You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: St Columba's Tree Cutter

Real Ghost Stories

St Columba's Tree Cutter

 

Before St Columba's was a school it was a seminary where priests would train. It was small and there were roughly 100 students attending. Every morning it would be the same routine same classes the only thing that would change was chores and those were simple enough except for the task of cleaning the windows, as this was back before safety ropes. But no one was ever known of dying from falling.

Everything was perfect until one night when some of the students heard wood cutting in the bush but it wasn't just the students even the priests heard it. The next morning as they went out into the bush they saw a tree cut down but no evidence a person had been there.

This continued for many nights until one night one of the priests got some of the students to go down to the bush to see who was doing this. When they reached the spot where the sound was coming from there was nothing there, no running sound just a half cut tree.

The next night they tried again but this time they all spread out in a tight circle around the sound and closed in but as soon as they came to the place the chopping stopped and all that was there was a half cut tree.

Since this happened many supernatural experiences have happened one that made the Nun Principal never sleep there again. I will try to write these down.

NOTE that I have heard this from an ex trainee priest who now teaches at the school.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gigi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mountainsboy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
The school in question has quite a history, I was a student there for 4 years, heard many of the stories and due to teenage dares, I experienced quite a lot my self, especially in a block of buildings (the B block) that were there in the early nineties but have since been pulled down.

The bell tower in which it is said that a priest fell to his death was also quite a scare, I still have memories of sneaking up there.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Cool story, it is very freaky AND weird how no one is there, because they can't cut a tree down in that amount of time can they?

Princess123 x ❤
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
HM...maybe you should find out more about the history of the place? And maybe it would bring you some answers
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
It would be one thing to hear the chopping noise and find no tree cut down (this could be residual haunting noise) but to find a tree cut each time is really strange. I can't imagine what would be causing it if not a human source. I have read where a rancher would find his horses manes' intricately braided during the night in a locked barn. If I recall correctly he even stayed up a whole night to see if anyone was getting into the barn or if lights would come on but nothing out of the ordinary happened but he still found the horses manes braided the next morning. Guess there is more to this world than meets the eye.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Weird, and I sense something odd in it, can you post the other experiences so that we would know what exactly happened there and what is the reason for all these.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: