You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Apartment

 

Nothing happened to me over the passed months until January 10th.

One of my long time dearest friend's (Madison) was getting married. She was proposed to on January 1st 2008 0:00a.m, so you could imagine her surprise, OUR surprise when the guy popped the big question. He didn't even mention to any of us.

It was such a joyous and wonderful occasion. I'm even smiling now as I'm remembering that day. I couldn't be happier for my friends.

They are both living as an "official" couple in an apartment Madison's uncle had given them as an Engagement and Wedding gift (he's loaded). The wedding date is set for 2010.

After a week had passed, Madison had invited me to stay over her apartment to check the place out. Since I was on annual leave when she asked, I accepted the offer without any hesitation and brought my girlfriend along.

The apartment was spectacular. It was like, better than a double storey house. The features, everything, the bathrooms, the bedrooms, the kitchen.

The first two nights at the apartment was great, nothing happened, everything was normal. Until Saturday morning 10th of January between 4-5am. My friend Madi woke up screaming. Since her fiancé had left to stay the night at his parents to redo their bathroom, Madison was all alone in her bedroom, so when she screamed I quickly jolted to her bedroom to see what had happened.

She started to cry, mumbling that she "didn't want to", that she doesn't want it to happen to her. I was comforting her, telling her it was just a nightmare, after a few minutes she got it together and laughed at her stupidity. My girlfriend had woken up and asked what had happened. I explained to her and she was laughing out of sympathy. She decided to sleep with Madison until sunrise. I couldn't go back to sleep. When I wake up, I wake up and that's that. So I turned on the T.V and flicked it to the music channel and had it on low volume, loud enough for me to enjoy it, low enough for it to not disturb anyone. I went into the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea.

While I was stirring my tea, I felt a cool breeze fly by me. I didn't think much of it. The window was open. (But the breeze shouldn't have come from the direction I felt it from, but I didn't care and I wasn't thinking that at the time) I went back to the lounge and the TV had changed channels. I found it odd and went to Madi's room as I thought my girlfriend must have woken up, changed the channel and went to the toilet, but as I opened the bedroom door, both of them were sound asleep. I scratched my head and came to the conclusion that when I had gotten up I changed the channels without realizing.

An hour had passed and everything was normal, until I saw something or someone move across the balcony. I got off the couch and went into attack mode. I was stepping back as I thought that maybe we were going to have an intruder. I went into Madi's bedroom to wake them up but I didn't tell them what I saw, just to wake them up incase there was someone there and the girls would be awake and ready.

I went into the laundry room to get the gun Matt had told me about, if there were to be any "situations". As soon as I had the gun in my hand, I felt weird, (I had never held or used a gun before) I felt powerful and scared at the same time. As I stepped out of the laundry room I heard the girls screaming, I rushed into their bedroom to see some human shadow figure at the bathroom door, of course straight away I shot the gun at it (the bullet went through it) and it "smoked" out. The girls obviously were freaking out and Madison was crying and shaking like crazy, saying that he was the one who ruined the Wedding of Eve.

I asked who "Eve" was, she told me it was the person in her dream (nightmare) she had a few hours ago. My girlfriend and I looked at each other and asked her what happened to Eve at her wedding or what had happen to her wedding.

She told us that in her dream, she saw what "Eve" saw, felt what she felt and tasted and smelt. During the ceremony, Eve saw a man down the aisle with no facial features. She turned to her husband-to-be and his face was decaying, she screamed and everyone at the ceremony had their eyes bleeding and mouths dropping off. The Man flew down the aisle towards Eve and that's when Madi woke up screaming.

Me and my girlfriend were obviously freaked out about the dream she had.

A Day had passed and we forgot about what had happened already. Until Monday 12th of January, It was about 11:00pm and we were still up. (Matt is with us now) While we were watching a movie, we heard plates and utensils falling on the floor in the kitchen, the girls got freaked out as did Matt and I. We both got up, to investigate to see that everything was normal. We told the girls and they wanted out, straight away. I was freaked out too, but I told them that Ghost can't hurt you and that the sounds you hear are just a playback of their life or whatever (I didn't know what I was talking about).

We decided to go to bed. While we were lying down, my girlfriend was lying closer to me then ever before. We started hearing noises, like rumbles and bangs on the wall. My girlfriend whimped, so I put my IPod touch on for music and lighting effects to calm us down. Matt and Madi had come into our room and asked if we heard the rumbling in the walls, we told them yes. So we decided to go into the lounge together. The lights were on and TV was on. The banging and rumbling continued until we heard a "Uuurrhhhhhhhh". My girlfriend screamed out to leave us alone. The T.V switched off and we saw a face. The girls screamed, my heart stopped and we all got up and ran out of the apartment.

We ended up staying at Matt's parent's place, which happened to live only 15 minutes away. Madi, told her uncle about what had happened and he said that he never experienced something like that before.

So what does this mean? I'm lost without words. Why did it happen to us and not her uncle? What was that freaky nightmare all about?

By the way; my friends moved out. The apartment was sold and Madi's uncle bought them another place to live. (Not haunted lol)

Also Matt and I are going back to the apartment to talk to the people who live there now. See if they've experience anything.

Other hauntings by ominousnyxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ominousnyxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Very nice story:) kind of off subject but what kind of gun was stashed? Lol
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Lol seems like a lot has happened to you (I'd consider you lucky 😊) Anyways, I suck at figuring things out 😆 But I wanted to comment... I Love the stories... Also, if I saw the face, I'd probably stare at it for like 10 minutes, then scream. (Ignore My Name Lol!)
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
The dream is scary enough as itself and I think that's down to wedding jitters and the shadow person that's just I don't know CREEPY, Was the tv with the face left from the show you were watching?

Regads,

~Shadead.
Chia (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
Lol, Actually I think its you too. Hahaha. Don't you think its kind of ironic that when you went to sleep there paranormal things begins to happen. To test this theory you should try sleeping over there new place. But anyways another great story.
mean_jolene (7 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
I think it's you... The ghost is following you since the previous owner has never experienced that.
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-25)
luffy, for whom is your comment intended to? Errr... I haven't read any chinese sayings on this story. I think you are confused and mistaken to your comment on this page for another story. 😆

Ominousnyxx, will be anticipating your report on that apartment. 😉

God Bless,
JAM
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Actually, ominousnyxx, the only time you would be arrested for criminal possession of a weapon is if you had been carrying it outside or if you had used it to commit a crime. There are extenuating circumstances in which someone who is not registered to the weapon or does not have a weapon permit can use a firearm. For example, if someone else in the home owns the gun and that person is hurt or killed and there is an intruder, it is perfectly legal for you to use the gun to protect that individual and yourself. You won't get in trouble because there are "extreme circumstance" cases. Otherwise you'd hear about the brave children who come after burglers who attack their parents with their guns.

I also have one theory about that shadow person: perhaps it was a friend, relative, or overall guardian spirit who knew that your friend was having a nightmare and wanted to be sure that she was okay, perhaps even try to console her. It may be coincidence that it appeared similar to the person in her dream.

Thank you for answering my questions! Please keep us updated!

Blessings,
DA
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
We'll be going back on the 31st of January, this coming Saturday.

Lol - Forgot to mention that someone had called the cops, cause of the gun shot. Luckily, Madison's washing machine door when shut with force almost replicates the sound of a gunshot.

Which luckily was enough to fool the cops.
Or else I would have been arrested for "criminal possession of a weapon" regardless if Matt had license to use it - I didn't.

To DA: "Is it possible that someone else was banging on the walls from another apartment?" - I very much doubt that. The apartment walls aren't connected to each apartment - rather it is divided. (dunno how to explain it - but I hope you get it)

Also if the apartments were connected wall to wall - their neighbours wouldn't bang on the walls for no reason - unless they were "banging" each other and thus banging the wall... LOL 😆
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Wow, that all sounds terrifying! I wouldn't have states after the first night of activity. You are far braver than I am. I most definitely think you should go back and talk to the new people living there in the apartment, and maybe do some research on the land.
As for explanations, I'm baffled, and a little frightened to be honest, lol.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
sacry experience to you!really!truely speaking
Blessings and wishes,
Scary boy
ghostgirl445 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Wow... Seems scary! Did you talk to the current people that lived at your haunted house? What did they say? Please reply soon!:-)
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
I'm inclined to go with the pre-wedding jitters theory.

Since Madi had just had a nightmare, it could well be that the shadow person kind of "merged" with the figure in her dream.

Be that as it may, we're definitely talking freaky here--very freaky indeed.

Please let us know what you and Matt uncover in your investigations!

❤ ❤ ❤
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
AAHH! 😢 I typoed on the date! It was January 1st 2009! Lol.

I agree, that the dream could be wedding anxiety. After all Madison is only 20 and turning 21 this year - She'll be 22 on her wedding day.

Just something that's bothering is... When she saw that "shadow" Madison said that he was the one in her dreams. =/

Can ghost alter a persons dream? O.o"

P.S; Matt and I are planning to go back on this Saturday, to see how the new people there are doing.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Well, and, did they got married or still engaged?, I hope that ghost doesn't really spoil the weeding 😕
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
I have one theory on the nightmare.

I don't know far along in planning the wedding your friend is. Shortly after I got engaged (Labor Day 08) I started having really strange dreams about "the big day". Sometimes I was a bridesmaid at my own wedding. Sometimes I was marrying my high school boyfriend (trust me I woke up screaming from that one). Sometimes I was watching my grandparents get married. Etc. I chalked it up to nerves/being anxious.

As far as this person/thing you saw... That is truly scary. Did anything happen in that apartment? That 'urrrrr" sound could have been plumbing.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Wow...that is just...weird.

How did uncle feel about a bullethole in his apartment? 😆

Sounds like some poltergeist activity and a shadowperson, but I don't think this spirit actually meant to hurt anyone. I think he was just...well, there. I think you all were really scared and that was contributing to the energy in the air, effectively strengthening this spirit. The number one thing people will always tell you is to try your best to buckle down and try to laugh it off or not be afraid. The dream thing may have been a coincidence related to wedding anxiety, and the face could have been the afterimage left from the TV as it shut off. How close were other tenants of the complex? Is it possible that someone else was banging on the walls from another apartment?

Have you had a chance to see if anyone else has had anything weird happen since they've lived there?

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: