You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Haunted Garage

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Garage

 

My name is Faye. Back in the 80's I was in my thirties and living in California. I was having a bit of a hard time, my sister being the kind soul that she is offered me her garage to live in while I got back on my feet. I moved in right away.

The first night I awoke and could feel something pulling my covers off the bed. My heart was beating so loud and I lay frozen with fear! I could not scream or open my eyes. Somehow, I got up and turned on the light, nothing there. Next mourning I told my sister what happened and she said." It was probably a raccoon".

Nothing could prepare me for what was about to happen next. I went to sleep about midnight; it was maybe about three in the mourning, that I was awoken from a deep sleep by a chilling coldness in the room! My covers were completely off of me. But there was something much more horrifying above my bed! I could feel what felt like a heavy hard breathing, like huge nostrils breathing, right above my head!

But worse the growling sounds that were coming from it! It had an awful rancid smell like rotten meat. I did not look up at it, I could not, something inside of me told me not to. I bolted from that garage so fast, never looking back.

To this day, I always wonder what would have happened, if I had looked up?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trubeliv54, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
hmm sounds like an inhuman spirit. The large nostrils remind me of something that is like an animal. Maybe if you had looked it could have been a part animal/ part human looking spirit. I think everyone would agree that read this it is a good thing you got out of that garage!
cjswing (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
it growled and smelled like rotting meat... I think it may have been a werewolf
Sinobiah (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
According to some people, very angry and evil spririts leave behind a substance called "Ectoplasm" which generally gives off a fowl smell. The spirit however, has to be really evil or really agressive for this to happen.

It could have been anything, but if it wanted to hurt you... It would have done so. Sounds like your scary spirit was curious! But better safer than sorry. As for the huge nostrils, it does sound like an animal. But I guess it was a good thing that you got out of there. Who knows what could have happened.

If you find this happening again, curse it out in the name of Jesus Christ, or if you are a non believer, then use rock salt and sprinkle some around the bed in a solid line that you sleep on. It repels spirits, and for some reason they hate it.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
First of all you feed the enity with your fear. Looking at it you probably would of seen what it actually looked like, and in return it could of been laughing at you instead of growling as it knew it frighten you. Did you find out what happen in the garage to cause this? If not would be interesting to find out may help you to know what happen when you were living there.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Good story, I myself wouldn't have looked up either!
Take care

Princess123 x ❤
ShamanSon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
I knew someone that went to jail and had something similar happen in his cell. The ghost would take the inmates blanket and fold it up and put it under the inmates bed during the middle of the night while the inmate was fully awake. The inmate found out that a boy had committed suicide in that cell by hanging himself with bed sheets. I assume someone committed suicide in your sisters garage. What my Shaman teacher would do to make the spirit leave is open the garage door and chant to the spirit in any language to advise the spirit that it is dead and to leave for good while using a tree branch to sweep the floors and walls going towards the garage door.
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Did your sister ever mention this stuff happening to her there? Did anyone else sleep in that garage after you? Interesting and scary story, I've never smelled a "phantom smell" I'm sort of curious...
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
some dogs might have been dead and mightbe troubling you as a ghost, better be aware beacause
DOGS ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN HUMANS WHEN THEY DIE
SCARYBOY

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: