You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Narrow Bridge

Real Ghost Stories

The Narrow Bridge

 

This weekend started with my school time friends. We were off to a distant place called chetpet, around 150 km from where we stay. Keeping count that we were to return after two days we opted to take our bikes. Yes it would have been and should have been a nice joy ride with all of us cutting across the roads only if this didn't happen.

It wasn't a clever idea taking our two wheelers for a long distance, as these highways were packed with the heaviest vehicles strictly with the discipline of breaking the rules. To add more to these dangers, the bike my friend and I were traveling on had no headlight. Now what's the big deal having no headlight, but we wanted to extend our time there and opted to travel Saturday night. And yes we started speeding over the roads, and after a stretch of 50 km we stopped for a tea break. Each of us had a smoke, some tea and spent some times checking out chicks at that place too. Like in most cases after the first part of the travel we wanted to take a short route. As instructed by an elderly gentleman we took the route that we shouldn't have taken.

Like any other youngsters we wanted to race down. But we with no headlights had to stay back and move with the slower riders. In around ten minutes of the commencement of our race, we vanished in different directions, and believe it or not were the only guys on that road, and now fewer. After a while there were only two bikes going together. The bike that my friend and I were traveling on couldn't go alone as we were completely dependent on another bike's light. We kept moving. A little later we made up our minds looking at the clean roads, too speedup to catch the others. From here we started speeding. It wasn't a race and we had to keep in pace with the other vehicle for light. I had to slowdown to answer a call, but though my friend shouted at the other vehicle to stop, the sounds of our bikes dominated his feeble voice. Now we were left all alone, amidst nowhere, with no headlights. We couldn't do anything else than start speeding to catch them, my friend tried calling them. But the calls weren't answered. The moonlight wasn't sufficient enough, but yes we knew there were no more vehicles behind us and thought we would speedup or we would totally end up lost.

We couldn't take much speed as we didn't know what was before us, so we maintained a steady speed. In a few minutes, we crossed a particular bridge, a very narrow bridge. We did notice that it has been unused with the little light that the moon provided, we climbed on the bridge and this second both of us could feel some kind of eerie feeling set within us. Not just the feeling but also it left goose bumps in us. Both of us at the same time, I felt my friend's hand getting hold of my shoulders tightly; I knew it was because of fear. I don't know why but neither of us shared a single word.

By this time were halfway through the bridge, on either sides of the bridge there were steps going down. Not a well defined bridge though, but still if we were to move to the corners we would end up sliding down the thorn bushes and hard rocks. In a few seconds we could see a creature, I thought it was a dog on first sight, but it seemed to be like a crippled human but in a darker tone. It popped up towards us from the left side of the bridge. My fright at this time wasn't about what it was, but that were going to land up in a terrific accident. I lost full control, but to my shock I didn't run over it, instead I passed through it. I was confused, gave full throttle just to move away from that spot.

My friend didn't utter a word when all these were happening; the only thing that kept telling me that he was still behind me was his grip on my shoulders that kept increasing. I was equally terrified, but I asked him if he was ok to get no reply. I was still confused of what just happened, and thinking of the crippled creature gave me the creeps.

We luckily crossed the bridge and saw our friends waiting a few meters from the bridge. I stopped my bike to tell them of what happened but before I could say a word, I heard a loud mourn, not just I, all the other guys who were there heard the same mourn. This time it wasn't another creature but the guy who was sitting behind me. He started screaming, crying, but this was confusing.

He was a bold guy, who doesn't cry and stuff even once we met with an accident and half of his little finger got caught, the only words that came out from him then was "shiat, I messed up", but this time he was crying. We tried to console him, nothing worked.

This continued for more than twenty minutes and still didn't stop. We knew it was something serious as he wouldn't stop for anything. With no other option we started back. I didn't utter a word of what had happened. To reach back quickly we had to take the same bridge. Only the two of us had the bad experience on the bridge, but I knew that his crying had something to do with the bridge and the creature and crossing the bridge again would worsen the situation. Luckily as these thoughts were running in my mind, on of my friends started his engine and his headlight directed us to another small lane on the other side. It wasn't a well laid one, but we had to take it. Within two hours we reached back home.

He still hadn't stop crying; we couldn't leave him in his house either nor take him anywhere else with this serious problem. I called up his brother and told him f what happened and managed to take him into his house. But this wasn't the end of the problem. For the next one week he continued screaming and shouting, the exact time we saw the creature. Once we saw him shouting we were out of our wits. He looked towards a direction and started crying and shouting and asking us to send it away.

This stopped after a week after blessing his house and him. A real creepy incident and he still doesn't want to think about it and neither do the any of us. But I surely know it was a person's ghost who was run over, this information wasn't my own, but another friend of mine who knows and does researches on apparitions. May sound weird but I wasn't left with much of an impact as he was. But one day I want to pass through the same bridge hoping to see it again.

Other hauntings by blank

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blank, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
truly a metaphorical representation of 'highway through the danger zone' song...
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Sounds close to Chennai... Blank please answer VivekThekote's query so that he as well as I might experience the same. As for the story... It was awesome

Thanks
Regards
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Wow, so far your scariest I have read. That would freak me out very much!
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
HI DUDE, Can you tell me which place is the narrow bridge located so that if life permits I can visit this place & experience it.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
Hi Dude, Thanks for the story you have posted, It was a scary story. God's blessing was bestowed upon you due to which you have escaped but unfortunately your friend was affected by this incident, I believe that he is ok.

I just want to say one thing when you get time sit with your friend & ask him about that incident which he felt on that bridge if he is not willing to remember that incident then don't ask him. I personally appreciate your courage that once again you want to visit the NARROW BRIDGE but be careful & carry the pictures of GOD if you are visiting there & this time have headlights on your bikes.

God Bless you, Your Family & Your Friends.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Hmmm, but I think you should go. For me it is always my curiosity overtaking my fear. But not everything ends informative.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Dude that's some tough s***. I hope your friends ok, I understand something like that can be almost mentaly scarring.
There is a town I pass through on the way to my grandparents house that houses a certain "Demon Road" with the much dreaded "Faceless Creature"... My cousins want me to accompany them when they go but I don't think I will.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Yes bro it had followed him and had been haunting him for a week. Even until date he doesn't like talking over the topic.
searchingsam (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Blank, That little trip turned into a nightmare. I hope your friend has gotten over this. You have a lot of nerve to revisit that spot again. It's almost like something followed him back or entered into to him. Best of luck.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Guys have any of you had a bad experience like this on travel. Things like these are most commonly reported.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: