You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Night I Still Can't Forget

Real Ghost Stories

The Night I Still Can't Forget

 

I was in high school, the right time to get into all other stuff other than studies. I had a cool circle of friends. Usually we came up with nice things to do, we found our own time by bunking classes and stuff, most of us would stay up at my place on Friday nights planning for a night study, we would sleep on my terrace-a nice spacious one- and located near the Marina gave us the best breeze and the best view which also included some nice chicks staying nearby.

One night only Jackson and I stayed up as the others were very tired after a day at Kovalam. Jackson is my best bud until date, and we also share the same frequencies on all stuff. He's a very bold guy who easily picks up fights; he knows my interests in apparitions and has bravely attempted with me black magic and stuff.

We started studying at ten and closed our books before ten thirty, we were equally tired as the others and our bodies were craving for some rest. We lay down but after a while I woke up; I don't know why but I turned my face towards him and saw him sleeping with his face up. To my shock I found his body shaking vigorously and to add more to my shock I could see his head still on the pillow, but what was more was the confusion that set within me. His head seemed to look as if it has been nailed down to the pillow whereas his body just kept shaking. I put up some guts to wake him up but had a slight thought of it being a prank.

Anyways in this state I didn't want to worsen the situation so I tried closing my eyes. I fell asleep in a few seconds. The sight of his body shaking was continuously running in my mind, after an hour or so I woke up again. But this time I wanted to know if he was ok but I had an in gut feeling that was asking me not to turn.

I just turned my face towards him and saw him sleeping normally; before I could take a deep breath and relax, I saw his body shake again. This time I wasn't scared much but I was confused of not knowing what is happening. As I was continuing to watch this, his body was being thrown up and down slightly like it was defying gravity-what confused me the most is his head which didn't move even an inch.

I was almost going crazy when suddenly I witnessed a black figure of a person, to be precise, a little darker but almost like our shadow, got up from inside his body, in a position as if it had been sleeping on him.

After looking at this I got frightened so much that I got goose bumps all over my body, the hair on my neck stood ninety degrees. This was the first time in my life that I was so frightened. I still don't know if I fell asleep or if I had a blackout because I lost my consciousness after that.

I actually thank God that I did black out or sleep after that because I can't imagine what I would have done if I was conscious after seeing such a sight of something getting out of my friend's body.

The misery is that this wasn't over. In a while I felt someone trying to wake me up, but it was Jackson who was doing this, his face was very frightened and he asked me if we could go down and sleep.

Although I was equally frightened too, I wasn't a coward to run downstairs and I have always been a guy who wants to know more and more about apparitions-the truth is that my curiosity dominates my fear that made me tell him to relax and sleep.

I actually lost sleep after he woke me up and I was thinking of what was bothering him. I knew that it wasn't the right time for me to ask him anything. Before I could come into any conclusion he tried to wake me up again. I asked him what his problem was and he said that he saw something move here and there on the terrace. I knew he was telling the truth because I was haunted by the feeling too. His face was really troubled. Before I could think about anything else he swore again saying that it was a black creature.

After this word I knew that there was some serious problem because the one I saw get up from his body was also in black color. I instantly suggested we would shift our positions and we went into the centre of our terrace. After getting the mat laid and the moment I slept I felt something was seated very close to my head, watching me. This feeling haunted me for a couple of minutes and suddenly Jack worriedly said that he senses something here and even has a feeling that someone is watching him.

The second he uttered the same feeling I sensed I knew that it is not advisable to stay there longer and we got down and slept in my hall. The next morning we woke up but as my parents were there, he didn't talk about the incident and neither did I. He rushed back home. For the next one week he was seriously ill. Though we are the closest buds until date he hasn't stepped onto my terrace after that incident.

Other hauntings by blank

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blank, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Hi Dude, Thanks for the story, I don't know your name so please reply me your name. It was a scary story but a doubt arises. Just ask Jack whether any death has occured in his family members prior to this incident? If it is yes then no doubt that it may be some of the close relative of Jack or if not then it may be something else I believe then it may be a soul who just roams. Thanks you God Bless you all.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Wow creepy. I thought, when you said he like floated, that he was being posessed by a spirit. I guess I was right... You and your friend mentioned it was a black creature or figure, so could it be a demon?
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
Hi its really strange and scaring incident. It seems you have more guts try to take some pics of the ghost if possible. 😜
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Dude thanks this was more than a compliment, but thinking of it constrains my mind. And buddy I don't know what, I've been experiencing a hell lot of things and am not the one who's affected always its the others with me. Don't know where this would take me, but sure of continuing my research. Thanks a ton for the comment.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
blank, my friend, you win the award for keeping me up tonight 😜 These stories, especially this one after reading part 2, always disturb me.
I hope you keep safe.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Guys thanks for the comments.

Beast_of_the_East the next one is uploaded too, read it and do comment.

Rstahley thanks for the comment.

Ghostreader1000 thanks, and yes I know some experience people playing with black magic have had, but this particular incident wasn't much connected to it. You will know it clearly when you read the second part of it.
Beast_of_the_East (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
That story was just...wow.
Horrible goosebumps from that.
Can't wait to read the next one 😉
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
I meant your not you're. I really hate that I did that. I have a degree in English, so I had to write a new post and correct myself.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Wow. That's really creepy. I don't think that I would have been able to go back to sleep at all. I probably would've freaked out. I'm glad that you're friend was okay. Is that the only experience you had? It probably had to do with the black magic.
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Blank
First off thank you for sharing your story. The black shadow people as I like to call them are relaxing at times with no intent to do any harm while others have the mind of harming. My guess is that well you mentioned something about black magic. Well never I mean NEVER play around with that stuff. Black magic has been around for thousands of years. It is something that is never to be toyed with. I have the abiltiy to see the past departed souls at times. They can be scary. But other times they are just seeking answers. My guess is that if and when you and your friend played around with black magic. You invited a very unwelcome guest.

My advice to you is stop playing around with black magic even if you know that you do or do not know much about it. Next time you could invite something in that could inflict severe harm or even death. Please be careful it is not worth your life or your friends I hope you and your friend find peace.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
what an awesome story really, and but what impression did it give to jack iam anxious please reply me and what happened next mail to kiran_chandra07 [at] yahoo.com
Never I say anything because iam
SCARY BOY
SEE YOU IN NEXT POST FRIEND WHICH PART OF INDIA YOU BELONG TO?
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Sure and thanks for your comment, but I couldn't help as I was too young and an amateur. But still thanks. Do read the second incident too.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I'm not sure that I'd go back to sleep, because I'd be concerned that my friend was having a seizure or something. I think you should have woken him up to be sure that he was okay. It's not always something paranormal, and if he had been suffering a seizure, he may have gone into cardiac arrest and died in his sleep.

Anyway, it almost sounds to me like he was astrally projecting. The only other thing I can say is that maybe a shadowperson was haunting him because of his dealings in black magic. I really can't say for certain.

Blessings,
DA
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
hmmm that's for sure. And thanks for your comment bro. I experience the same recently too but this time individually will post that one and see if it answers any of your questions.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Not sure what you saw but whatever it was it left an impression on you and Jack. It would be one thing for you to experience it but another for someone else who didn't know the situation to also see the same type of entity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: