You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Someone Or Something Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Or Something Following Me

 

I suppose I will start my story when I was 7 I lived in a country town in New Zealand called Carta ton. This is not were it all started but I think it was when the seed was planted.

THE SEED: when I was seven I felt as though I had to sleep a certain way sort of like "showing off" sleeping in very uncomfortable positions in order to look "cute" because it was like some one was watching me.

2006: By now I'm 16 and living in Sydney Australia. After my parents divorced I moved in with my mum and her new fiancé in a small 2 bedroom unit.

Trying to think back I can't exactly remember when it started but I think it had something to do with mum bring me home a giant mirror for my room which she found. The room started to get so cold compared to the whole unit and mould started growing all on the ceiling. I started sensing "someone" in there all the time and it was as though that "someone" was getting more violent and aggressive as what seemed to be as little as days or a couple of weeks at the most. I ended up sleeping on our couch every night. I hardly went in to my room, only to open the window to let some of the smell out or turn on the heater hoping it would clear up the mould.

2007: I think the "someone" follows me now where ever I go. When it never use to. One night I was staying at my partner's house and I woke up in a haze choking the room felt cold but I knew it wasn't, as soon as I was fully awake I could breathe properly and the room was the temperature it should have been.

2008 CHRISTMAS TIME: I was in my partner's kitchen doing the dishes with my back facing the door way (it's a tiny kitchen). I thought I felt my boyfriend stand in the door (like when you know someone is standing behind you i.e. At the bank) I turned around but no one was there yet the feeling like some one was still lingered. I was too scared to turn my back on to the door way again so I stood perpendicular to the sink so I could see out of the corner of my eye if someone was there. I carried on doing the dishes for a minute or so when my focus was directed at a smudge of food on the plate. As soon as I took my vision away from the door way I felt as if that "someone" charged at me, I screamed (not a huge one but one out of shock) and splashed hot water all over me. Boy did that make my heart miss a beat.

PRESENT 10.02.2009: I have moved and moved some more but its ALOT worse now.

I feel the "violent someone" every where I go. I even feel it at my work when I'm by myself. I partly live with a flat mate and at my partners' house. When ever I am alone at my house it's as if it's trying to hurt me, scare me; I am scared. I will be at home by myself and I'm so scared I want to run out of the house. There is no noise, nothing moves, I can't see anything but my whole body can feel it. My body pulsates. It's so hard to explain but pure fear.

Yesterday I felt it even though I was with my flat mate which is a first; usually the ora of a person will drown it out.

I'm at my wits end now. I'm tired of being scared every time I'm alone because I use to love having my alone time to relax.

Last night I thought that I absolutely have to see a shrink or something.

If anybody who reads this thinks they can help me please contact me PLEASE. I'm not sure if you guys know what pure fear feels like... It's unbearable.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO HELP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nasha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tremolo_kid_07 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
Has the "someone" ever physically touched you? I carry the same problem as you. No matter where I move to, who I'm with, my ghost follows me. Just this morning I had scuffling downstairs in an empty house, followed by a large pound on my wall. It has chosen to be noisy this time around, and I say that, because it really comes and goes as far as what it wants to do. Every one of my friends and family members have caught glimpses of it around me and in my various homes, yet I had never seen it. I had only heard its noises and felt its presence until about 6 years ago, where one night, I woke up from a nightmare, and more scared than I have ever been. I'm truly saying scared stiff. Within a second, I felt and saw a hand gently grab my arm and held tight. I immediately felt a rush of relief and calm throughout my entire body, and the fear literally disappeared in an instant. The only thing that came from my mouth was, "oh, you scared me," and quickly went back to sleep, not even thinking about what had happened. I talked to a priest about this, and he told me that in the presence of god or angels, you will feel fear, for their power is so great. I am NOT a christian, and hardly believe in god, but that really made me believe in something of a higher power. Try talking to someone about it. It really helped me. Of course, the ghost hasn't gone away, but I feel more comfortable now knowing its not a bad ghost. Sometimes just a noisy one
Trocity (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
I see that you posted this some time ago, and I'm not sure if you are still having problems, or if you have found help with the matter already, but I thought I would comment anyway.

For years I have had something like what has been happening to you happen to myself, in some cases more severe, and in some cases less. Religious help as also not been a choice for me, as I don't feel it's what I need.

A few options I can give you would be to pour salt outside the door of your room, in a line, or across the entrances to your house. This of course can be messy, and a lot of people like to scoff at it, but it is an option.

A better option might be to obtain some Hematite. How much is up to you. According to what I've been told, if you keep two or three medium sized stones in your pocket, and then by your bed when you are sleeping, it should help. Or, you can buy very large stones and place them around the outside of your residence. Keeping the smaller ones with you should help almost as well though.

All I can say is otherwise is I hope things get better with you, and; this is just my opinion; do not try to communicate with whatever is following you. Making it think it has an invitation is probably not the best idea.

Again, I hope things have gotten better, and if not, I hope this helps.
broken_heart (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
something similar is happening to me but I don't think mine fallows me very often the only place I go that I feel it is my b.f.f who is like my sister and my second home. It only gets realy realy terrifieing when I'm at home alone. Its still terrifieing but it doesn't feel life threatning or anything... I don't think. 😕 I'm sorry I can't help very much.
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
There are thousands of faiths out there, that I am sure one would fit your morals.:)

I recommend checking out the Unitarian churches, IF you are interested in seeking such matters. This faith consists of people from all faiths of the world (you'll see Wiccans, Druids, Hindi, Jews, Christians, etc) all come together in 1 roof, where they share the similarities of all the different faiths.

But you & only you will know what's best for you.

One thing I do know, from what I have been reading, is that negative entities feed off of our fears. That's how they get strong.

Good news is that they can never harm us. They can only threaten & scare us.

You'll know when you are ready to stand up to this spirit bully. & when you do, you'll find the strength with in yourself to defeat it. & by defeating I mean, by standing up to it & saying that you are no longer afraid of it, & tell it to leave you alone & to leave the house.

Hopefully, after a few tries to scare you, it'll leave knowing it has no power over you any more.

You might wan to try smudging the mirror. Smudging is getting some dried sage leaves, tied in a bundle & light the tip on fire. You blow out the flame so that only the cinders & smoke remain. You then pass the smoke over & around the mirror. It's believed by a few faiths, that the sage is a natural cleansing plant & negative energies do not like it.

Well, that's my two cents worth.:)
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
[at] Nasha: Anything works as long as your trying. It's my belief that God will take care of you if you geniunly try. Keep the priest option open, maybe as a last resort.
And I understand what you mean, the bible...well, yeah there's some stuff that doesn't belong in there that is.
Nasha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
To random guy and japdude3, Well at the moment in my life I haven't "found" god yet... I do believe there is a god except I have a hard time believing in christanity or any other faith that I have heard about, I think the bible reuins it for me. But I do have a cross pendent maybe I should wear it? Although I have half the faith? I wonder if it would work? And if it does well I guess I'm a believer lol... Thank you for your comments.
Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Sorry for what you have to go through. I'm not religious, but like ThatRandomGuy said religion may help. Wearing a cross or calling a priest might work.

Best of luck,
Japdude3
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Well, I don't know if you've tried this or not but there's always the option of religion. Hang up a cross, get some holy water, call a priest. I don't lnow if it'll help but it's worth a shot.
I hope things get better for you soon.
Nasha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Dear Flutterofwings, is there anyway of stopping it? Or will it continue to haunt me? Or how do I found out why is it haunting me? What intrests does it have in me?
What made it go away for you? And how long was it with you?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Sounds like some spirit is following you around, that some where you open a portal and now something has come out of it. I don't actually feel any place being haunted, but do feel that a spirit is haunting you. No matter where you go it will be there. Yes I know what PURE FEAR feels like happen to me long ago.
Nasha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
To Suyra, scary boy and logan I don't have the mirror anymore because of obivous reasons.
And I have spoken to my mum about this she shrugs it off but I KNOW she knows I'm telling the truth. My mum is from singapore and a lot of "ghostly" experinces happen there so she is quiet spirtual. If you want to be beieve it or not she was cursed and made sick by a "witch" when she was little and was bed riddin for a close to a year.
I do have brothers but they are grown up and haven't lived with me since I was 14.
I brang up the topic to my flat mate the other night and she didn't know what to make of it and I spoke to my boyfriend and he more or less believed me but wanted and tried to dismiss it to it just being in my mind.
Although I have to disagree with him because I can tell when I'm being scared because I'm too woried about it or when I'm truely frightned because its there.
Although I think that just because I don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
I highly doubt any one is playing tricks I don't think its possible and last thing for scary boy just because a ghost didn't hurt you doesn't mean another wouldn't hurt me... Physicaly or mentally...
Thanks so much for your thoughts 😁
Hassan (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Of course it's very disturbing to be followed (or to feel that someone follows) by an unknown one. First, you have to believe that it's just your feelings like I used to do. I do believe it's inhuman. Sometimes I feel it too. Really. But time after time, it's really common and not as scary as the beginnings.

Make sure that it's just your feelings that control your imaginary. Remove it, erase it, (or even enjoy it) you'll enjoy your life.

Hope you to be better.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
My first question would be do you still have the mirror? You have confirmed all of what you are going through strated with the mirror. Secondly, I would try to rise above the fear you currently have.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Hey Nasha,

I sense your are very uneasy at this point. Have you tried talkin to your mom to see if she has evr felt that way... Or ask your flat mate now if she /he feels the smae as you do. It may atleast help in establishing few basics.

Also you nevr mentioned if you have any sisters,brothers...in anyways I think you should discuss this with people you trust. It will atleast help you vent out your fears.

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
stage by stage the agressiveness increases in your life thanks for sharing in a different way first of all let me say the thing
1) what is the interrelation between ghosts and your room getting cooler?
2) will your flatmate or partner played any pranks on you?
Finally it happens inn almost most of cases and I don't think ghost do hurt people as it did not happen in my case...
Your story is not a ghost experience but you are UPTO THE LEVEL. This may be psychic experience
Conclusion:LET YOU GO TO A PSYCHIARTIST, AND GET CHECKED UP
DONT FEAR AND BE BRAVE
Scary boy (of course name happens, but iam brave)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: