You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Boogeyman

Real Ghost Stories

Boogeyman

 

This happened to me and my little cousin a few years back. I was babysitting for my aunt and I had just put my cousin to sleep. I turned around and began walking down the hall into the living room. I had just sat down when I heard my cousin screaming. I stood up and walked into the room where she was sleeping. I saw her, crying. I asked her why she was crying. She said what I thought was the boogeyman. "There's no boogeyman", I said, "just go to sleep". I left and twenty minutes later, this happened again. I went in the room and saw her crying. Then, I heard the crash. From inside the closet. My aunt's closet door began rattling. It was a big walking closet with a door and everything. The handle began turning back and forth and the door finally opened a crack. I picked up my cousin and we ran into my older cousin's room. I never told my aunt what happened. Even if I wanted to tell her, I don't know if I would. And since then they have moved and now live in New Mexico.

Has this happened to anyone else babysitting? I know a babysitting job is the perfect setting for something completely terrifying to happen and I was wondering if this happened to anyone else. Oh by the way, my little cousin is now 8 and I told her about what had happened and she thinks I was trying to scare her. She doesn't remember it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

aprilskutt45 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-07)
Closets are creepy and they're an open portal just like mirrors are open portals for entities to go in and out of. The boogie man (like all entities) does exist and for some reason a lot of adults like to use these entities in stories to scare the 💩 (crap) out of children who are misbehaving. If you want to check out stories about the boogie man on the internet, there's thousands of stories of him from around the world. I've had experiences with the boogie man myself. There are certain oils, holy water, salt and incense that can be used to keep him away. There's also talismans and amulets that you can wear, keep under your pillow, place under the bed or hang in the closet to keep him out. I grew up in a haunted house, so I've seen every kind of spirit, demon, etc that you can imagine. I'm also a good witch and have a lot of knowledge of the occult and spirits. I knew a girl who said that she had a few experiences with the boogie man and that one day when her mother and her were cleaning out her closet they noticed a symbol that was carved into the closet floor. She said that after that her mother believed her and they moved out of the house soon after. So, if you are having problems with a spirit or something sprinkle salt and holy water around your home, around your bed on the floor and around in the closet. If they look it up in my Book of shadows that I keep my formulas, spells and oil recipes in I'll post some of the oils and rituals on here for warding off spirits. I always keep this stuff on hand. I only work with the good spirits and saints. I love this website though. I read the stories on here all the time.
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Soundofwhite I know which one you are talking about. It was on fact or fiction before and was listed as fact. Perhaps we can find the episode I will look that up now and see if I can find it.
91mmturbo (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Wow...I thought this site was to inform and help people who are genuinely looking for it. Not to bash others and demoralize this site! Ok, well, the boogeyman people is real. In every nation and culture there is a creature that is meant to scare children into going to sleep and being good. But, this creature is factual. He does prey on the fear of children and adults who feared him as kids. The closet for a long, long time is said to be a portal into other worlds, not just the black and white we see everyday. There is a real world out there and there are evil things that hate us because were are made in the image of God. So please, don't make fun of or be ugly to kids or adults on here because of their fear. Don't take my word for it, research it yourself, and May God Bless You while you sleep.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
tracefleeman: What's up with the copy/paste comments?...
Max31959 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Well...Not to be the Bearer of Bad News, but this doesn't seem to be the "Boogeyman" (If it's anything at all, no offense) first you have to think about the natural things that could have caused it, in the closet is there AC? Or a small window? Have you checked it for rat, mice, or pests of that nature? And you are positive nobody you knew was in there? Next time, calling the police would be a good idea! A burgler, or a robber etc. And then there is the...supernatural...have you considered how old your house is? Check it's history to see if anything has happened in the closet or kitchen. A spirit or ghost maybe? Has it happened since?
Mysterious555 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Hi you guys y'all want to hear something freaky... Well I haven't seen the "Boggeyman" yet but I see something even more freaky I see a girl with bushy hair no eyes and her skin is like rotten she's all dressed in black and lurcs around everynight and there's a small closet behind my bed and that place gets really dark when I turn off the light in my room and when I'm in bed I feel this really strong presence also in my kitchen at night it gets really scary... Ok that's my storie and how do you know how the brain of this "boggeyman" works
You sick dawg well comment about this
soundofwhite (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
where is this story about the boy going in the closet and vanishing? I looked it up but couldn't find anything
suicidejester (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
there is a old show called somthing like fact or fiction. In the show you get to guess if it was true or false after watching it. Once was a incident about the boogieman and a scared kid's older brother dissapering in a closet. The little brother was always scared of the closet because of noises and late night creeking of the door opening. The older brother would pick on him about it and so did his friends. They came in his room to taunt him about it and tried to force him in it, but he quickly said to his older brother if your so brave why don't you do it. The brother agreed and went in shutting the door. The kid screemed horrid for about five seconds and then he shrilled let me out like as if he was dying. The kids opened the door and he wasn't there. This is a real event, it was also on unsolved mysteries and it was in the paper. They tore the house apart to find a body, look it up.
Macman144 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
omg I had to go into my closet to check if anything was in there when I read this 😭
1.it was smart of you not to go in the closet
2.Piro that's a really weird story
3.NEVER EVER GET A WALK IN CLOSET THERE FRIGHTENING! 😜
Piro (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Legend fortells the boogey man to apear to one person at a time.

A few years back my freind went into the closet to ease his little brother's fear of the boogey and as soon as he closed the door he started screaming, and when his mom opened the door he was gone. Police said he ran away. 😭 😭 😭
hyperboy (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
hi I am sean boogy man like the grass man is a cryptid, cryptids are misunderstoud I am only 13 but know a lot and the boogy man is easy to get rid of him all you do is simple rise up against him I am a 13 year old child but I know if you forget about him your screwed he will not rest he is evil and if you ever get bit by him he will come back over and over and over again until he gets you. 😐 😐 😐
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
As for you Rick, are you one of critics friends? Are you so insecure with yourself that all you can do is talk about people you will never ever meets lives? Please don't be as pathetic as critic is. What do you do or have done that contributes to society in any way? What makes you so special that you feel the need to criticize other peoples lives? And no I haven't ever taken meth. You can't do that stuff and work for a living, thanks.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
actually critic, he is 26. And your lack of intelligence and respect doesn't represent your age. I feel that all you have done thus far is waste space that other people could be using. Keep your negative comments to yourself. You are not impressing anyone here. You have dug yourself a pretty deep hole. Why must you insist on digging it deeper? Keep in mind critic that some of the people on here are kids. And for a 24 year old man to get on a kids website and talk like you have is sad. You should know better. START ACTING YOUR AGE PLEASE.

Athena, I didn't mean to feel isolated to that remark and react in such a way. I was just pretty mad that critic was making such idiotic comments to a seemingly nice person. And you were right, I am pretty sensitive to other peoples feelings. You know me pretty well for someone I have never met. Am I that easy to read? LOL!
Harry (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
hi...i am one of critics friends and I would like to let you know that he has a short term memory thing so he cannot really remember things. I am being honest and I would also like you to know that he has forgoten that he has written aything so he says that he is truly sorry andi hope you can understand and I am sorry for anything else that he has said to affend u.
Critic (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Well you know what? Crabby people like you must have a husband that is the same way and by the way I am 24 just so you know. Plus the guy that probalby did you was probably like 60 or sumthin. And about the story I think the parents were in the closet...
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Brittany, It was not my intention to make you feel that I was pointing my finger at you. If I were, I would speak or write specifically and directly to you. That is who I am. Instead, I was making a blanket statement to all here and those who will read my comment later.

Your response shows that you are a sensitive, observing person who cares about yourself and others. Despite what you say about yourself about not being a nice person. Frankly, your response shows me you are, and I feel you are. Your tough demeanor is your surface armor, you are actually a very sensitive person who has been through a lot for her age and has had to learn to roll with the punches and protect herself the best way you know how. All my best to you on your journey, as you are on the right path.

Thank You Brittany for your presence here, your comments and your nice response.

Blessings, Athena
brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Athena, I agree completely, but I could not just sit back and allow critic to go off about stuff he knows nothing about. He was being rude and vulgar to someone who asked him to follow the rules. I was just trying to back them up. I know I didn't do it in the nicest way, but sometimes it takes a little rudeness to counteact rudeness. I will try to watch myself from here on out. Sorry if my words offended.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Hello Everyone, This is but my opinion, but are you all having fun at other people's expense? May I say that from my own experience it will come back to you at your expense, perhaps not now, but give it time. Everything works out in time as it should be. So remember when you are backed in a corner, by yourself, alone, afraid, worried, in grief, hurt, in pain, sick, ill, sad, with no hope, no job, no money, no food, no roof over your head, and in your darkest hour of your soul than perhaps you will realize that you will have regrets about how you treated those around you. I do not mean that these negative situations are the end result, but I am saying you create your reality and you have the right to choose how you will react in any given life situation. What are the lessons you are learning from this situation? Step back and see the whole picture, and look in the mirror at your own reflection. Many times it is not about the other person, the other person you cannot change,...it is about you and your reaction. You have the free choice to choose who you are, live the way you believe by example and to not only help others, but yourself at the same time. We are all connected, even with those we dislike or disagree. Some of your best lessons are learned from those who are opposite or polar to us. So be kind, and step back and if you are hurting, don't take it out on others, ask... Ask for those around you who love you to help you... You are never alone.

Please refer to the guidelines of this website and I know each one of you has it within you to share your gifts here with patience, tolerance and respect for one another.

Blessings to all who come here and peace to those who choose to keep it. Athena
brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
First off I am married. No viginity here and secondly I work for a living and don't take drugs. You are the one with the mental illness apparently. The sad thing is that you have showed your lack of intelligance to everyone who has read this and still don't have a clue. And for the record, I am not a nice person at all. I just have enough respect for people to keep my mouth shut.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Hey everyone. Critic is suffereing from what I like to call little man sendrome. Apparently this guy has nothing better to do but be mean to a bunch of young kids. How old are you critic. 6? 7? They ain't even dropped yet. You need to back off and chill a little bit. There is no need to get vulgar on here. Besides, this site is to tell personal stories, not have people try to debunk them. THANKS BUNCHES!
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Critic do you not feel that you are being a bit nasty? This site is not meant to demean others, love god and love others, simple rules no?
believer (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
i think it really creepy, this happened to my friend and he was found out cold with a bite mark on his leg, next to a open closet
cat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
i'm a girl at the ange of 12 and I have been expereincing things like that going on in my closet
i stopped sleeping in my room
i sleep in the living room on the couch
how (if you did) did you get rid of "him"
orphans (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
yes this happened
there was no one in the closet
my aunt had no other kids at the time
both her and her husband were gone
cristal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
This seems really fake to me who was in the closet? Are you sure this really happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: