You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Our New Home

Real Ghost Stories

Our New Home

 

I have a story that I would like to share with you. Make of it what you will. I just wanted to get it out. I live with my wife of three years. We have four children that range in age from 9-16. Two boys, two girls. We first moved to Marysville in august of 2004. We bought our home there right before the housing bubble popped. Four bedroom, 2 bath with an add on, for less than 300k. The house itself was built in 1976 and is one of the many homes built around Beal Air Force base.

Two weeks after we moved in, we came home to have all our kitchen table chairs stacked on the table. Over the next few months, lights would go on and off, or doors would open or shut for no reason. One event that stands out was when my wife was in the bedroom cleaning and the TV turned itself on and off and on again. I saw this happen once as well. We also have had our dog freak out and go barking at the air in the room. Scared and unwilling to leave a corner. Our kitchen sink was filled with water on both sides once. Scolding hot to the touch.

I woke up to go to the bathroom early in the morning and was dazing looking at the tiles on the floor by my feet when I noticed a woman in the shower door way. I ran in the bedroom and when we went back nothing was there. Mostly lights go off and on. Music can be heard now and then. We can't move because we are negative on the value of the home now due to the market. I went to make dinner one night and all the stuff in the cupboard was upside down. We also have had food spoil over night. Such as fruit left out or bread mold over.

Plants don't live long in our home. Sometimes we hear tapping through our stereo or computer speakers. It always is the same repetitive sound. My 16 year old has also seen mist or hazy cloud in the upper corner of his room. My 14 year old daughter has heard things as well as seen stuff. Though we try not to talk about it openly in front of our younger children. Out of sight, out of mind so to speak.

We try to put it out of our minds most of the time and it seems to have slowed down since we do that. But we still get odd things or the flash of something in the corner of our eyes. I felt something sit on the bed once. It scared me big time. So nowadays, things spark up once every few days. But it has been awhile for anything big. Knock on wood.

Just thought I would share this. Thanks.

D

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

PARANORMALWITNESSTV (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
Hi This sounds really scary. I am a producer on the series Paranormal Witness and wondered if you could be interested in sharing your story. If so please get in touch: olive.king [at] raw.co.uk
Evarin (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
This does sound like a classic poltergeist case right down to the teenage family members. Most poltergeist cases I have come across are usually a negative energy output that most of the time nobody is aware of. Usually with time they diminish and eventually will go away. Thanks for the interesting story! 😁
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
Interesting story.

I'm with KimSouthO on this one lol. Which isn't a big surprise.

Just pray, maybe hold a prayer meeting once a week with your wife and children. That could make a huge difference.

thanks
and god bless
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
say some prayers with your wife and children, although it doesn't appear to mean you any harm. It simply wants you to know that its there. But, I can understand how frightening it is to the children (it would be to me to). My suggestion is to ask it firmly but politely to leave in the name of God that you live there now and are not willing to share the home. You have purchased the home and it is rightfullty your and your families.

sometimes this works. And, continue to pray,pray, pray.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
I am in agreement with Martin, first thing that came to my mind was the movie Poltergeist. Very interesting though. Athena is also right in the suggestions she made, there are many ways to remove the unwanted entities from a home. Good luck to you and your family D.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
someone (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
I think you should pray over your house in faith,
Then the 'ghost' will leave you alone.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
Seems old tricks are very popular for ghost. Anyway, just get out of there, what do you want? Other incidents which you will lament later. There have been families having had to leave their home, because of this type of accounts. But you will get a good price for this house, especially from groups, university or institute which studies these phenomenon. Check it out.
But try do your best and just get out.
Take care.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
Dear D, That is a lot of money for a house, and the past owners not paying some of the mortgage to boot. If you look at some of the comments on this site, there may be helpful information for you to deal with these unwanted paranormal occurrences (cleansing rituals, ghost hunters, telling the entity to leave/not welcome, blessings by priests, ministers and shamans, and so forth). You could also do some research on your home's past, check your title for past owner's names, and ask around in your neighborhood. Could be a family project. Ah, home sweet home. Hope things quiet down for you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
That's pretty intense D, thanks for the story. The stacking of chairs on the table reminds me of the movie Poltergeist. I think it's a good lesson to learn: if the price of a house is too good to be true, maybe it's worth it to hire a medium to check it out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: