You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Black Figure, And Hovering Orb

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Figure, And Hovering Orb

 

I moved into this apartment a little over a year ago and every since day one I have felt that something has been watching me. I have felt it hovering over me when lying in my bed to the point where I would jump up, and switched the light on.

It wasn't until last summer that I had a friend stay over, and without her even knowing she said to me... "I feel like something is watching us". After that I knew I wasn't crazy. Not to mention that I had seen this black orb thing sometimes along with the creepy someone's watching feeling. Even my partner has seen this black figure standing by my bed watching over us while we slept. Lets just say that night we didn't sleep in my room.

Also this black orb thing seems to be attracted to me some how. It is always seen hovering over me while I sleep. I'm not a negative person, nor do I have bad thoughts so I don't understand why it's attracted to me. Believe me I'm not inviting it, not one bit! The thing is it only comes around maybe a couple nights every month.

The other night my partner said that it was hovering over me again and then there was this loud noise on my dresser top which woke me up. I wasn't one to ever really believe in all the super natural stuff until I moved here.

I'm just curious as to what these things are. I've heard of Belial, or something like that, but I don't really believe that it would be him. Plus the black orb thing? What is it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maria30, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
If you say its not electrical, then so it is, and I will never think you are crazy I can't say what it can be but I am sure someone here can give some advice.
Good luck.
maria30 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
SANDRA 2/03/09 I'm Maria's mom & I know this story is true because I'm there when they wake me up & tell me they've seen this thing again & are scared & crying & refuse to sleep in the bedroom. We live in an apt. So the electrical explanation is not the reason because we live on the bottom floor. Can anyone help us? All my family thinks we're crazy.
VulpesVulpes (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Well I might be jumping to conclusions here, as there are no doubt many possible explanations for the above events, both Paranormal and all too normal as well, but my first instinct upon reading of your experience was to reminisce on some of my encounters with the particular class of paranormal entity known as either shadowers or shadow people, a dark, threatening and quietly observant being which has a growing body of circumstantial evidence to back up it's existence.

The black orb is the most intriguing part of your story, as I have also come across these when dealing with shadow people in the past, and the two do indeed seem to go together in certain cases. My advice is to do a search for information about them online, and compare it to your recollections of the event. If it is a shadow person, you can relax a little, for while their presence is unnerving, there is very little evidence of them ever attacking anyone directly, and they tend to move on after a while, almost as if they have gotten bored with the person they are viewing.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
I can understand why you would be scared, but I know from my own experiences that feeling fear pulls in negativity. Confidence in yourself and being rational tend to deter such beings from bothering you. Also, black doesn't always mean negative, it just means no light penetrates that area for some reason. Spirits manifest in different ways, I had one that was a light smokey gray and he was not nice let me tell you! 😠 I think that further investigation would be necessary, maybe check out the history of the house and surrounding area. You never know, it may just be curious about you.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Ok, I don't know what it is, but try this, how many electrical cables run through your roof? If possible find that out, and find out if the cables is conected somewhere opposite your bed (in the roof) or is there something close to you that use a lot of electricity? The reason is that electricity can sometimes give a high energy level and it can have some effects on you like, scared, feel sick, see things, skin irretations. Dont get me wrong I do believe you but that can also be the cause. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: