You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Phantom Knocker Strikes Again

Real Ghost Stories

The Phantom Knocker Strikes Again

 

For this story to make sense I need to describe something to you so bear with me. In my room I sleep on my couch which is directly across from my doorway. I say doorway because I don't have a door, so keep that in mind.

I'm back again and this time it's got nothing to do with an Ouija Board. Anyways, a few years ago is when I started to experience things. So the first thing that I experienced (on my own) was knocking. I was in my room, asleep, and suddenly woke up around two in the morning. I looked at my clock and was like "Why in the world am I awake"? I was all confused. That's when I heard it. Someone knocked at my doorway. I looked and no one was there. I was still half asleep so I called out "Come in".

The coldest breeze I have ever felt swept over me. I live in New England so we've had some bad weather before, but this was awful. The weirdest part... It was summer! So anyways, I started to shiver so I called out "Hello"? At this point my mind is catching up with my surroundings so I started to think that it was my brother playing tricks on me. He lives right across the hall so it's possible that he knocked and then retreated into his room.

I went across the hall, fully intending to yell at him, and find him sound asleep. I was so confused. I stood there for a second, dumbfounded, before going back into my room. I get in there and the temperature had dropped at least 5 degrees. I was like "Whoa". Then I got scared because if it wasn't Tyler then was it really a ghost? After a while I figured that it had to be a ghost because it knocked on air so...!

Anyways the phantom knocker struck again this morning. It was 4:00 and I snapped awake. I was so mad because I have school today (I'm typing this during my computer class...shhhh).

Then I hear two sharp knocks at my doorway again and this time I said "You can't come in". I did not want my room to be any colder then it already is. The thing knocked again so I told it to go away. Then it gave me a heart attack because it knocked on my window, which is right next to my head. I almost fell off of my couch in fear, it was all I could do to stop myself from screaming. I was petrified.

Whatever it is really wanted to come in, but I said no again and I haven't heard a knock since. It was just weird that after a few years it just randomly comes back. Oh well it didn't do me any harm, thankfully unless you count making me grumpy from lack of sleep.

Other hauntings by AshleyHalliwell

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AshleyHalliwell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
I highly doubt that I did it considering that I was asleep right before it knocked. Anyways I haven't done research on my home, but I know that other people in my house have had experiances as well. I've done Ouija Board sessions, but I never got the ghost that knocks.

Anyways it doesn't knock that often. In fact this is the first time that I've heard it knock in a year. Again I don't think that it's me because the first time this happened I didn't even know about ghosts. I was only 10!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I wonder about this one too. It could possibly be your own energy but it seemed to interact with you, which is strange. Have you done any research on your home/the land? That might be able to explain if there are any spirits hanging out there.

If there are any, they don't sound bad in any way, just curious and lonely.

Blessings,
DA
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
All I would say is if you have not heard the knocking again, I would not worry. If it was an every night thing the yes.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Frankly I don't know if it was a ghost or are you the catalyst? Seems like teens attract or create this kind of phenomenon. It's up for debate who is the culprit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: