You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House My Mother Grew Up In 3

Real Ghost Stories

The House My Mother Grew Up In 3

 

As you may have read in my previous stories, there were some strange happenings in our old house. Apart from that, Mom and I had very weird dreams when her bed was standing on a certain spot in the room (I slept in her room when I didn't have friends over, I was too scared to sleep in my room alone!)

I'm not sure if it's related to the house, but my mom had this recurring dream about a little boy with fine blonde hair and blue eyes on a little black bike, but he didn't ride the bike on the floor, it was as if he rode it on an invisible rollercoaster in her room, and then disappeared through the ceiling. A few years later, when my son was about 2 years old, I thought about that boy she dreamt of, and I realized that the boy she described looked exactly like my son! (I was 14 when my mom dreamt about that boy, my son wasn't even a twinkle in my eye then!)

Here is a description of the house, before I get to my story. We had two front doors, one leading straight to the living room, and the other one (which we used the most) opened right into the long hallway. Then, there were 3 hallways, the long one started at the front door, then you passed two bedrooms on either side of you (blue room on the left, Mom's room on the right), then there was my bedroom on the left and one arch going to the living room on the right. If you walked two steps further, the long hallway had a "dead end" and you had to turn to your right, where you then passed the kitchen on your left and another arch into the living room on your right hand side. (The piano the previous owners/renters left there stood against the wall on the left, right next to the kitchen entrance and across the arch) At the end of hallway 2, you had to turn left to go down hallway 3, where the bathrooms were on your right if you walked down there. The back door was on the far end of the kitchen.

I got home from school one Wednesday afternoon, about 2pm. When I opened the front door leading into hallway 1, I walked straight to my room, left my suitcase there, went back out the front door, LOCKED the door (we were obsessed with locking the doors and making sure the windows were shut, we had a break in once- in another house), then I went to my mom's work, which was a block away. We got home at 6pm, but as my mom opened the front door (the one I gone through 4 hours earlier), she started yelling at me about not being funny. Confused, I asked her what she was talking about, and she just pointed down the hallway.

When I looked at what she was pointing at, I stood frozen I was as cold as ice. There were bloody handprints all over the wall on the right hand side. As if someone's hands were full of blood and he pressed against the wall for support as he walked down the hall. It started right past Mom's bedroom door, down the hall and into the first arch in the left side of the arch there were long finger marks, as if the person tried to hold on to the wall, but someone else pulled him away. It ended on the same spot where my mom heard the bang (My first story refers).

As I walked closer to the wall, I could smell the iron in the blood, and when I rubbed some of the blood off the wall, it came off easily. My mom refused to go into the house she stayed outside on the porch! But the thing that bothers me is those handprints were the size of a 2 or 3 year old kid. We even called my friend Lizmi over to match her hands against the marks on the wall she was the person with the smallest hands, but even her hands were much bigger. And the handprints were just a little above knee-height.

We called a few people over to help us figure out what the hell it was because no-one could get in the house when we weren't there; everything was still locked when I checked. Everyone suggested that we left the house for the night, just in case something worse would happen.

Some people said that maybe the cat dragged a bird or something in, but:-

1) Those were definite handprints, not just marks

2) The cat couldn't get in, all the windows were closed.

Other hauntings by _Izanne_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _Izanne_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ishkabibble (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Whoa... That is so freaky! I think that what ever is haunting your house isn't just one spirit. With the boot footsteps, that was probably a really big man. The little kid handprints, must be a reenaction of the kid's death- it must have been murdered, like it had been injured and abused, and it was walking through the hall, using the wall for support, like you said. When it reached the living room door, it was forced off the arch, but escaped. It ran into the living room, and maybe the crash was a gunshot. Infact, there could be more to the story-maybe the murderer is the footsteps you hear- after he murdered the child, he committed suicide-he hung himself in the corner of your bedroom. I don't know, just a guess... But anyway, I hope that all of these spirits don't mean any harm to you, your friends, your mother, or anyone that steps into your house. But you should definetely do some research on the house, if the blood turns up again, even get it tested, and/or try to make contact with the spirits. Hope it gets better! ❤ ❤ Itzy 😊
melony_san (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
maybe the ghost is trying to show how he died...idk...like, the boy was trying to get away from someone and he was badly injured... Maybe the bang was something that killed him. 😜
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
hey ghostlover!
Thank you so much for the comments!

My mom died 2 months before she turned 41...
By that time my son was 22 months old 😊
At least she had time to see her first granchild!
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
That is really really scary. Your scariest story by far.

Maybe it was a little boy/girl in your house, and they were murdered when they died and it was their hands trying to stand up, or trying to walk, but needed support.

I am definatly not sure about this one.

Have you talked to the previous owners of the house to see if anything like this has been going on there when they lived there?
Make sure that you definatly look into the history of your house and see if someone died there or on the grounds there.

It may have been a premonition of what will happen to your son. 😕 I really do hope not, though. That would be horrible.

Most of the time, I learned, that if you dream or think about someone dieing then that mainly just means that you hope that they live for a long, long time... So that doesn't mean anything -for now. I had a spirit threaten me and say that he was going to kill me... And I had a vision that I was dead, another person had a vision that I was dead... And two other friends had a dream that I died. (all 4 of us are psychic)

If I were you, I would check out the Chat Room and tell everyone about your problems, because you can get a lot of help there. And, also, they give you a lot of advice and it is really really helpful. 😊

Sorry about your moms loss, too. That is really sad. 😢 How old was she? -if you don't mind me asking-

Great stories, all 3 going into my favorites and YOU are definatly going to my favorite posters. I really did enjoy these stories that you shared with yourghoststories.com and I would love to hear more from you.
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
no problem! 😊
Thanks for the comments anyway, it does help me a lot! I've been thinking about things I never thought about before...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
ZaneBrain/_Izanne_,

I ask because even very active hauntings use 'all natural ingredients' if you will. If it was a red mud, then you have a spirit just making it's presence know. If it really was blood, then, perhaps, it is a more sinister spirit or even a very sad and dreadful residual haunting. (this from the size of the handprints.)

I fully believe this story, I'm just trying to help figure out what the hand prints were and where they may have came from. Thanks.

Respectfully,

Rook
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
there was no red soil anywhere near the house, I'm 200% sure. And there was grass all around the house...
And like zanebrain said, no-one could get in...
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
This comment is mostly for Rookdygin, but good story! I think Rookdygin has a good point, except the idea is that no one got in. (And why would a ghost use mud to prove its there. Blood is scarier and matches the personality of a ghost.) 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
I see you are in South Africa, is there any chance that the hand prints were 'mud'? I've never been to South Africa, so I guess what I am asking is this... Is the soil near this house a mixture of top soil and 'red clay'. I ask because here in Texas the soil base is a red clay and when it gets wet it can look like 'blood' at times. I have a... (wow he's ten today) ten year old and one day after it rained he came home covered in mud and I had to make sure he wasn't bleeding because of how it looked on him. The red clay does have an 'iron' like smell to it because of the high iron content in the soil, it's what makes it red. Just a thought, Perhaps the spirit was just trying to communicate and let you know it was there.

Respectfully,

Garret
thygreatspirit (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Oh please, keep an eye on your son!
That spirit may want to harm your son, please, tell your son NOT to play with the little boy in the house!
If it happens again then call the police, they might be able to identify the handprints.
If it continues after that, then I suggest you call in some paranormal investigators!
Good luck,
Rhiannon.
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
the blood was still wet, and we had to clean the walls ourselves. As far as I know, the house was built in the early 1900's. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures, and we didn't think about calling the police at that time... And we moved out 2 weeks after this incident.
Tonith, that crossed my mind too, a few months ago. I know this sounds weird, but since about a year ago, I had these weird thoughts about my son dying cross my mind. When I talked to my dad about it, he said it's just because I'm afraid of losing someone close to me again, because my mom and I were so close. I really hope my dad is right! 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Unless the little boy spirit decided to make himself known by doing the handprints I don't know what could have caused it. You said the spirit looked like your son does now. Could this have been some sort of premonition about a future event with your own son? I hope not.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Very scary story! I'd be completely freaked out if I came home to that! I've not read you other stories so don't know about previous events, but I really wonder who (what) caused the handprints and why. Let us know if you find out more information and thanks for the story!
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
oh good lord this one frightened me,
I was actually wide-eyed at the blood bit, that must have been horrific! Sounds weird but did you think about calling the police, did you take any photos?
Take care
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
When you touched it, did it 'flake' off as if dry or was it 'wet' and smear? I do not mean to be gross or anything just trying to understand how 'easily' it came off the wall.

Another question, did you have to clean the walls or did the hand prints just go away on their own?

I've read the other stories about your home and want to ask... How old is the house? Your Mom grew up there, does she know the history of the house? And lastly, Do you still live there?

Thanks for the stories.

Respectfully,

Rook
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
I can't really remember, but I'm pretty sure it was blood...
I asked my friend who was there too, she said it was definitely blood 😕
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Wow that is one scary story! Its been a long time since I have done anything paranormal or visited this site so I'm a little "Rusty" I suppose you could say, So I have no theory of the blood on the walls. But I remember reading something, where poltergeists could produce a redish liquid, was it definitly real blood? Not just a strange liquid?
~ All the best carrotred 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: