You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Pearl

Real Ghost Stories

Pearl

 

My story is of about a woman named Pearl who haunted one of our old houses. It wasn't until we moved a couple of months later that we learned the woman had died there. We were glad we had an explanation of the hauntings.

It started when I was ten or eleven. We moved to a house in Zena. A small area outside of Grove, Oklahoma. The house was deep in a forest. It was located on a hill and was painted an orangish red and there was an exact replica house next to it painted blue. Trailers circled around it at the bottom of the hill.

The first instance wasn't until a couple of weeks after we moved in. My sister had a little Carousel which was rusted and broken and didn't have batteries. One night it started spinning, and playing a song that wasn't even the song it was supposed to play.

Two nights later when I was trying to sleep on the couch, my dad walked into the kitchen to get a drink. He got a cup, and was fixing to turn the faucet on when he heard cups clinking together and knocking over. He opened the cabinet expecting to see a mouse, instead saw the cups neatly aligned and nothing moved. He checked all the cabinets and didn't see a mouse. The strange thing was even though I saw him go into the kitchen, I didn't hear anything. (The kitchen is basically part of the living room only a counter separates the two rooms)

The hauntings seemed to escalade. Nothing more happened until three nights later. When it was eight o'clock in the morning and I was just beginning to wake-up. I heard the sound of a motor but I didn't register what it was until later when my dad ran outside with my mom in tow yelling at my uncle Jim (who was also living with us) that someone was stealing the truck. I sprang up and sat on the couch while everybody else ran outside only to come back in five minutes later saying that the truck started by itself, no one hot wired it and the keys were in my parent's bedroom. It was then that my parents realized something was going on.

My personal experience was when I was in the bathroom and no one was in the house. I heard my mom call my name, but she had already gone to work, so I walked into the hall and I saw no one. I even called my mom's name and there was no answer so I walked back into the bathroom. Once again it calls my name and I ignored it. It called my name again I still ignored it. Finally I guess it got so mad it threw one of the bathtub knobs (they had broken off earlier and were sitting on the side of the tube) at the small window. I was shocked and just ran out.

I didn't tell my parents because even I still didn't believe it. Before we moved whatever it was almost locked me in the dark garage and called out my uncle's name and just plain freaked us out. After we moved my mom learned the previous renter had only one experience and not as severe as ours. Then the renter told her the owner's wife had died in the abandoned house next to ours... Her name was Pearl.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, megan14_3luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
vampiress
I don't live in that house anymore
And thanks for commenting!
Vampiress (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
i certainly agree with rhodes. Pearl sure did seem to be lively! And if stuff like that keeps happening no matter where you move, then maybe you should buy a new house, with no prior dead owners
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
thank you rhodes 68... I didn't know moderators could post comments and I apperiate it... Yeah she must of been a heck of a women
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Hi Megan and thank you for sharing a very iteresting story with us! I'm sure the time you lived in that house has had a strong impact on you as far as your belief in the afterlife is concerned.

I have to assume that Pearl was guite a character when she was alive and remained so even after death. She certainly didn't like to be ignored 😊. I'm also assuming that she isn't really trapped but freely chooses to pay regular visits to her beloved household, getting on with the daily chores and taking the tractor for some work on the fields... Seriously "a heck of a woman"!
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Hi celtcharm
No it just had a regular old set of keys, thnxs for asking and for reading. My mom has a new car and it has a remote, so I'll keep that in mind.
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Hi Megan, I live in OKlahoma too. That was a great experience, thanks for shareing. I was just wondering if your dad's truck has a remote control start? Mine does and it sometimes sarted up if a plane went over or if my husband had the remote in his pocket. My husband had to deactivate it. I know the rest of your experiences have no explanation other than paranormal. I enjoyed reading your post. Peace, Celtcharm
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
Yeah and we moved twice since then but I keep having experiences mostly just my name being called but it still freaks me out. In the house I'm living in right now someone else died there to!
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
Hi, Megan,

That is a really freaky story!
At least you now know what it was haunting your house!
I don't know who is haunting mine!

Princess123 x ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: