You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghostly Whisp Of A Tail

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Whisp Of A Tail

 

This is my first of many stories I will write about. It kind of freaks me out and I wonder whether you could help me.

My first experience was when I was eight years old a month after we just moved into our house. I scurried to the bathroom to go "potty" as I was washing my hands I turned and nearly screamed. I saw a Ghostly whisp of a tail and the upper half of a body passing through my bedroom door which was closed. I high tailed it down stairs and told my parents. My parents said I was seeing things.

My second experience was when I was in the 4th grade. I got off my school bus, and walked towards my house. I turned the knob of the door. It was locked. I got very scared and kept pushing on the door until finally I gave it a little push and it popped open. I remember by the door it was oddly cold. I heard someone upstairs and called out thinking it was my mother or one of my three sisters. No one reply.

About 3 months ago I saw a glowing blue ball of light and later an image of a girl with blond, hair blue eyes maybe 13 the same age as me.

I remember brushing my teeth in the bathroom when I heard someone walking in the hallway. When I looked over there was nobody in the hallway. This has occurred many times.

I was at school in science class doing my work when my friend Hailey went to the bathroom. I heard someone come into the room about 5 minute's later, walk behind me and sit in the chair next to me. Thinking it was Hailey I looked over but there was no one there. About 1 minute later Hailey came in. She is also haunted by a ghost.

I got out of the shower and my mirror fogged up like always. I always lock my bathroom door too. When I looked at the mirror, there was a broken heart drawn into the steam on the mirror.

Can anyone explain or tell me how to communicate with my ghost a bit more? She also likes to walk around at night between 2-4 in the morning or tap on my door making it creak.

Thanks everyone!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fallonann96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fallonann96 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Thank you everyone and ill try to get some info. My friend used to live here and never saw anything and I'm in a very peaceful neighborhood. Libertybelle- It was actually a like hmm I can't explain but just like pointed almost and the upperbody was of a teenage girl. As for hobbyholly my door wasn't supposed to be locked. Umm... I was inside my house when I heard the noise as if someone was walking in my hallway upstairs and bumped something. I wasn't alone in the classroom but everything was quiet. I only heard the noise. Well my friend is haunted by a ghost who can take over her body at times and her name is Maria. But ill explain her in another story. As for the broken heart it was freshly drawn. Thanks everyone for the comments! 😆
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Is/was it uncommon for your front door to be locked? When you heard your name called were you inside or fumbling with the door still?

If you were outside, it could have been just "outdoor noise" you know, traffic, wind, voices carrying from kids getting off the bus.

In science class: were you and your friend the only one in the classroom? Was this after school? Often when schools are empty/almost empty, the few kids/faculty left behind can echo.

"About 1 minute later Hailey came in. She is also haunted by a ghost."- Um, do you have examples you could share?

"When I looked at the mirror, there was a broken heart drawn into the steam on the mirror"- Was this a clear easy to see broken heart? Like freshly drawn? It could have been smudges that were on your mirror and not visible prior to your shower
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Hello and welcome to YGS! It sounds like you have a lot of atmospheric energy where you live. The events you've experienced sound residual since the spirit didn't directly interact with you. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. It's startling but it can't hurt you or anything.

I agree with libterybelle, it could have something to do with the land. Places with high energy fields usually attract spirits or at best, retain imprints of the former tenants. Some people have even claimed seeing a double-image of a completely different house or room before on the land where they live--almost like a double-exposure in a photograph.

Anyway, try not to be afraid. 😊 If this is an intelligent haunting, then it just seems curious and nonthreatening. It's up to you whether or not you're ready to listen to the messages that spirits want to get across to someone.

Blessings,
DA
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
The house's age doesn't really matter--newer homes are sometimes built on the site of older structures, and even on land that might have previously been wooded or meadow, we often have no way of knowing what lies underneath. I'm not talking of forgotten graveyards or burial grounds, either--in some parts of the world archeologists have found ruins upon ruins built one on top of the other, and even in a place as comparatively recent as New York City they sometimes come across surprising things when excavating.

All that was free, now on to the question at hand.

What sort of a tail was it? Dog? Cat? Horse? Something no one had ever seen before, to the best of your knowledge? And wass the upper part of the body male or female, adult or child?

I realize that it's been five years since this startled you, so please don't think I'm interrogating you like a detective. I simply like to have as much detail as I can in order to put the puzzle together, in a manner of speaking.

Now, as to the girl, I'd suggest trying to find out as much as you can about your house and whatever might have been on the property previously. Your local library would be a good place to start, especially if they have state and local history section. Tell the librarian that you're interested in researching the history of your neighborhood, which certainly isn't a lie. Things that may have occurred in the area near your house could also influence what's going on.

Welcome to the site, my dear, and please keep us posted. I'm quite interested in what you might turn up.
Fi2965 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
hey!...!...first fo all are you like comfortable with the girl... Coming over and over to you?... 😕 you need to find more bout your house your living in... Than the " girl "?...maybe your house has some sort of a story to tell you! (seriously!...if its an old house!...there has to be A STORY!) and...umm...are you in 8th grade?!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: