You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Black Magic

Real Ghost Stories

Black Magic

 

As mentioned in my earlier story, I do believe in the other side of life. This story is about black magic/Voodoo. This actually happened to my mom.

In 2007, one morning in March my mom woke up as usual around 6 am and got about her work. She finished brushing her teeth and was coming out of the bathroom when she slipped and fell. It was not a dangerous fall or anything major. But since she did fall she screamed. Me and my sister came running down our rooms which are upstairs. My dad had gone for his morning walk as usual, so we came down to find her on the floor near the bathroom door. We panicked, and tried to help her up but she was unable to get up at all. I asked what happened and she said she slipped, and that it was not a big deal but now she is not able to get up. So with a lot of difficulty my sister and me picked her up and laid her down on the bed. It looked like she was still in shock or something because she could not believe that a fall like that would make her unable to walk.

We made sure she was comfortable, and waited for my dad. Once my dad got home we called the Ortho (Doc) and asked him to visit us at home as my mom was now complaining about pain in her hip. The Ortho came, checked and did not seem to understand but suggested a scan. So the next day we took her to the hospital; and got all the scanning done. Meanwhile she was on painkillers until the report came out. Ortho informed us that there was no visible damage or reason for the pain that she was undergoing. By now it was weeks since the fall, and my mom was getting very worried.

I will de track from this story a bit to give some information on the events in February which has relevance to this situation. My mom has a cousin who stays in a nearby town, she is not someone we all like and she is not very good at heart mainly because the family is into the dark sides of the supernatural world. I mean this lady believes in black magic and stuff like that. We are not on great terms with the family but yes we used to invite them over if there was a function or family event. One weekend in Feb she arrived at our house with her son and daughter in law. She said she wanted my dad to help her son get a job in the city. My parents are really nice people, they believe if we can do something good and if it's in our limits let's try. So my dad told her he would try. She arrived at our house like an abnormal, but since she was here with her family we let them stay that weekend. All the three of them stayed in a guest room upstairs for the weekend. They all left on Sunday evening and we all forgot about the visit.

Coming back to my main story, so at this point my sister and me started to wonder if that lady had probably done something. We went upstairs and started to just check the whole room they had stayed in. We pulled everything out and started to search for anything that did not belong there. After looking through the whole room we found nothing, at this point the caretaker of our house (he is a distant relative but was helping us during my mom's illness) came upstairs and suggested we also go through the cabinets above the wardrobe where we store a lot of useless stuff. I climbed up on a chair and opened the first cabinet which was empty and there was pretty much nothing except dust and few crumpled pieces of paper and waste. Then I saw something, there was a piece of wood, about 3" long and ½ inch in width. It was rolled in with a piece of black cloth and there were some strands of hair and a paper put in with it. I freaked out as it seemed weird. I asked the caretaker to sweep the whole thing on to a dustpan.

When he got it down, we saw a ball of my mom's hair (she has curly long hair unlike my sister and me who have straight and short hair) and a piece of her petticoat wound up on to the wood. Also the piece of paper had dates starting from the day my mom fell until April 12th. The dates were random, I did not understand on calculations of the dates marked, but it seemed like her falling ill and getting worse would all end with something bad on April 12th. We went outside and burned the whole thing. My sister was in the house and she said she sensed a strong smell of hair being burnt after we came back. All of this was very disturbing; we told our dad when he got home.

We turned to a priest, who is a great friend of my dad. We told him about the situation and he said we did a good thing by burning it outside the house. He came over and blessed the house one day after we had told him.

My mom got better and completely recovered in about a month. We did not mention any of this to her until one day. And she took the news amazingly well. She also mentioned that during those days she had had sensed very big levels of fear and always felt like someone was there even when none of us were around. Luckily we were able to get past the experience and today we hardly ever think of it.

That lady is no more welcome to our house and we have completely cut her and her family out of our lives.

Other hauntings by logan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, logan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghost2002 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
well done for the bravery and intelligence you have by taking an inspection in the place they all stayed 😐 😲
ana_thomas (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Ok... So I couldn't read the whole story as I am unable to know what have you written after you found something in that place... Its like the first page and well how do we Go to the next page? Well pretty lame question but since I got no one to help me through it so kindly suggest me how do I get the full storyt... Where is the link fot next page?
Hades666 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Just read your story, and I must say it was very creepy. My family talk about things like that all the time but I didn't know it could get serious. It was good to know that your mother recovered from such an ordeal. Trust me I know what it feels like when a loved ones life hangs in the balance. 😁
Riteshthakur (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
hmm I trust you bhai. Aisi cheeze hoti hai... Mere frnd bhi wishwas nai karte. But I do believe. And aise hi likhte raho yar
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
it was, like you said, a form of black magic. A witch gathers the essence of that person, hair, nail clippings, clothing, ect. (blood would be the best.)

After these things are gathered, the wood block is infused with the items by chanting incantations. This can go on for only a few minutes or longer, depending on how powerful the caster wants it... Dates are then decided for when the curse will take place and when it will end.

Cursing someone is considered rude to respectable witches, who believe that whatever we send out, we recieve back three fold.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Hey Zander,

Sorry that it took me this long to writ back. I had completely forgot to check for comments and I saw your now. Well my family is from the South of India, but I agree with you on the peacock hair. May be that lady felt that my mom was too proud since we were better off in life than her. Its all so weird... I cna only be thankful and greatful to god that all ended well.

Regards,
Logan
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Excellent story. I'm so glad to hear that your family and your Mum overcame the ordeal with flying colors.

We once had a house guest who placed a similar nefarious talisman in our home in a kitchen cabinet. The fellow was a con man from Cuba, originally, pretending to need a place to park his RV which my kind hearted family saw no harm in obliging. Yet another house guest from Texas who was staying with us shortly after that time and happened to be there when we found the object. He took it outside and smashed it. Texas is a neighboring state to Louisiana and many natives of the state, particularly East Texas from whence he hailed, have a basic understanding and respect for Voodoo and the like.

In thinking about the details of the cursing object which you found, two things come to mind. The dates may have represented moon phases, if I had to guess. Also, a peacock feather is symbolic of hubris or pride. In the Southern US the older people will not allow a peacock feather in the house due to its association with pride and all that "going before a fall" business associated with pride and the like.

Is your family of East Indian heritage? That might call for a different take upon the objects but, amazingly, I find many parallels in magical symbolism across cultures.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Ah I know what it was, not quite a voodoo doll. It was a smi-doll, I think this is what these are called. They are not as powerful as a voodoo doll. If you burnt a voodoo doll, then it would just be like burning that person. I know much about the dark arts and different things. If you need to ask me anything, e-mail me at dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
nightangel (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
God...this is practically what happened to me 😲, like your mom, I was completely and inexplicably sick, had to go to an ortho too...

This stuff does exist, then...
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Very interesting story! I enjoyed this very much and like to read about things like that.

Still, I am not sure if vodoo truly works. From the little I have read, it seems that the victim must believe in it for the whole thing to have any effect.

Please know that I am just being skeptical on the subject and have heard and read many stories that I completely believe (one being a girl putting a love spell on the brother of a friend of mine in Miami... No matter how he felt, he would do ANYTHING for her and it ruined his life in the end).

Anyway, thanks for letting us read this and I hope to hear more on this subject soon!
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Hey Guys,

One more thing that I had totally forgotten about was that the whole "Hex Bag" had one more elemnet in it. It had a single strand of a pecock feather... So weird!
This has completely slipped my mind... Except now my sister read the story and mentioned that I had not written about the peacock feather. I don't know how significate it was but it sure was a part of the whole thing.
unkown12 (10 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
wow your story is frightening I never new black magic could affect someone like that so bad I always used to think its in the head like if you believe it can hurt you then it most likely will but if you don't then it won't have no affect on you. Thanks for posting!
bigragu42 (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
good going. Desroying that hex bag was a good move and the best thing you could have done

God bless
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Your welcome. Anything else do not heistate to ask. What we are here for. 😉
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Thanks a lot Surya & Sakura, that was good information atleats for me...:)
Sakura (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
This is from my understanding from the paranormal show's I've watched, but:
A hex bag is a nasty little bag that a witch leaves in a victims house.
It always contains: Something of the victim's belongings, in this case, a piece of her petticoat, and a hair, a tooth, or something physical of the victim.
Sometimes it contains baby bones, or animal bones, and blood.

Depending on what kind of hex bag it is, the witch may or may not conduct a ritual from her house (or a safe place) to start the curse.
In this case, the dates were controlling the curse, so I don't thing the witch needed to start the curse with any sort of ritual.
It's a good thing you found it and destroyed it. If you hadn't, your mom's condition would have definitely deteriorated.

Again, I might have some parts of this wrong, so sorry if I do, I don't really know much about the "magic" aspect of ghost stories.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Hi logan, the commetn was for scaryboy not you. Hexes are magical spells that may Involve spoken, written, or chanted words; symbolic enactments; candle burning; ritual baths; burning ofincense; sprinkling of powders, salts, or dusts; and/or the Manufacture and deployment of charms, amulets, or talismans.

The purposes of spells are varied. They include "drawing" or wish-fulfillment in regard to love, money, and good fortune;
Apotropaic, "banishing" or "drive-away" spells for ridding oneself of unwanted influences; "jinxing," "crossing," or
"cursing" spells to bring bad luck or harm to nother, "binding" spells to keep someone's magic from affecting You or others, and "summoning" spells to call up spirits,ghosts, or even demons.

Hope that helps.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Sakura,

Do tell me more about Hex bags, never heard on that before.

Surya,

I agree with you on that. Whatever little knowledge I have of the topic, definately suggests it doesn't have to be always to do with lemons, blood, chants...etc. That is probably how its been exagerrated and portrayed in the movies and stuff.
Sakura (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
[at] Scaryboy-
Black Magic, as the others below me have pointed out, does not neccessarily require lemons dipped in blood.

It appears that in this story, there was a hex bag that was causing strife for the family.
Hex bags ARE black magic.
And pretty nasty too, if you ask me.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
scaryboy, I think you are the one who knows little or nothing about black majik. It is not all about cutting lemons and using bones or using blood. It does not require any mantras, chanting loudly. Go do some homework on black majik. Black majik does not involve puja either it is a RITUAL!
nehajust1 (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
satangirl666
You are right on your view. But in india voodu known as black magic in general language.
Scaryboy you are right that the blackmagic required the loud chants and blood sipped lemon etc. But I like to tell you what is in the movie Phoonk you had seen bones and sindoor etc. If anyone done a blackmagic he/she must have to warn you through indicates you by placing such things within your reach. Its just a part of process. Blackmagic required chants and mantra while you do that to a person. So may be her aunt just done that before her visit and on the day of accident. In blackmagic you simply need something used by the victim like any cloth, mud or dust,victim's hair etc.
Neha
Blessing and love
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
do you think black magic is got this much itself to do upon! It has more require ments like bones, half cut lemon sipped in blood, and some pujas need to be done. They will yell and chant mantras very loudly. Did you here any thing like that! Probably some one might have made you this is black magic. This is not. As you are indian did you see "phoonk" film which exactly resembled your story. Major difference is it is done to a school girl there but here to your mom,
Take care
Scary boy
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
boo, I'm in the north west province, little town called Lichtenburg... I'll get myself that book, it sounds quite interesting!
And don't worry about your english, mine is just as bad! 😆
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Thanks all for your opinion and comments. I do not know much about back magic... But since that lady has had a history with things like this its the most obvious conclusion I could think of. Plus as I told you she is not a very nice person, has never given up a chance to make my mom feel that my mom is so better off than her and like that is a sin. Guess she is jealous of my mom since we are well to do and she is not. My parents on many instances have been nothing but helpful, yet she managed to taunt my mom in every given opportunity.

I agree my mom's inability to walk could be because of the fall, but how do we explain her recovery? She, according to the Ortho had absolutely no problems with her bones or the muscles. Even if it was a bad cramp or a muscle catch or a nerve that got dislocated, would it make my mom immobile? Trust me, my sister and me have had to carry her to the bathroom every time for almost a month.

I do seriously want to believe that it was nothing but a bad fall. Somehow the things we went through isn't throwing the logic that way. I do believe in giving the situation benifit of the doubt...:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Black Magic/White Magic these are 'modern' terms for how 'witchcraft' can be used.

There is 'Power'/'Energy'/ 'The Force' (lol)...call it what you will. It is netural until 'used'. It's the 'how' it is used that makes it 'good' (white) or 'bad (black).

I believe in 'Heavenly Father'. He created all things and through all things the 'energy' of 'creation' flows. This 'energy' came from 'The Creator'. But enough about that. The Point is there is 'energy' out there that is in all living things and that living beings can 'tap' into.

That said here is a bit about VooDoo...

"Vodun or Vudun (pronounced [vodṹ] - that is, with a nasal on a high tone) (so spelled in the Fon language of Benin and the Ewe language of Togo and Ghana; also spelled Vodon, Vodoun, Voudou, etc.) is a traditional Polytheistic organized religion of coastal West Africa, from Nigeria to Ghana. It is distinct from the unorganised traditional animistic religions in the interiors of these same countries, as well as from various religions with often similar names of the African Diaspora in the New World, such as Haitian Vodou, the similar Vudu of the Dominican Republic, Candomblé Jejé in Brazil (which uses the term Vodum), Louisiana Voodoo, and Santería in Cuba, which are syncretized with Christianity and the traditional religions of the Kongo people of Congo and Angola.

The word vodún is the Gbe (Fon-Ewe) word for spirit. When the word is capitalized, Vodun, it denotes the religion. When it is not, vodun, it denotes the spirits that are central to the religion. "Voodoo" is the most common pronunciation amongst English speakers. Vodun is practised by the Ewe, Kabye, Mina, Fon, and (under a different name) the Yoruba peoples of southeastern Ghana, southern and central Togo, southern and central Benin, and southwestern Nigeria.

Vodun cosmology centers around the vodun, spirits and other elements of divine essence which govern the Earth. Vodun is essentially monotheistic: There is a single divine Creator, called variously Mawu or Nana Buluku, which embodies a dual cosmogenic principle, and of which Mawu, the moon, and Lisa, the sun, are female and male aspects, respectively. (Mawu and Lisa are often portrayed as the twin children of the Creator.) There are a hierarchy of lesser creations, the vodun, which range in power from major deities governing the forces of nature and human society to the spirits of individual streams, trees, and rocks, the more impressive of which may be considered sacred. God does not trifle with the mundane, so the vodun are the centre of religious life. (It is often believed that it is these aspects of the religion, similar in many ways to the Trinity and the intercession of saints and angels, which made Vodun so compatible with Christianity, especially Catholicism, in the New World, and produced such strongly syncretistic religions as Haitian Vodou.) " from Wikipedia (not always 100% correct but great for quick reference.)

So Satansgirl666 you are correct in what you are saying. Those that pratice this religion acknowledge that there are 'spirits'/'energies' call them what you will, that roam 'between realms' if you will and it's not a 'black magic/white magic' sort of thing it's based more on the intentions of the user.

Sorry for the length, but I found it a point worth making.

Respectfully,

Rook
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
I don't know if this was natural or supernatural, but "Voodoo" is not another word for black magick. Voodoo is a popular faith in places like Africa and in many places in America. Most of what they do is no more harmful then any other faith, but they do recognize a darker supernatural world/path.

They refer to it as Hoodoo (not 100 percent sure on spelling) and it is forbidden in their faith.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
So if I understand this correctly...

She showed up one week-end, asked your Father to help her son find a job, stayed for the week-end and while there she 'cast' an evil spell upon your Mother for no apparent reason?

Or did she ask for help, then show up after a period of time and no job was forth coming? Then while staying in your home 'cast' the spell... Just trying to get a feel for the timeing of the events.

Though whitebuffalo is correct, your Mothers injuries could have been compleatly natural. (and the slip as well) and the rest of this mearly strange circumstances.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vampiress (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
i don't really know anything about voodoo or black magic but that story is definately goin on my favorites. 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
It IS possible that a "simple" slip and fall COULD make it difficult to walk. Medically speaking, I have SEEN people who have just "bumped" their leg, fallen and were temporarily paralyzed as a result. NOTHING permanent, but definitely could not walk. Really, all that happens is that a nerve, tendon, ligament, SOMETHING gets "pinched" and the machinery of the leg can not straighten it out.
Therefore: unable to walk.
Now, I see you are in India, and your "form" of Black magic over there may be a bit different than what I am familiar with, BUT...
Unrelated;
The other day I was going through a few of the boxes in my closet. I came across my daughters first rattle. I was so thrilled, I about started to cry. So as I was sitting on the floor remembering what an angel she USED to be (she IS a teenager now
😉) I was flipping it over (It is the type that has one leather strap on either side with a bead tied to the ends to "bang" the drum when spun) and playing when I discovered a tear in the "drum". IN the drum was a hair clipping. A very RED curly mass of hair.
My DAUGHTER did not have red hair as a child. NONE of the children did. My HUSBAND has dark brown almost black hair. AND... No one's hair is curly.
I got to thinking about the beauty parlor (do not ask, I have NO clue) and all the hair on the floor there. I seem to recall that hair CURLS after it has been cut and LEFT to dry WHEREVER.
**Just thought I would point that out to you.*

Unfortunately, just with what was written here, I would not really think this to be the work of Black Magic. The "signs" ARE there, but I really do think them to be mere coincidence...
Always a good thing to Bless your House. Always.
Thank you.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
I am now bussy reading a book, the books name is Ghosts of south africa, from what area are you, they give nice stories of almost every part in south africa... Mabe some of it can relate to that house? You can buy the book at CNA R100. 00 it give a little too much history and explaining why it can be haunted at some places. I would rather write in english here, so that our vriends can understand us, but please my english is very bad. 😆

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: