You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My First Contact

Real Ghost Stories

My First Contact

 

My childhood home was built on a large farm that spanned 200 acres at one time. The farm itself is gone, but in its place lays the all-American suburb. Growing up there was a bit tough, everyone knows everyone else's business and no one keeps their mouths shut, but there were a few things outside of gossip that were pretty popular, my house being one of them.

I've known about Robert since I was 15. He was all about making his presence known in creative ways (see "My First Experience"), but none was as grand as the day my friends decided to hold a séance in my living room. Please hold all the Ouija-boards-are-bad speeches for the end. I am not advocating their use, however this one isn't a demon, I promise.

Brave as they were, they thought that during the day would be the best time, right after school when my parents weren't there and my cousin would be at my grandmother's so we didn't have to worry about scaring a child. We could just scare ourselves. There were six of us in all; one guy and five girls, and all were ready to see what my best friend and I were talking about. She was the only other witness to his mischief.

We set up the living room coffee table for the board. I went through the house and shut all doors and windows, as well as turned off all fans and lights. I was not about to have someone try to tell me "it's a fan doing that", I knew what was going on in my home. I think I even lit some incense to help soothe the tension in the room. The girls were all giggly and excited, enough that you could feel it.

Everyone finally relaxed and sat down around the table on the floor. The table was a rectangle shape, so some had to sit on their knees to reach. We all took a moment to clear our minds, and then we began.

As soon as we all had our hands on the eye we all felt a buzzing, like a light electrical current coming through it. I attributed it to static, and we just let it be. Then the eye started to move, slowly at first, then picking up a bit of speed.

Ed, the sole male in the room and older brother of one of the girls, decided to ask the first question. "Are you here of your own power?" The eye just kept swirling. I thought that was strange, so I repeated the question. The eye immediately went to yes. I looked at Ed, both of us kind of surprised that he got no response and I did. He asked if the spirit could spell out his or her name (I was not aware of his name at this point) and the eye kept swirling. I shook my head. "I would really appreciate it if you would be respectful of our house guests. I know you can hear us." and the eye immediately went to good bye. We all were a bit confused, so we decided to take a break.

Everyone headed out to the kitchen but Ed and I, we stayed back to discuss. All we could come up with was that he was either jealous or intimidated. Well, as soon as I said intimidated, the picture of me from the school year that was out in the hallway flew off the wall. Still I was not afraid. I remember I actually got angry with him. "I don't know what your problem is, but you really need to quit acting this way, this is not how you really are." Nothing. No sound, no response. All the while the girls were still in the kitchen chatting away about the upcoming prom. Ed and I were starting to put it together. It was me. I was the catalyst. I was the medium, the one he chose, the one he listened to, and no one else would do.

"So what now? I still don't know anything more than I did before you guys got here." I said quietly. Ed suggested I ask the spirit to cooperate politely yet sternly. Who knows, maybe it will work? So I did. Calmly, plainly, gave him the mommy tone and told him to behave. Not in those words, but you know what I mean. Then Ed went and rounded up the girls to give it another go.

This time things got interesting. Information flowed freely from the board, his name, who he was, why he was there, anything we asked he was quick to respond. We found out that he was not trapped, he could go from home to home, but he had to stay in the boundaries of the original farm, as he was a farm hand back in 1887 (if I remember correctly, that may not be the right year). That answered my question as to why he hadn't shown himself before that previous Christmas Eve. I was intrigued, as was everyone else, but before we knew it the garage door started to open, which told us my parents were home. We quickly ended the session, as Robert agreed, and everyone piled into the two cars parked out front and we went to the local diner to talk about everything we learned. As much as we did learn, I have to say, it made us eager to learn more. This would not be our last séance.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpiritMagnet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Does the Ouiji bord only contact the 'ghost' people that are in the home?
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Ashley, my parents still live there. They have their heads buried in the sand, so they haven't seen him. 😉
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Wow, yours is probably one of the very few 'good' ouija board stories out there. I've had a few good experiences and only one bad experience so I dislike the whole 'ouija-boards-are-evil' thing. Anyways I'm glad that he finally decided to co-operate. Do you know if the new owners of the house have heard or saw him?
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
And yes, Samantha, Robert was a really great guy. A good friend. Since leaving my childhood home, I really do miss having him around to keep an eye on me. However, I may have another "friend" keeping an eye on me. 😊
Blessed be
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
I appreciate your concern, PM, however I haven't touched a board since I was a teen. I don't need them anymore. 😊
Blessed be.
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Listen I may be to late but it doesn't matter. Before you mess with the board contact me at ouijacondom [at] hotmail.com please I'm an expert and I see red flags all over your story.
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Robert seems like a nice guy. I can't help wondering how old he was, how he died, and what he looked like. Hrm.

Fascinating stories, though. 😁 I really think you should write more!
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
I hear you on that one Vikki, I have had very few bad experiences with spirits/ghosts, so fear is not a factor with me.
Robert has always been a good friend and a guide throughout my life, Logan, so yes, he's a good egg. 😊
Being in my thirties now, I often wonder if I tried again how much more info I would get, however I don't feel the need to push my luck, Tonith, so no matter how badly I would like to know the answers to the questions you posed, I prefer ignorance on that subject. Some things, I feel, are better left unknown. Well, at least I would rather not know. 😊
As for your question, Rhodes, he claimed to not know why he could not leave the physical area. Whether or not that is true is unknown to me. I do know that he would "disappear" for days, sometimes weeks, then suddenly he would be there. No rhyme or reason, just gone, then reappear. I never asked him where he had been and he never offered up the info. Again, as much as I would like to ask questions to him now, I really feel that playing in that realm is not something I would take lightly, especially since I have no reason to be in my parents' home without them there. So I guess it is a "dead" issue, pardon the pun.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
It is not solely MY conviction that SPIRITS as opposed to GHOSTS can travel interdimensionally-they are NOT bound by either space or time.

Having died to the physical life and not remaining "entrapped" by an "old debt" that might hold them hostage to a particular "memory", they are believed to exist withOUT restrictions.

They CHOOSE who and when to visit, where to visit as they can choose the duration of their visit.

What I say not only comes from my own experience but from thousands of testimonies from numerous accounts. That of course cannot possibly be SCIENTIFICALLY evaluated or prove to withold a valid and sound argument so I'm asking you, "how did Robert justify or explain why his own visits came with such limitation?"

What do you mean "he had to stay in the boundaries of the original farm"? Why?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
I won't lecture about ouija boards. I don't think they are anything more than a reflection of our subconscious most of the time. If they are a source of communication with the unknown then the same could be said for automatic writing and table tapping. Seems today they are able to use electronic devices as well so the question is who is doing it? Us or them. Teens and kinetic energy go hand in hand and I wonder if this is why teens have no trouble making the boards work. Robert may not be trapped in any one household but obviously has limits as to where he can go. Just once I would love to hear about a spirit that is able to move in and out of this dimension with information about the other dimension. Outside of general responses about the afterlife we never get any kind of real information about the other side. Is it they don't know? Or they aren't allowed to tell?
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
I hope it has been this plesent always. Do post in more on this.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
Vikki (4 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
That's a really good story/experience:) It's nice to hear of a séance that hasn't ended in disaster.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: