You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Yesler Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Yesler Apartment

 

It still gives me chills to this day when I think about the weird things and some times frightening experiences my family had in that old apartment. The units were originally built to house military families until the housing authority took them over. When my father and I did a walk through before I moved in, I was overcome with sadness and I started crying in my father's car. I told him I didn't like it there.

I was a young mother at the time, had to get out of my pervious situation and there was no space at my fathers so there was no other choice. It was the only thing I could afford at the time. So I "sucked it up" moved in and here we were alone for the first time; just baby and me.

The first thing that happened was when I would come home from work the living room window would always be open. I thought it strange but didn't put too much thought to it until it started to happen almost every day. Then my daughter didn't want to sleep in her room. She was young so I put it off as her just wanting to be close to mommy.

Then one night I got an uneasy feeling sleeping in my room upstairs, so baby and I slept in the living room on the couch. We had an old answering machine and it went off by itself! Now naturally trying to keep a cool head I thought the ringer on the phone must be off. So I walk over there and pick up the phone and see the ringer is on! Then it went on over and over again. The TV clicked on and off several times and I screamed at the top of my lungs get out of here now! This is my place now! Then things were quiet for a long time.

When my husband moved in and we had our son things started to pick up again. One particular experience was so scary we decided to move. By this time my daughter was older and now sleeping in the room; she got use to the weird things that would happen from time to time. When I starting putting my son in the room to sleep he would scream until we came and got him.

One night when he was a little older I had laid him down to sleep in his bed with his sister. My husband was working late and it was just the kids and I. I was on the phone talking and all of a sudden I hear my son screaming and bumping on the wall. I run to grab the door to the kid's room and as I open the door I swear to you I see my son's arm pinned in mid air and his little feet dangling, my daughter was horrified.

Whatever it was dropped my son and I ran to him and grabbed him. I was so scared and we all slept in my room that night and said a prayer. The next morning my son was saying his back hurt and when I pulled up his shirt. I saw to fang teeth marks on his back. I told my husband and we had my son blessed by a priest and he gave us some holy water, which we used to bless the house.

Things did quiet down a little after that but I was determined to find a new place. We stayed there another six months before we were able to find another place and about two months before for all packed and out things started up again. These things although creepy weren't horrifying. Just things like doors closing by themselves, hearing the stairs creak like someone was walking on them when we were all in bed.

Then two weeks before we were to turn in the keys, we were sleeping and I woke up because I felt something land on me and it was a shirt that I had folded earlier and placed in a packing box; all our clothes were thrown out of the box! On the very last day before we left I was checking out the entire apartment making sure we didn't miss any thing.

When I got to the room where my children stayed, just looking at every thing. I was staring at the windows thinking there going to charge us almost all of the deposit to clean up all my children's stickers off the window and from the corner of my eye I swear I saw a man's or something's face come through the wall, when I turned to look it was gone.

It looked like it had fangs!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maeli29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Sounds like some portal was open up to something in that apartment. And with them being toren down and replaced with other living quators. I doubt the haunting would stop as the portal is open and will continue with anything that is put on that spot. The face with the fangs that is a new one to me. But could be possible however.
maeli29 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
I'm glad yall liked my story-typos and all. Yes, I had always made sure the apartment was locked up tight before we head out for the day. Every evening when I returned that same window would be open just a crack. I think many children had died on the grounds in that apartment and around. There was a paticular boy I would feel and actually saw a few times. He had an avater costume on and he stood in the corner looking at me puzzled. I'd feel him some times tug on my night gown when I was doing dishes or cooking. I think my son saw him a lot because one night he was sleeping with me and I was just getting ready to turn of the light and my son looks at the door and waves hi-nothing was there. On another occassion my children were playing in there room and I hear my son say stop it in that whiney annoyed voice. Naturally I think it's my daughter teasing him so I yell from the bathroom stop it. She say "mom I wasn't bothering him, he's just trying to get me in trouble". I said what ever just go play some where else. She storms out the room and goes down stairs to watch tv. I hear my son say "stop it; didn't you hear my mom to quit bothering me?" I remember I was in the bathroom putting make up on in the mirror and my eyes were like saucers. I said " who's ever playing with my son can stay but only if he or she behaves himself. If you can't behave you must go." I could hear my son quiet down and start to make that vroom vroom sound making his cars move.

A girl who my daughter called "Anna" would always visit her. She told me that "Anna" had been drowned in the bath tub. One day I was home from work; pregnant with my son and I was heading up stairs to the bathroom. When I got to the second set of steps I stepped in water. There were little pools of water leading up the stairs all the way to the bathroom but the tub was bone dry so was the sink. The pools were as big as a little childs foot prints. My daughter was at school and I know the floor was dry when we left to walk to the bus that morning. I had come back from the bus and laid down stairs to watch tv; no one had been up there since we left.

"Anna" was the spirit who lived with us. She liked to write on the walls and play on the steps. I saw an out line of her once and she appeared to look just like my daughter described.

There was a chubby Asian boy who would visit every now and then. An little African girl who where a head scarf some times we would see here standing inside when we were out in the yard and an old Indian lady who like to stand in the kitchen; we saw her only a couple of times.

My son dosen't remember that horrible experience-praise God- but he still does have the faint mark of teeth on his back. I think spirits visit him a lot even in our new place but they never bother him to badly. In our new place there is maybe a few little things but nothing like Yesler I'll never forget that place. I think a lot of spirits there were either evil or very angry and praise God again they didn't follow us.

I did hear that they will be tearing and building new apartments and retail spaces. You know what they say construction can either stir it up or some times it quiets the grounds for a while. There is so many things we experienced there; so many true stories and if you'd like to know more just write me!

Maeli
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Would the living room window be wide open when returning home from work? I assume it would be shut when leaving for work.

This story proves to trust your gut. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it. (I do acknowledge maeli29, that you had no choice and kudos to you for "sucking it up").

Thanks for sharing.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
well,you must be happy after your shift and might be someone have dead in your apartment and ghosts mainly make a place as habitat which is more dusky in the sense.
Thanx for sharing. Keep us posting
Scaryboy
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Wow,I thought it was just a bored ghost looking for attention, until you told the part about your son. How awful, does he remember it? I'm glad you finally got out of that place, are things quieter for you now, nothing followed you right?
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
i think it might be quite dangerous if you continue to stay there, but luckily you're not anymore. Bring your family to the church everyday and learn something that can protect your family, like holy words etc. Remember to do some blessings at your new house for safety too and pray that nothing like that would happen again. All the best from anne_k92. 😊
rootwomin (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
it's not often I get to read or hear about ghost stories from around seattle, and that's too bad. When I do, they are off the hook, like this one.

You may be interested in knowing that the city is planning to tear all of those apts down and to rebuild on the same spot, placing 3000 living units in that space along with retail and parking. Wonder if the ghost will just move into the new spot...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: