You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Lifetime Of Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

A Lifetime Of Experiences

 

Since I have had so many experiences with the paranormal, I decided to just combine all of them into one post. Happy (or should I say Haunted?) reading!

My first experience with a ghost or energy of some kind happened was when I was ten years old. My Mother and I lived on my Grandfathers land, which is out in the country near Ballantine, Montana. I should mention that there was an old homestead of some kind that burnt down on that land a very long time ago and also an Indian burial ground nearby.

I walked into my room and as I stepped through the door, a small toy that I had sitting on my shelf was suddenly thrown across the room with such force that it dented my wall my toy broke. Needless to say, I slept with my Mom that night. Ever since then, I have been sensitive to paranormal activity. While living with my Mother through the age of 18, I had knives fly off tables, doors slam, cupboards open; doors open while I was taking showers, and various other events.

When I was 12 years old, I moved into the biggest room in our house after my sister moved out. One night, I awoke not being able to breathe. Something or someone was choking me and I had a tremendous pressure on my neck. Immediately I sat up and could breathe again. When I switched on the light, I found finger marks on my neck, but no evidence of anything that could've possibly done it to me.

Another event included what I believe to be a spirit trying to communicate with me through sound. When I was 16 years old, I had a stereo in my room just like every other typical teenager. One night, I awoke to the sound of my speaker humming in weird rhythmic electronic sounds, almost sounding like some type of language. I listened very closely but could not make out the words. I tried turning the stereo on and off, but the same sound still prevailed. Even unplugging the stereo would not work. Finally, after about a week of these sounds, I unplugged the speaker and pulled out the wire, expecting it to stop. Unfortunately, the sound did not stop and continued to emit from the speaker even though there was no electronic flow what-so-ever. I never could make out the words that were being spoken to me, but they eventually stopped after about 2 weeks.

Again, when I was 16 years old, I had a very terrifying event happen to me. One night, I dreamt that the Devil kidnapped me and a couple of my friends. He hung us on a wall by chains and just before I woke up, he stuck his fiery hand to my chest and singed it. When I awoke, I had a bright red handprint on my chest that burned. When I tried to take a shower, the water only irritated it and made it even more red and puffy. It didn't go away for 2 days, and to this day, I'm still terrified of having that dream again. I do have evidence of this. I took a picture of the handprint after I woke up, but unfortunately, I don't know how to post it into a story. If you would like to see the picture, please ask and I will e-mail it to you.

About six months before I moved out of my Mother's house, more strange things started to happen. We have an unfinished basement at my Mom's house, so obviously there are tools lying around downstairs for finishing it up. I woke up twice in the middle of the night to the sound of shovels and other tools being dragged along the floor downstairs. At the time, I was too afraid to go down there to see what was making the entire racket, but in the morning I looked. When I went downstairs, all the tools were out of place. Shovels were scattered about, buckets of nails tipped over, and various other tools were in different spots then where we had left them. Remember, I lived in the country, so there was no chance of an intruder coming in to cause the mess.

At 18 (my age now) I moved out of my Mom's house and into a different house with my fiancé. This house is very old and used to belong to his, my fiancé's, grandparents until his grandfather died of cancer IN the house. I started having paranormal experiences almost as soon as I moved in. The oven timer will go off at random times when neither my fiancé nor I have touched it. This has happened many times. Also, we have come home to our bathtub water running and the fan in the living room on when we both knew it was off. The experiences in this house keep getting more frequent and stronger as time passes.

Four nights ago, I had my first sighting of a "shadow figure" in my house. It was about 11 o'clock at night and my fiancé was on his way home from work. I was lying in bed with my cat, Puss, and just about ready to doze off into dreamland. Suddenly, I felt my cat jerk her head up like something scared her and I popped my eyes open to what she was looking at. Coming out of my closet, I saw a shadow man, about 5'6" by my estimation. The apparition only lasted about 2 seconds before he disappeared, but it has haunted me for the last couple days and now I won't go to sleep unless my fiancé is home.

I thought all of this couldn't get any more creepier. However, for the past 2 nights, my fiancé and I have been waking up to doors creaking in our house. The weird part? Our house is so old that the only door in the entire house is the one to the outside. We don't even have a bedroom door. None of our cabinet doors squeak and our floors have never creaked either. I don't know where this noise is coming from but after it happens, I see a black shadow figure. It's not in the shape of a human but rather a black blob of darkness that appears somewhere on the ceiling. I've witnessed it twice now.

I don't know why I am so sensitive to these kinds of things. It's getting worse and I am 4 months pregnant with my first child. I can only hope that I don't pass the same kind of psyche off to my little one. But that seems to be what always happens in my family.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brianna_Beauty413, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DoUKnow (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Hi, very interesting! Not uncommon but very real. I can offer some help, I've had experiences too. I don't know how often you are here... But respond back to post and I can offer email to correspond my situations... I wished there was a way to send private messages through this site, I'm leery of giving my email addy online.
punky_fool (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
hey, did you watch paranormal activity? Maybe it's the same thing? I'm not tryna scare you but look it up. It sounds somewhat similar to the girl in paranormal activity.
Eufaula20092011 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
That all sounds creepy especially the dream about the devil.
ShaneBenjamin (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Hey, Sorry I forgot to put my email, Shane_Benjamin17 [at] yahoo.com, thanks
ShaneBenjamin (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
hey, sounds like it wasn't fun dealing with all that, can you send me a picture of that handprint? That's just weird how something could do that!
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
An old house where the floors don't squeak...ok. BTW I assume you have at least two doors that lead into the house yes? Any plants or trees that rub up against the house?
Scotch (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Hey there, interesting events in your life. We are surrounded by spirits all the time only some occasions we see them and feel them other times we go without acknowledging them and them to us. If you are scared in your home I suggest that you have it blessed or prayed over... Depending on your belief... This can put both you and the spirits at rest. Giving you a sense of peace esp. During your pregnancy. Best of Luck and many blessings!
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
heyya your story is like clubbing all the stories of yourghoststories iam satisfied by your story and since you are new go with similar titles and find the comments there
Nothing more can I say beacuse iam
SCARY BOY 😆and most of them are briefing their small incident you are well understandable person and made the burden of YGS quite less will you post us again? Reply me
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Hey this is some serious problem. I have read humpty number of facts on apparitions and paranormal experiences and have something that would help you.
A poltergeist is a noisy ghost trying to seek attention making noises, throwing things and turning on and off electronic devices, it wants attention and is trying to make you a medium or else trying to communicate to you. Please seek for help, the sooner the better. If your spiritual it would help a little and try not to be alone.
You could come to me for any doubt or help regarding this...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
"I had knives fly off tables, doors slam, cupboards open; doors open while I was taking showers, and various other events."- Did your mother witness any of this or just you?

The hand-print/finger marks on your body did you show anyone those?

If your fiancé's grandfather lived in that home and died there, I'd say most likely he is still there.
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
hey there! Your story is very interesting...
I can't really give you any answers on anything, I'm just curious about the handprint on your chest! Will you please email it to me? Izanne.ilj [at] gmail.com...
And congrats on your pregnancy! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: