You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Flashes Of Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Flashes Of Lights

 

The whole experience started after a chimney fire at my house. No one was hurt and the house is mostly okay, but my family and I have been currently relocated to a hotel a short distance from the house.

After about a week, I started seeing things. These have been everything from a shadow darting in the corner of my eye to flashes of light. It has been mostly happening in the room I have to myself, although I have seen these at my school. I am almost positive these are something paranormal for several reasons, depending on where they appear.

In the room I stay in, I often feel waves of unexplained cold when the heater is running and I shiver for no reason. I'll see shadows almost everyday from the corner of my eye. I saw a light flash a few minutes ago.

The most bizarre occurrence was a week later when I looked up from my computer, into a mirror, and saw a different reflection that immediately switched back to my own.

At school, I saw a flash of light once and on one occasion saw someone behind the glass of a door. When I opened the door, no one there and there was no one behind me to make a reflection.

The apparition I saw was one of a short young girl, dark eyes, and dark brown hair. I didn't catch what the exact color of her clothes, but she wore a dress of blue / red. To give an image, she sort of looked like Alma from the F.E.A.R. Video game.

I'm 16, and have no idea what to do about this despite a large amount of internet research, and I'm still seeing these apparitions after 6 weeks.

Other hauntings by EdgeOfFear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EdgeOfFear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
More experiences have been happening recently, anything from flashes of cold to people/shapes darting in the shadows. I have tried to communicate, but to no avail.
mikey2 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
hi I have had similar experiences to you, although as I have gotten older they have practically stopped. I used to see a lot of flashing lights whizzing around the room. It seems quite common after reading a lot of stories on here. What interested me about you story in particular was the reflection changing in the mirror. The wierdest thing I have encountered was a mirror emtting a the most black colour I have ever seen. It was more black then pitch black and was asif it was escaping out of the mirror. I wouldn't worry about what your experiencing. Some of us are just sensitive enough to pick up things others.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
That was an interesting story sqweaky. And to souss: It's a girl, and... What the heck are you talking about?!
souss (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
that means maybe you have don to him bad things you didn aware off, or they see you as a weak scheep, so they try to possesed you ore harm you, say some this and it wil stop if god wils, bismilahi arahmani arahim that's means In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
Say this tree times
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
I'm speachless. I started to see things when I was only 10 years old and my mom was in the same room that I saw a cat that she didn't see. But then I started to see other things but then my mimi (grandma) said that whenshe saw a cross before her dad came home from the hospital (my great gandma was dieing for some sickness) and the cross floated up and it turned into her mom and she said that she ok then she vanished and when she told her brothers (they we're in the back yard and she was in the woods behind their house) and they said that they didn't see any thing. 😕 😁
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
You must have a lot of patience to read all that, and I must say that I thank you for your opinion.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Based on everything I've read (and I've read all the comments for this experience) I must say that I feel for you and your family. It must be very hard to be displaced by things you had abosolutly no control over.

Some of the light flashes/moveing shadows may be caused from the fact you are in unfamilure suroundings. I know you've been in the hotel for awhile now but it's still very different from what your home is like and you are adjusting slowly to subtle things happening in the room. I'll use a car outside with it's headlights on causing shadows to move on the wall for example... Your sitting in your room and even with the curtains closed it's possible to see the light reflecting off the wall and moving as the car ges by and yet because you are not used to it happeneing it doesn't 'click' as the headlights from outside...

I hope that makes sense. I know that doesn't explain all the flashes and or shadows but perhaps some?

As far as image in the mirror and the glass at school, those I'm not so sure about.

I do hope you and yours are well and back home sooner than later.

Respectfully,

Rook
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
No, I am actually pretty comfortable as it is (beside these disturbances). I think we will be back in our house in 4 to 6 months.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
EdgeOfFear, it has to be very disconcerting and unsettling for you and your family to not be in your own home, especially after such an intense and disruptive experience as a house fire. How long before you can return to your home? Is there anything you can do to make yourself feel more relaxed and comfortable in your room?
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
I thank you all for your comments (except wolfreal). I have nothing against you wolfreal, but your comments are unhelpful and unrelated to my story, and I have to ask you to please not write anymore here, unless it is useful. I am glad beyond measure that all of you have decided to defend my position, as I wrote my story with the upmost truthfulness.

That being said, I urge you all to not continue your argument. It is not relevent enough to be worth continuing and is just wasting the space of all who wish to add a relevant comment to my story.

PS- Kecoughtan, you are forgiven for your highly useful interruptions.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
WolfReal, okay, now we're getting to the crux of the matter. Based on your aggressive attitude, I felt that you were "raw" about something -- and now the truth comes out. You're digging away at a nerve, and displacing your frustration on the rest of us. What a shame! Because I believe that you would have found most people here to be sympathetic, helpful, and supportive; and we could have avoided all the vitriol.

Many of us -- myself, especially -- believe that it is possible for spiritual beings to contact us through our dreams. It's when we're most receptive. But for those of us who have experienced this type of phenomenon, the question becomes not "if" -- but rather, "by whom" -- we've been contacted; and then we ask "why?"

Rather than use any more of EdgeofFear's space, why not write up your story? I think you'll find that you have a very receptive, supportive, helpful audience here.

L.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Kecoughtan - ok great. This is what I can tell you. Exoatmospheric. So Ill have to say I only saw it through instruments which I guess means I did not really "See" it. If you want more information then that I can not give to you, I guess at that point we'll just have to say I was lying.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
That which lies outside our current understanding has many roots and many possibilites. If I see a cup move from oneside of a table to the other what would be your answer as to what cause that? Think about it for a second, what is your initail thought (assuming you believe I am telling the truth) as to what caused it? A ghost? Ok, possibly. I certainly can not prove it was not a ghost but I also can not prove I did not move it myself with my mind, or that the room suddenly tilted... I can not begin to prove what caused it so therefore why do we call it a ghost? I came here looking for ideas and experence in other people of events that can not be explained. A persons "ghost" story does not always turn out to be a real ghost story even though a real event may have happened.

I have been having dreams of people that are dead that I knew. They are all telling me the same thing. I'm not going to get into it because I know its very hard to believe. I'm not sure I even believe it but every other night I have a dream and the dream changes in minute ways. Primarly in how many dead people there are talking to me, shouting at me always the same thing. What I am most concerned about is how real these dreams are. AS I have said I used to be a practiced lucid dreamer. I know the difference between a dream and being awake. These dreams the only way I know is because people who are there are dead in this world.

So what is this? Is this my mind playing tricks? They are dreams and maybe just maybe I want one person here to find a way to prove to me that dead people can actually cross over from something more then dreams. If they could, then I could believe my dreams are only that dreams. Why is this important? Because what I am being told in my dreams is so urgent if there was a possiblity I am somehow being told something that is really going to come to pass... I should do something about it.
DO you understand now?
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Perhaps you can state what would be acceptable proof? Furthermore, why do you assume to be the end all expert in what is a real ghost story? The universe is vast,complicated, and diverse. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it didn't happen at all. If you don't have cancer or never did, does that mean that other people haven't? If you are saying that nothing exists unless you also experience it you have a very narrow perception. Not to mention a negative attitude to something like this board that could bring light to situations.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Please pardon the interruption again, EdgeOfFear. Which atmospheric test detonation did you see, WolfReal?
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
I realize that there's a difference wolfie. I never said there wasn't a difference. But the fact is that you claim ghosts aren't real, yet you seem to want everyone to believe only you can have the true experiences. As for the subject change, nobody is changing the subject but you. You seem to afraid of addressing anything in anyone's comments or stories. You assume things that aren't written or implied and twist peoples words. On top of that you cry conspiracy when ever someone starts to get help with their story. Could this be because nobody believed your only story on this board and you are angry? Like I said try the site's sister board for psychic experiences scroll to the top of the page, its in the middle of the banner.

One question, why are you on here if you don't believe in ghosts? If you don't, how can we believe that your stories aren't fiction? Just prove it. And if you can't, then stop asking others to prove what you can't prove yourself.

This is what I and anyone else would expect from an esteemed poster.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Bah... What we have here at this site is nothing more then a bunch of kids sitting around a fire telling ghost stories.

NOw that I think of it Lisa I think you are right. I came to the wrong place and am fighting against what simply is. Trying to change people here into giving real experences is like... Trying to change the world to my will. I became blinded in my need.

Id ask the ones who have real stories to contact me but its not like they will see request.

If anyone has any suggestions of where I can go for "real" happenings let me know.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Oddly enough... I have witnessed an actual detonation. Can you tell me why you chose that as an example?

What I am telling you is that trust and believing are not just given. I am here questioning peoples experences and asking for proof. Are you telling me I can not do this?
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Annoying or not, I think it's accurate.

You probably haven't been to a place where a nuclear bomb has been tested. Do you believe they exist? There are a lot of people in Hiroshima who can testify that they do!

What you're saying, in essence, is that you will disbelieve anyone else's experience until you have your own. That's well and fine for you. But the fact is, if that's how you feel, then NO ONE can ever convince you otherwise. You've blinded yourself to the possibilities, and I think that being here would be an exercise in futility for you. No wonder you're frustrated.

L.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Lisamaxw - that doesn't cut it. Saying that I do not believe these things because I do not allow myself to see that is...annoying.

I do not allow myself to see a pig walking down the street speaking english. Does that mean I should trust someone else to tell me they experienced seeomg one and contenplate the possiblity just because they are currently not in an hospital? This site specifically says "REAL stories" Pardon me for holding people to that.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
TheDemiurge - there's a big difference between what the brain can "see" and ghosts being present thowing stuff or otherwise interacting with the phyiscal world. Stop chaning the subject.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
The difference, WolfReal, is in perception.

You say that "Pigs don't talk," and I will tell you that "Animals CAN communicate." No, they don't speak as we do; but they can communicate via body language and actions to let you know what they want and how they feel. The difference between our perception is that you're looking at minutiae, and I'm looking at a larger tapestry. Ever hear the adage, "You can't see the forest for the trees?" Maybe this endeavor requires that we rid ourselves of the microscopes and trust our own perception of "the bigger picture."

But then, sometimes, the problem is that people can't see past their own noses. They are hindered by their own arrogance, their unwillingness to see beyond themselves. Convinced of their own brilliance and infallibility, these "esteemed" people become their own ultimate authority, and they deafen themselves to anything that contradicts what they already "know."

Sometimes the Truth, my friend, is a subtle thing. It doesn't always shout in your ear. Sometimes it whispers. You just have to be willing to listen for it... And quietly wait for it to be revealed.

L.
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
yes everything can be explained in this experience. A fire in the chimney is not something suspicious at all. It was probably started from a dirty chimney, it happens often. As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to feel guilty about. As for wolfie... I would research your answers before posting them. You seemed to always want to link a psychological explanation for every story on here. And while that sometimes helps to be the devils advocate, you wind up taking it another direction that isn't helpful. As for your last comment, THIS IS THE REAL GHOST STORIES BOARD! GO TO THE REAL PSYCHIC EXPERIENCES BOARD for your pre cognitive experiences. I would like to also comment on the fact that you like to imply that people are lying here and telling fiction when you make claims of things that seem unreal but claim to be the truth, yet, you spend your time here pointing the false finger at everyone else. Further more, this is not "wolfies board" if you are not happy with people sharing their stories about ghosts here then don't comment here.

People come here to tell thier stories in hopes that they can find answers just like you. Let's try to have mutual respect of other poster's and not automatically assume they are lying. I know your not a liscensed psychologist or para-psychologist so stop assuming the role. People who come here (if I am misrepresenting anyone I am sorry), or least I am speaking of myself have already gone down the logical road of solving these experiences and they don't add up. That's when they come here... To find answers in a place where science has failed them.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
And one more thing. I dream of things that end up happening. Of all the frapping things I dream of, TV shows and Movies. That's REAL, I can not prove it but its real. I want to know what that's about. So I come here, test the waters and see what's up and you know what I find? A bunch of people that like to tell Ghost stories. Pardon me for being a bit upset. I can't go around telling people I know these things. I told my brother but he doesn't really believe me or doesn't want to. I can't go tell my doctor, what's he going to do? You put two people in a room one person sees a ghost the other not. Whats that make the person that sees the ghost? More perceptive or just crazy? Or one person out of a billion that dreams of things that have not happened yet. Whats that make them?
REAL GHOST stories. You said it yourself. REAL events.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
By my disagreement I challenge people to go further in explaining why I am wrong. A story is just that, a story until there is proof. To this day not one person alive has ever given irrevocable proof of "ghosts." Not one. It is possible they exists? Sure, its as possible as "God" of the bible existing. Its as possible as talking pigs. Is it possible the earth is flat and not round as we have been told for many years? Sure it is because... How can you prove its not? Every picture I have ever seen of the earth is in 2D.
IN one of your post WB you stated "Real Ghost stories." And that's what I'm here to find as well.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
OK, This is my last comment, here.
That is NOT what I said. What I said was "We jump too arson because this is under part of the unanswerable Unknown?"

**Shrugging, throwing arms up in the air and exhaling in frustration***

Meaning: How asinine is it to state that it was absolutely NOT a paranormal experience and it absolutely WAS an arson situation? NO ONE was there, save for those involved in this experience...

If you are psychic, state it.
If you are skeptic, BE skeptic.
If you are a non-believer... WHY keep up the commentaries that you do?!

It is ABSOLUTELY fine to disagree with everything you read. It is not perfectly fine to accuse people of illegal acts. What you are doing is NOT calling their story into question, you are calling their character out. When you do THAT, you have an all out site war, and frankly, I am sick of it.
YOU did not start it. Please do not think that is what I am saying. We were starting the turf protection verbal wars before you even signed up, the difference IS... When it is pointed out OTHERS seem to ease off a bit.
MY point is this (as people here lately seem to want everything broken down into bite sized pieces that THEY can handle) if you want to argue (EVERYONE), e-mail each other, hang out in the chat room, but DANG- give it a rest, people. It is like an 105 year old dealing with a bunch of preteens. And WHO the 'ell wants that?
We are NOT stupid, or dumb, or a bunch of redneck drug addicts (well, I can not speak for EVERYone here).
What we ARE is a group of people interested in at least one like thing. It would be as if I DID NOT believe that the earth was round...
PROVE it. STOP stating that it could NOT possibly be so, and PROVE why it can not. Stop the empty words, phrases and parables and bring in the proof. Documentation...

I apologize if I offended anyone. I will not be involved in a turf war. You all do what you will, but I will not be part of the immaturity, I AM trying to gain knowledge.
Thank you.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Not wait a minute wb. Not everything can be explained but these events sure can. If I tell you the other day while walking down a street in new york I saw a pig and that pig told me the end was near and that by hiding in your basement for a week you would be ok, I bet you stock up on food and end up in your basement right? No, because talking pigs don't exsist.

EdgeofFear may seems to think he\ she saw something. I certainly do not discount "seeing" something as you know.

BTW if you believe the pig story I have some supplies to sell you
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Edge, maybe I have been reading your post with my own personal bias. Let me try again. Perhaps the trauma & shock associated with nearly losing your home has jolted your psychic awareness open. This can happen when the psyche is challenged by receiving something very unexpected (usually not good) in your life, whether physically (as in a serious injury) or psychologically (as in the unforeseen death of someone close to you). The house fire and having to relocate has disrupted your normal day to day living and that may have just been enough to wedge open your psychic door. Then there is always the possibility that the hotel you are staying at still has "passed" residents lingering.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
EdgeofFear, please pardon the interruption, but I add my voice to that of whitebuffalo's. As usual, whitebuffalo has made an astute and terribly relevant point. Personally, I have posted little this month for the very reasons whitebuffalo cited. Sarcasism and skepticism dine at my table daily--I know them well--but the atmosphere here lately is becoming increasingly acrimonious and combative. The reason folks come here and are always welcomed is so that we can all politely SHARE, DISCUSS, and COMPARE experiences. No one has all the answers. If you think you have all those answers and if you are here to belittle the experiences of others then this site is not an appropriate forum for you. Disagreements and raised hackles happen, but please take a moment and consider what you post and how it sounds to others. If anything this site is about multiple perspectives and multiple possibilities, and it will only thrive if there is polite, public dialogue. PLEASE, a little civility!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Soooo,
Seeings how there MAY have been questionable circumstances, as there are NO concrete answers and NO ONE knows for certain what really happened...
Arson?
We jump too arson because this is under part of the unanswerable Unknown?

Dang, this site has changed...
What happened to GENTLY pointing out the POSSIBILITY of other explanations?
I did not think being a skeptic meant that you HAD to bash someones thoughts up against jagged rocks...

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: