You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Trance State, My Ex - Boyfriend And Steve

Real Ghost Stories

Trance State, My Ex - Boyfriend And Steve

 

I had mentioned in my previous post that I come from a religious family but I and my family are aware of other beings that may not be mentioned in the Book. I want to start off by saying I cast no judgment and I have absolutely zero negative feelings towards pagans, or witchcraft, Wicca, ect. I dabbled in the occult when I was in my teens a little bit and I acknowledge it is very real and not all evil. I am simply an agnostic and I am still searching for my truth I suppose.

In my last post I had mentioned a troubling dream I had involving an ex of mine (the one I have a restraining order on). When I was involved with him, I'll call him 'B', I was definitely not myself. B was an on and off again friend I had known for years but had never had any interest in him as a partner. Something had happened though; it was almost like a temporary insanity came over me. I hadn't seen B in over four years, he came to visit me (in my home) and I must say the years had not been kind to him... As awful as it may sound, I had a real repugnance for him as anything more than a friend. Oddly though, when I was in his home, I found myself drawn to him.

I'll give some background information on B, he did some hard drugs in his twenties and he has four kids (and can't hold down a job). He was from what I understood a devout pagan and could communicate with the dead. I am not a shallow girl in the sense that I judge a man by his looks, but I need intellectual stimulation in a partner. To be absolutely blunt, he had NOTHING to offer me or any confident and I am an intelligent woman. He was drinking buddy material and that's it!

I had stayed at his apartment along with a group of friends I knew from my hometown in Manchester and partied and caught up with everyone. Needless to say, I ended drinking a little too much and falling asleep. I woke up to B doing things to me that any decent man would ask permission to do first. Generally in that situation I would scream a strand of profanities and give my offender a good ax kick to the top of the head. It was like I was in a trance and I couldn't react or protest. This wasn't like sleep paralysis, I could move freely, but I didn't want to.

The rest of the time I was in Manchester, it was like I had completely shut down. This bastard was walking into the bathroom while I showered and I just felt like I couldn't do a thing about it.

Somehow B had me convinced we were in a relationship. At one point he told me he had to hear me say I loved him. I didn't love him at all, but I felt my mouth form the words without my permission. This madness went on for a month. What remained consistent was my repugnance for him whenever we where in Maine, and then being completely drawn to him when we were in NH. I felt completely detached, like I wasn't even control of my own body anymore. I drank heavily to disconnect even more.

One night there was a turn of events. B and I were up in the wee hours of the morning chain smoking and sharing a bottle of Jameson. I had mentioned B could supposedly communicate with the dead. We were in mid conversation when B's face went white and tears started spilling down his face. I asked what he saw (I could see nothing) and he mentioned a tall man with long black hair and a long black coat. At that moment, I felt like I was seeing things some what clearer.

Well, this strange entity that I could not see made more appearances. B called this being "Steve". Whenever B could supposedly see "Steve" he would tense up and cry like a little girl.

One particular night, I was trying to get as drunk as possible while B blabbed on about god-knows-what, when " Steve" came back. B started panicking and tried mouthing off to our guest. B then started gasping for air and his eyes were bulging out of his head. I looked at his neck and sure enough it was constricting as if an invisible hand was wrapped around it. I could tell B wasn't getting any air but I couldn't do anything about it. B then passed out! This ghost had choked him right out cold!

I snapped right back to my senses completely and couldn't believe where I was and who I was with. I went home the next day I told B whatever "thing" we had was over. I know this sounds like a case of dating a real loser and then regretting it, I assure you that is not the case. I cannot stress enough that every time I physically saw B on my 'turf' I was repulsed by him and I would tell myself that I would be sleeping in a separate room when I went to NH. It was only when I was on his 'turf' or when I couldn't physically see him (phone calls, emails) that I was drawn to him for reasons I couldn't explain

.

Other hauntings by Six

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Six, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bbsgurl1023 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
I agree with Lisamaxw on this one, I think B was useing or had used a spell on you and steve may have been a spirit who saw what was going on and was trying to protect you. Did steve ever feel threatening to you? Anyway I'm glad you are out of that situation and taking the proper precautions to keep B away from you. People who do drugs and drink too much can attract negative spirits and demons because thier lower mental state when they are under the influence makes them pliable and easy to manipulate.
Six (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Thank you for your support for the support everyone and for believing me! Amy, if you want to chat email me at dismayeddollface [at] hotmail.com
FearAndInterest (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Wow! What an interesting story. And I really appreciated you being blunt and honest about the night (s) in question. I hear so many of the same 'types' of ghost stories, it is refreshing to hear one of this magnitude. On the other hand, I truly wish you did not have to go through it. I do believe in so many things, even though I have had little experience with them. To say the least, I really do believe you. I am glad that this Steve fellow helped you out. I almost wish that you were able to see him again, to thank him. 😳
I hope all is well now, and I really hope that you never see B again. And if you do, I hope it is only because he saw the error of his ways, and wishes to apologize. Unfortunately, B does not sound like much of a gentleman, so the chances of that happening are limited. And hey, don't listen to the comment up above by BigRagu42, that's very wrong on so many levels. I do not believe that you deserved that what-so-ever, but I like how you answered his comment 😊 Good Luck in all future relationships and friendships girl!
~Amy~
tevez32 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
i agree with Lisamaxw, if there was or was not a spell who ever this steve was helped you. I apreciate you not rebuking pagan rituals and some witchcraft because it is not all bad but the light of the cross will never fail us. Thanks for telling the testamony 😊
Six (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Gee, thanks bigragu 42, I tend to make a habit of asking to be accosted in my sleep.

As far as drugs go, I thought of that, but I don't use any form of drugs and I mix my own drinks, so I will have to go with no on that.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-08)
Could he have possibly used drugs to get you to swoon over him even though you detested him? I have heard of this numerous times.

I only mention this since I am not one who really believes in spells or the such (I am opened minded, but have always found logical answers to situations that might involve spells).

Regardless, this was one heck of a story and I'm glad things are better now. Thanks for sharing this.
bigragu42 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
doesnt sound too good, you get what you ask for. Next time choose better friends, please
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
The choking:
I don't really care to share personal business on here, but:
My father (who I stated as a family friend) was a alcoholic for close to 20 some odd years (he has since been sober for four years).

ANYWAY: I once witnessed him have a seizure while I was alone. Probably the most terrifying experience in my life. He looked like someone was choking him. He could not breath and was gasping for air. He then began to shake and such like one does with a seizure.
My father often when under the influence thought he saw people or people were talking to him. He was paranoid and scared of "unseen people" (the government) out to get him. I don't know how much "B" drank. But that would be my logic.

SIDE-NOTE: I do not want this info to risk the credibility of my stories that involve my father verifying the ghost I saw. He was sober for those incidents.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Its terrible what happened, and its even worse it watsed a month of your life! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Not to be a downer or anything -- considering all you've been through, that's probably the last thing you need! But I think the moral of the story is:

If someone's not good enough to be a friend while you're sober, s/he's probably not the right person to choose as a "drinking buddy," either!

Sounds like B used some kind of spell on you. Also, it makes me wonder about "Steve," who might have been a good guy, actually, because after he intervened, the "spell" was broken.

Sorry for your bad experience! I'll make sure to steer clear of any men whose names begin with "B" in NH!
Six (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
I do agree that he had absolutely zero credibilty, he lied about almost everything else. But as far as him seeing ghosts and communicating with the dead, I should mentioned this in my story, I had on a few occasions seen ghosts along with him.
I may not have been clear enough in my story, but black magick or some form of curse is what I blamed for the incidents in the bedroom and my dissolving digust for him when I was in his territory.
I have reason to believe 'Steve" was real because of the incident where it appeared B was being choked by something unseen. Or it may have been the worst muscle spasm I have ever seen. I don't know. But hey, he is gone anyway
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
WELL: At least you got him out of your life.

He clearly was up to no good while in bed with you or while you were in the shower. I don't blame any spirit possession or contact coming from him. That is a straight up... You know.

It sounds like maybe booze had a part in this "steve". Past use of drugs and personal problems may have trigged a drinking problem, which in turn can cause hallucinations and other problems (I'm only suggesting this because I witnessed it with a family friend).

Maybe he could communicate with the dead. Its just hard to believe/trust that someone could given everything you've told us about him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: