You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Possessive Entity

Real Ghost Stories

The Possessive Entity

 

A few months ago (November) I was viciously attacked by an entity which I've posted already on YGS (The Night Strangler). Since that night nothing of such prominence has happened in our house that would warrant extreme worry. I've been wearing a medallion as some users on YGS have suggested, so that may have helped to prevent any extremities, however we've yet to get our house smudged or anything (this is only because of some disagreement between what's really happening between my family and thus a disagreement on how to handle the situation).

Recently activity has been picking up in our house. At first it started off as keys and other small knick knacks disappearing and reappearing in the bottom of our bedroom drawers or in the back of our medicine cabinet. Then some of the glass inside our locked China cabinet shattered in the middle of the night. Now things have become much most disturbing:

On January 20, I was in our basement on the computer browsing to waste time, as I usually do. My grandma was at her bible study group, but my mom was home upstairs, an important note that helps me to believe that what I'm experiencing is indeed paranormal and not just figments of my overactive imagination. At first I felt a small breeze blowing against my neck, but we have a crack in our basement window (which is conveniently located behind me) so I decided it was just a breeze blowing in through the crack and paid no attention. Then I felt a sharp poking sensation at the bottom of my back, one strong enough to cause an ache. I mindlessly swatted at the spot thinking it was my cats trying to be playful. Only a few seconds later did I hear the *thud* *thud* *thud* across the floor upstairs signifying they were both upstairs getting into another fight.

This is where things become unexplainable on my part:

The computer screen flickered for a split second (our computer is fairly new, bought only a year ago) before the image suddenly became distorted. I tried all the oldies but goldies (crtl-alt-delete, alt-F4, ect.) but to no avail my computer was stuck like that. So I tried to reboot it, but as I tried to push the button in I received a sharp smack across my arm and the cool breeze was blown into my face forcefully (it could barely be called a breeze).

In a whisper, I heard what I think was "Get Out," but I could barely make out the words because the voice was so quiet. Needless to say I bolted up stairs, and as I reached our kitchen to tell my mom she already looked frightened. She asked me if I was playing tricks on her but I answered no. She had heard a voice whispering "Get Out" and had also been pestered the same way I had (with the poking and breezes).

A few side notes: my mom and I have thought of things that may be helpful: I personally feel that this is the same entity that attacked me in November. It had the same aura of malevolence. We both feel that it is male. The focus of its attention has been around me and guests (my stuff tends to be the things that go missing and appear in the bottom of my mother's dresser or in her purse or in the bathroom medicine cabinet. All of which are things I rarely ever have reason to go to if ever, and guests tend to feel tentative in our house and leave the moment their business with us is finished though neither my dad or grandma feel tentative or any malevolence (and they're the two with the most faith in religion which could possibly have some attribute to that reason).

I have a few questions for anyone who may be reading this story. First: Any ideas on what this entity may be?

Second: Why the words get out? My family and I are both fairly certain that no one died in this house, and research shows that before the house was built (1970s) there was a cornfield where no reported homicides were ever recorded. Our neighbors have said that nothing unusual has happened in their residencies (if this ghost was being possessive of the land than wouldn't it be wandering all of the land and not just our house? I don't think that if the being was haunting the land that it wouldn't be attracted to our stressful situation because our situation is just as bad or better than some of the others on our street).

I really don't know what's going on, but if someone has experienced anything similar or might have a clue as to why the being is here at our house than by all means share it with me.

Other hauntings by DPez

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DPez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Zorforler: Thanks for your offer, but I've moved to Alabama since this incident 😉. Fortunately, on visits to my parents house (where this occurred) I haven't encountered the entity since. My mom and I have finally decided that we were being targeted because of the stressful environment we were living in (my mom and I had difficulty getting along, especially that year). My mother hasn't reported anything paranormal (besides the slight bumps in the night).
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
Where are you in Iowa cause I live in Iowa and I could help you if you need it and is this thing still bugging you all?
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
MissHill: That could be possible. My family does get a lot of stuff. But then, why would the entity want to take over our house (assuming that the entity is attached to an object that it valued in life)? I don't know, but thanks for that idea.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Might not be the land or the house, it could also be an object, something much loved or well used that connects spirits, and they move with the object
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
We checked both the kitchen and basement, but I thought you meant that the EMFs could've messed with the computer screen which is why it appeared distorted. That's why I said that nothing appeared out of the ordinary (sorry if there was some confusion in what I wrote).

However, we still haven't got the mold results back yet so there's still that possibility.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
I am sorry, you tested ONLY the computer? ALL electrical devises, to the best of my knowledge, give off EMF's. Did you not check that direct line (as in the illustration I asked in the first comment) for differences in the EMF's?
There HAS to be SOME reason for that particular spot (not the computer, that space in the house) giving the sensations that it is. That DIRECT line that your mother and you BOTH experienced a simultaneous breeze AND poke should be tested. Was it not?
Thank you.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
whitebuffalo: my dad ran the electrical test (after giving me raised eyebrows) and concluded that the computer is not in an EMF that is above normal. According to him there's always a slight EMF...

We called in a mold inspector and he's concluded that our house is officially mold free (yay) but he hasn't gotten back to us yet on what type of mold was in our house. So as soon as we get that information I'll tell you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
I am just wondering...
Have you run a few tests? And what have you found out?
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
I would seriously burn some lavender Lavender incense has a relaxing effect on the body, releasing stress. It is very calming and it would be a start to ridding any unwanted negativity.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Surya: I missed your second comment earlier.
I'll admit our family is still worrying. I'm about to go off to college but we still need to pay for damages done to our house, and my mom still has yet to find another job (plus the stress of going up to Minnesota and driving all the way back down Iowa).

Personally, I'm not so stressed as I was in November. However, I can attest that my parents have more than their share on their plates to worry about.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
whitebuffalo: thank you for all that information... Whew
That was quite a bit. I'm thankful you are quite knowledgable 😊
As for the mold: we've removed most of it with our carpet (we took the carpets out right after the flooding). Right now we're just trying to get the small bits that were stuck in the corners of the walls and under furniture. However, we'll have to check out the EMFs (thankfully my dad is an electrician so no money sent 😊)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Oh yeah, check out Medline Plus about the mold. That is where I got MOST of my information...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Sorry, I missed one of your statements.
Electric and magnetic fields (Electro magnetic fields, EMFs) are areas of energy that surround electrical devices. Power lines, electrical wiring, and appliances produce EMFs. Some people worry about EMF exposure and cancer. Exposure from power lines and electric blankets show little evidence of a link to cancer. BUT there HAS been evidence that seems to prove that it CAN disrupt brain waves, causing issues.
Http://tuberose.com/Electromagnetic_Fields.html Is a GREAT informative link.
SOME believe that if there is a disturbance, or a fluctuation in the field, there MAY be a life impaired being present. HIGH force fields can cause physical stresses, even give off a "humming". I have known people who had a strong sensitivity to EMF's and they actually became physically ill, see shadows, hear low frequency sounding voices.
MICROWAVES give off EMF's. Cell phones, electric can openers... Just about EVERYTHING.

There are some pretty INexpensive devises out there that you can pick up at the local plumbing or straight up hardware stores, that can read the ranges for you. AND the device's instructions WILL tell you what numbers are "too high". If YOURS are, I would have an electrician in to see what can get insulated better.

In that THIS was a multi-level simultaneous experience, I am leaning HEAVILY on the Natural causes side of the line.
Thank you
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Alrighty people, here it comes: My warning labels...
Check the mold. See if you or your mother have a sensitivity to it. Mold (or rather, breathing it in) can cause quite a few problems. Respiratory OR otherwise. Some mold can produce allergens, irritants and in some cases, potentially toxic chemical substances known as mycotoxins.
People who are sensitive to and exposed to mycotoxins can become ill. Molds MAKE toxins called mycotoxins (and mildew) that can do the same damage to our health as any chemical such as formaldehyde, toluene, natural gas or trichloethylene. They can even initiate cancers, cause chemical sensitivity and just about any symptom you can think of ranging from high blood pressure to depression.
Not only do molds trigger typical organs such as nose, chest or skin with allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, asthma, rashes, hives and eczema, but the brain can also be the target organ.
Mold can be a primary cause of depression, obsessive compulsion, panic attacks, schizophrenia, tourettes syndrome, tics, migraine, headaches, or inability to concentrate. It can cause one to see movements out of the corner of the eye and create "taps" or feelings of being "touched" (Uh, Poked?).
IF at all possible, I would TRY to get a sample to a lab. If NOT, do more than just bleach the mold out. The spores of the mold goes airborne, and even though it may look as if the mold is GONE, parts may still remain.
Just a thought.
Thank you.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Surya: it's a St. Christopher protection medallion my dad gave to me when I was younger. I also have now put a dream catcher in my room and haven't experienced anything since that night.

Whitebuffalo: yes, you're correct. There is a slight mold problem in our basement, but that is due to the flood. The rest of our house is intact (no holes in the walls). I can say this with confidence because we got our house checked out after the flood by some contractors to see if there was any other possible damage that may need to be fixed. The only issue they found was the mold problem in our basement.

I don't really understand what you mean by high electo magnetic fields.

As for the power of suggestion, I'll admit when I'm not sure of what happened 😉
So you're free to suggest what you wish. I'm sure you have more experience than I do in such matters.

Will: I've done most of those things already, but thanks for the many suggestions 😊
Will_B_1975 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
-Curses and demons have to have a root to take hold in.
-Make sure you are 'clean'
-Forgive anyone you have a grudge or anger against.
-I would renounce and apologize for any and all cult experiences you may have had.
(ouja boards, or tarot cards, ect)
-I would also investigate the house, and land for similar artifacts.
(looking for recently added things first)
-Even strange patterns on your clothes, or a weird blanket
-Maybe a book, or a movie?
-Check your computer for files you may have on it, as the computer fell victim to attack.
-Once you have done your very best to rid your house of any cursed thing, and you have forgiven anyone you have a grudge against, you can begin praying.
-Simply ask God for help. Be persistant.
-Eventually He will either stop the attacks, or will lead you to finding the exact cause of the problem.
-Do not give up, until it is completely resolved.
-Once it is resolved, show some gratitude, thank Him.

I was attacked in my sleep by a demon about 3 years ago. It literally almost killed me. A cold black darkness, choking the life out of my heart. When I asked for help, it came out of my mouth like an exorcism. My wife also suffered from nightmares, both problems were solved by sincere prayer for help.

I learnt a lesson from the whole thing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Curious how you should say something about the power of suggestion.
I wrote it out, then deleted it, thinking it to sound as if I was telling you that was what happened.

Soooo...
Let me see if I got this right. If I were to take a HUGE chainsaw and cut a straight line down your home, so that you and your Mother were standing right on the edge of the cut... The BREEZE and the POKES happened in a DIRECT line, but vertical direction, instead of horizontal?
A DIRECT line?
Have you checked for high electo magnetic fields? Have you checked for cracks in the walls, followed pipes to see if they lead to the same area, looked for mold or mildew (that is NOT a cut down. Some VERY clean places have mold hidden in the walls) or even LEAD paint?
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
DPez,
Firstly if I may ask, What is the medallion you are wearing?

Is there still a lot of stress in the family, are you worrying about anything?

Cleansing / smudging I would get done asap. I would also recomment burning some incense. Sandalwood pure, tyr to get hold of some pure red tibetan rolled incense. Burn it in every room. Whilst putting a stick on in each room, reclaim your space, your home.

I would also recommend a dream catcher in your room place it near the window as well as crystals, raw minerals, tumblestones.

If the nights are restless, burn some lavender or a member from the lavender family. Bring calm and clarity aiding in a peaceful sleep.

Keep us posted.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Again god be with you.
My theroy is
A. I will stick with a demon, He is going off your stress get help with that you need it see comment night strnagler.

B.Your house is on an indian burial site and an indian is upset.

C. You said no one died in your house your sources could be wrong but someone may have died in your house and he/she is in thinks its his/her house.
😭
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
whitebuffalo: thank you for the suggestion. I'm not entirely sure that this is a spirit or ghost either which is why I tried to refrain from using that phrase throughout my story (I'm not sure if I succeeded though).

My mom told me what she experienced before I had the chance to tell her about what had just happened to me. She was upstairs directly above where I was at (our computer room is right below the kitchen sink). I'll admit it's through the power of suggestion that I think what the ghost said to me was the words "Get out" because I could barely make out what was said. My mom was the one who originally said that those were the words she heard. It was deinitely two syllables though.

The poking and breeze occurred at the same time in two separate rooms though they were one on top of the other. My mom couldn't explain either the breeze or the poking (or the words for that matter). I hope this helps clearify some things.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
An interesting thought here.
I am not sure WHY it is, but the words "Get Out" seem almost "common". I will be honest. I have NO CLUE why that is. I would THINK that there be Spirits that would RATHER company, and NOT to send everyone away.
But <shrug> I am not a ghost, so Who knows?
I am SO tempted to read through a few of the comments, but I will abstain until after I have completed mine. I may end up smacking myself in the forehead, but, what you going to do, right?
The breezes are interesting. YOU found the source of YOUR breeze. Did your Mother? Did she tell you of the breeze BEFORE you told her that you experienced it too?
How about the physicality of the being?
(Notice, please, that I did not say ghost or spirit, I said Being. The reason is that I would have no idea if this could be a Spirit or a Ghost just by what was written. It is my opinion that ghosts are human life forces that have not Crossed Over due to any number of reasons. They have a "one way" ticket. It is my further opinion that Spirits are those life impaired persons who HAVE Crossed Over and are stopping in to visit. For whatever reason. THEY have a "round trip" ticket.)
Who told WHOM about the poking first? Was the LOCATION of the pokes the same?
A close friend of mine suggested something that I have been "spreading around" for quite some time. (Hiya FRAWIN) It works to get negativity out of your spaces. All you need is a Clean bowl (cleansed), a handful of soil, a pinch of sea salt and a few drops of PURE water (you can USE Holy water, though it is NOT necessary. If purchasing the water in a store, it will SAY "pure" on the label) Stir it all up and place it high up on a shelf. TRY to forget about it. That seems to have the ability to get rid of negativity.
I would say a blowing, poking ghost is negative. I am not completely certain, though.
Thank you.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
rhodes: Thank you for all that information. I going to have to agree with you in thinking that this spirit did attach itself to me during my stressful low point but I will continue the research just in case. I won't hesitate to ask anyone for help either, but I think I'll try giving that article a read through first.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
DPez thank you for replying and for the info you provided us with.

I have to say that although doing some research as you did about the surrounding land may be useful, it will not always provide you with the answers you wish. I know that as I've been there for two long years, "digging around" and bugging people with my constant questioning.

I see that no major tragedy had taken place as the Natives informed you and there are no records of any major past events that might explain the incidents at home. I need to point out though, that "no major tragedy IS required" to have an energy invading your space. Keep in mind that whoever told you to "get out" might very well be someone who had accidentally visited once and found a good reason to stick around after that one visit. What I'm saying is that spirits do not necessarily get attached to constuctions and the land before they begin to haunt those who reside there. It could be the other way round!

This one might very well have become attached to you because of what you have admitted yourself-you are going through a stressful time in your life and has then made himself at home a little too much for your own comfort.

Stress can create the "ideal stage" for any energy to gain more power and manifest and sometimes the stronger it is, the more territorial it becomes.

If this one is unwilling to cross over which I think IS the case, your home has probably become his own "territory"-and he might be willing to keep it that way as it provides him with a sense of connection and belonging to a world he is unwilling to let go of.

What I'd suggest is that you keep up with your research just in case he IS related to the land but at the same time try to protect yourself and your space.

Visit the article section of the site and read about smudging and cleansing your space. Whitebuffalo and Surya, two well respected members of our site, can also help you with further instructions as to the ritual and try to CLAIM back your space. This is YOUR home, not his and no matter what connection he has formed with it, he needs to be on his way. The energy does NOT belong in this realm and it might be appropriate to set the boundaries now before things progress.

Do not hesitate to ask for help when it comes to the two ladies I mentioned before-they have helped a lot of people and will be more than willing to help you too.

Keep posting.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
DPez one other thing about your issue. Maybe someone is buried on your land that no one knows about.
In this day and age, peope are killing people all the time. Some get caught others dont. If there are ghosts I suppose an event like that would make any spirt surley and not enjoyable to be around.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Yes I still am working there. Whats great about this story is that I do not believe in ghosts. Still things have happened in my life I can't explain.
The "get out" thing? I have heard many people on tv shows and forums like this one say they hear these exact words. The saying has even made its way into Horror movies. I do not get it. Say there really is a spirt that wants a person or persons to "get out". Why and for how long? If they can say something why not, "I don't like you, get out." "You are standing on my foot, get out." Funny but you get the idea.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Rhodes: as for my research I was going through the library records for anything about tragedy in the area (A lot of the record holdings were destroyed in the flood though). My mom also asked the realtors who sold us the house when it was built and she said 1973 (around the time Rockwell became an economic boom in our city). I also went to the Indian Nature center to ask if there may have been burial grounds or a tragedy of some sort in the area, but they replied they had no knowledge of any well-known tragedies in the area, only speculations on what could have been perceived as the "tragedy" I was looking for. They also said the burial grounds were mostly in the north and had been left untouch. Because we live on flat fertile soil is was most likely used for farming.

That's about the extent of my research on the land.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
rhodes: that's very true (about spirits not only attaching themselves to land). I think what happened was it attached itself to our family during an extremely stressful situation and has since resided in our home. I'm still looking at other possibilities. There was a rumor going around our school (I live about 3 blocks away from my school) that someone was murdered in the area but I'm sure that was just a ghost story to spook freshmen.

Byluster: it's possible that it could've been indian burial grounds but all the ones I know of are further north. The land I live on (according to Indian Nature Center) was used for hunting grounds or farming. However that doesn't strike out the possibility that something might have happened on it anyways.

WolfReal: spooky. I suppose spirits can be somewhat indirect about what they want. Are you still working in that office complex?
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
I was on a conference call one day at work. The line had a lot of static on it. Everyone was asking if they should hang up and call back but they chose not to and stayed on the line. As we were waiting for the rest of the callers to dial in, I was listening to the static along with other people and heard "Get out". I thought at first someone was playing around and then thought it was funny because of how much like the movies it was. But it did not sound like anyone on the line, it sounded like it was part of the static itself. This was a business environment and when I asked everyone else on the line if they heard anything odd, everyone said no. I never heard it again. So my question, if it was a "spirt" and considering its relative position in things... (that being part of the conference call with many people called in from across the nation) who of us was supposed to "get out" and where exactly were we supposed to get out from? The room? The building? Where? I mean seriously, if sprits are telling us to get out of things, they need to be a bit more specific as to where they want us to go.:)

True story btw.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
The fact that your mother heard it say GET OUT, as well, suggests that whatever it is could be growing more agitated by the day. This is not a good thing. Maybe there was an old cemetery on the ground years ago or Indians may have used the ground as a burial site. I think you need to do more research about the area. This warning should not be taken lightly.

With prayers, 😐
Byluyster
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Can you be a little more specific as to the findings of your research concerning the history of the area?

Please remember that just because certain things were not recorded, it doesn't mean they never happened. I come from a city deep in history and one might think that everything about its past is all over the books but the truth is far from that.

Even more, do remember that energies do not get attached to the land only, they get attached to people as well and more specifically to those they can connect somehow (those who sense them).

Finally, how about going through your household belongings to see if you possess something old-a furniture, an ornament- anything that could be carrying a different type of history other than the one related to your family?

Keep us posted.

Thank you

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: