send the little girl's spirit to your brother for a reason?... Or maybe the spirit cannot fully grow up until her story has been fully told to all those who must hear.

Maybe the spirit changed form to be more susceptible to your brother... Maybe the only way to tell her story years after is to still appear as a child, even though she might not really be a child any more or have evolved since then... Or maybe she just could never move on and grow as some suggested hence the holes in the eyes.

And I am curious what did your brother say to you about her to convince you that she has indeed moved on?
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
evgenija79 and westfire05:
I am 22 years old, I was not around when the murder happened. All I know is what people have told me. I do however have a copy of "A little girl is missing" By Samuel Roen. I have it right here in front of me. And I have read it. So What I have read from this book is pretty much the only viable information I have on this case! All I know is my little brother has seen her. Has spoke with her... Has communicated with her on several occasions. He has not seen her in almost 2 years now. But I still have the memories of our talks about her. I still have the pictures he has drawn about her. And I have reason to believe that her little dog is still with her. I often drive by her house on 16th street, I like to... Because even though the times have changed, that was still the house she lived in. And Ben has had such a powerful connection with her. I have case summaries about her. I have newspaper articles. I have the book, I have the picture. And I will always have what Ben has to say about her! It is sad to know that almost 40 years after her murder she still was on earth. I do believe that through my brother though, she was able to pass. I really hope so... Because the last recall we had with her, Ben told me something that I won't mention here. But I have reason to believe that she is with God now. She was murdered... She maybe just wanted another child to understand her... But one never came along until ben!

Respectfully,
Jessica
mystique3 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Poor Camilla... I hope one day she will be able to move on:/...
babydoll5625 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
The Book Murder of A Little Girl was written by Samuel Roen and tho it is hard to find in Libraries and book stores copyright shows 1973. I own a copy, being 6 years old at the time of the murder and living less than a mile away from the murderer, peaked my interest in the story. I found copies of this book on Amazon.com anywhere from 3.53 to 100. 00 now that is popular again with the man seeking parole in 1998 and the murder of Caylee Anthony. The book also provides history of Ocoee.
westfire05 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
To evgenija79, You may have this one confused with somone else, because she was not chopped into pieces and neither was the dog, she was mutalated, raped, and stabbed 16 times from her head to toes with her head being smashed in, and then buried in a shallow grave with the dog just being throwed in the bushes. And as you said and ill quote you on it. "THE REASON I KNOW ALL THIS IS" because I am Chad Hand, Camilla's Nephew, she was my dad's sister.
evgenija79 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
I have lived in Ocoee all my life and have heard about her all my life. Some the facts up there are wrong like he used her puppy he never used the puppy. The puppy had jumped in the car when he took her. Also he had cut her into pieces the dog too and buried them in holes. The reason I know all this is because my family was good friends with them. My great grandfather Elmer Mears its (spelled wrong in the book) identified the body, because of how bad the body she was. The name of the book is called MURDER OF A LITTLE GIRL BY SAMUEL ROEN. Its very hard too find.
Disands62 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
I was born and raised the the Ocoee/Winter Garden area. I will never forget this horrific tragedy. I was 7yrs old at the time and my mother was on edge each time we were out playing. This put the whole community on edge. Back in the 1960's kids could play outside, walk to the corner store without their parents worrying... But after this crime everyone was on guard. I still live in Ocoee Fla and I often drive by Hiawassee Rd where her body was found. I will never forget it.
As far as ghosts...yes, I believe your brother saw her. Maybe Camilla is not at peace and cannot move on until the Monster who murdered her is gone. Last I heard he was up for parole in 2008. My grandmother had that ability also. She often told us that she saw relatives of hers that had pasted. My grandmother was Native American Indian. Thanks for the story.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
😊 I Agree with DeviousAngel... Theres a possibility that a person with a strong ability to see a spirit or other paranormal entity may be gone when he/she is growing up... If he/she would ignore/shut them off... But the thing is... Its for him/her to decide if he wants it to countinue like that, just keep supporting your brother... That would be the best you can do... I think its a gift given by god to help those who haven't seen the light, 😊 I am no expert on this thing cause em just normal, though I have seen ghost/spirit a while back... But now I won't see them even if I want too, anyway thanks for sharing your brothe story... Its a good story... 😊

-Ayasegawa Yumichika
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
what a gift! And a great story! I wonder truly why it is that some people are more sensitive to these things than others? Is ben okay with these experiences, I hope he doesn't get too frightened and id love to get updates on his future encounters ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
How would that 70 year old lady know how the man lured the little girl to him with her puppy if the little girl was murdered. Did the killer get arrested & tell them that he used her puppy? How did he get a hold of the little girls puppy was he stalking her? I know this is an old story but. I thought I might try.

~LSD~
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
he may have been born with a stronger version of the "6th" sense. Allpeople have it but may be to weak to see anything. This is when people can see, hear or feelthe presece of the dead. For my self, I am a user of the ouija board so I study these things. Keep an eye on your brother and do a little history about your grate grand mothers. See if any of them had any weird things with them. If any one have any other things to ask me, give me an e-mail. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com I'll be happy to help:)
Ghostjimmy (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
He must be a sensitive.Don't forget that he is a child.I'm 13 years old and haven't seen anything but my friends see things, I search them and we decided to be ghost hunters.i'ts fun, you know but we still haven't seen anything clearly. 😊That's mostly because we're losing the children's innocence that allows them to see things. Either he is a sensitive or it is his childhood innocence thatgives him "the gift".Take him to priests and ask them to teach him how to control it. He may have to use it in the future to help someone or deliver a message.Don't let him think he's evil! Just tell him he's very special and the priests will do the rest. 😊 ❤
P.S.If I'm not mistaken the priests ther are much more open-minded than they're here.See,I'm a christian orthodox and I live in Greece. If you want to contact me my e-mail is dimitris [at] die3grazien.com!
Take care and thanks for your story,
Ghostjimmy.
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
RHODES68: ben says that she has no eyes... Just big dark circles where her eyes should be, not so much as though he can see through where her eyes should be... Just dark circles... He told me its becuase she can not see that well... So I dunno! I havant heard anymore news from ben about camilla!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
"No eyes..."! Have you asked him why he draws her without eyes, Jessica?

That image brought to mind something I read at some point when I was still an undergraduate "...for the souls of the many have NO EYES which can endure the vision of the Divine": Plato (the Sophists)

I'm wondering what the little girl is trying to tell him, that she simply cannot see the light thus, she remains trapped or that... I don't know-she died at a very young age to feel she has no place in the arms of her Creator.

I'm afraid this IS what she's trying to tell him that she cannot see where the "light" is and is asking him for help.

I hope you can get your brother to open up about his interactions with the girl and seek assistance for her Jessica.
Thank you again!
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
RHODES68~ I don't know if she is at peace! I have never seen her... I choose to never see her, and everytime I think about the picture in the news paper, I have to quickly think about something else! Because I don't like the thought of thinking of a dead child! And Ben still says that he has seen her. He has even drew me pictures of his little firend CAMILLA! And out of no where he will draw a picture of her. And his picture is scary because... She has no eyes in the picture! But Ben sees her all the time still, as though she has adopted him as a friend! And he says that he enjoys talking to her! And he never fears her, that all she wants to do is play! So I dunno! But that is the only "SPIRIT" that Ben will still see, I have not been notified if anything else has been witnessed by Ben! So that's that!
Thanks for your comment
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
Like I said Jessica, I'm not doubting your brother's experience, I was thinking more in terms of spirits appearing as someone else-concealing their true identity- but if you say he recognised her from the photos then it must have been her.

No I don't think that just because you got the dates a bit mixed up you're lying. I don't have a good "relationship" with numbers either and I quite often make wrong calculations only to come back later and apologise to the people who posted.

I was wondering, do you think that Camilla has finally found peace? Have you asked him what he "feels"? I was shocked to read about her murder!

Thanks
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
okay rhodes68~ So I got some dates mixed up! And no Hiawassee is not far from stark lake its only about a road or two over! So okay fine! But when we showed Ben the picture of Camilla, he said that was her! The only thing is I got the dates mixed up... But I havnt looked into the story since it happened back in 2007... The summer of 2007... So yeah I guess I forgot the exact dates! But no matter what month it happened in... Camilla died way before ben was born... So I don't really think that the dates of her abduction and the date of her finding are such a big deal in this story... The big deal is my baby brother saw her almost 40 years after her death later! That is sufficent! And nothing else
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Jessica, Camilla Jo Hand body was discovered on 12th of April, 1969 that is two days after her murder. Her dog's body was discovered laying nor far from hers.

I'm not trying to debunk your story or your brothre's experience but the dates you are giving are incorrect.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Jessica--
I hadn't realized you had written an earlier story about your bother Ben, but after reading it and this one, it appears fairly conclusive that he has a gift of second sight. It's obvious as well you are a good sister, that he trusts you, and that you are genuinely concerned for his future with his talents.
There's a Biography Channel program called "Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal" which I recommend. It brings together kids from around the country who have psychic abilities (and their parents) and who are often uncomfortable with them, or are lonely because they don't want to tell other kids of their gifts, or are taunted because they have, or generally have no one who truly understands their abilities. The weekly series (shown here on Saturdays) offers some great insights as each small group of three or four children meet and interact with the guidance of both a psychologist and a medium by the name of CHIP COFFEY. The parents get to meet and talk of their feelings as well. Coffey has a website, so Google him and maybe eventually contact him about your brother Ben. A contact is not a commitment, but Coffey is a professional and to see him work is the best recommendtion for your own judgment of the matter. Thank you for your interest on Ben's behalf, and we hope you can get to the source of your own experiences as well.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Curlylass had some good advice. It's possible that this is just a phase of childhood that he'll grow out of, but children who have experienced things to the degree of clarity that Ben has don't quickly forget the experiences they've had and it could potentially carry with him into adulthood. There's a good chance that this will be something he has to deal with for the rest of his life. Some people, however, have the ability to 'shut it off' when it becomes too much for them to handle. Some people convince themselves that they can't see things like that, and after a while, they don't. That's an option for him, but he seems only to be startled by these spirits rather than actually scared of them.

I agree that he should learn early on to shield himself from any negativity and to make spirits leave when he's uncomfortable. Ghosts are simply not demons, and he should not be afraid of them. They are just people who are unable to pass on. Some are good, some are bad. It's going to have to be almost like real life: you pick your friends and acquaintances according to their behavior. If anything is threatening towards him, he'll need to learn how to tell it to go away and not be afraid of it. Early on is the best time to start, so as a big sister, the best thing you can teach him is not to be afraid. Teach him to be brave and stand up to spirits if they're trying to scare him.

If you need anything, please feel free to contact me through email. My address is on my profile.

Blessings,
DA
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Jeesica, I cannot really give you a true answer to what is going on what I can say is that these ghosts do not seem to want to harm him in any way. I read your story and it seems to me that these ghost visits are just to check on him to make sure he is ok. Like the one part you wrote you stated that your brother had said the spirits said they love him and care for him. But it does seem to me he has some kind of connection with them maybe you would feel better to have him to talk to someone that is your call I wish I could have been more help
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Hey Jessica,

Thanks for sharing, this must be emotionally tyring for Ben. Hope he is able to live with this gift, I would suggest you think of gettinig him some help about how he cam handle this better. It can effect him if the experiences get reactive.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
wow interest ben seem had the gift and will never give rid of. He would seen things in whole life.
Curlylass (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Your little brother's experience closely mirror my own. In answer to your questions: Yes, I would guess he's a Sensitive. And yes, if he is indeed a Sensitive, he'll be this way (to one degree or another) all his life. I would recommend first off that he be kept away from all 'demonic' based movies, and people of certain churches who will teach him that contact such as he's having (which he can't help anyway) is of the devil or demonic in nature. That's just bull. There are many levels on the spiritual plane, and some are less desirable than others, but most of them are not evil in nature. What becomes a focus point in life, often is a focus for the earth bound spirit. If they were an alchoholic in life, a sex fiend, extremely depressed, (especially to the point of suicide) they will carry this over into the afterlife, and since they are unable to do anything else, they have only this to focus on. If it's anger, or other strong emotion it will be what you feel when you're experiencing the entity. He needs to learn as he grows older how to deal with this aspect, and how to protect and shield himself spiritually. I recommend you find someone in your area for guidance, but use prudence as to whom you contact, and who you allow to influence your little brother. I'm 53, and just now starting to really be able to control my abilities. But I had the bad luck to have a fundamentalist religious upbringing which taught that this was all "of the devil". This did a LOT to frighten me and cause me to have absolutely zip in the way of self confidence. I thought *I* was evil. Don't let this happen to him. I wish you all the best in protecting and helping your family to understand what's happening to him. Above all, just don't freak out about it. It's as normal to him as breathing, and you will get used to it as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: