You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Welcome To My Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Welcome To My Nightmare

 

Now that I've told you all about my hauntings through out my life, these are the first ones introducing me into the world beyond. When you are a young child it's hard to understand what it is all about, yet children see things and know things that most adults ignore and tend to shove aside.

It was the summer of 87 I think. I was around 6 years old, my brother being 4, and our cousin 5. We were young so all of this is distant but some of these bizarre things have stayed with me forever.

The first incident that took place was in our backyard that introduced me to the haunted world as it did all three of us. My cousin and I were playing a game of hide the toy truck and find it. This afternoon was spent as such. It was my cousins turn to find it and she gave up looking so I pointed to where it was behind a big oak tree. When we looked in that direction we saw a little black guy playing with it. I thought it was a neighbor kid or something that had my toy. She got scared and ran up to the house. Brave and naive I waltzed down to this creature and asked for my toy back. Then my freaked-out-ism got in when the black boy disappeared in front of me. He looked at me (no facial features) as I asked for it and he vanished, dropping the toy as it rolled down the root of the tree. I didn't understand what I just encountered. I grabbed my toy and darted up to the house. We as kids tried telling our grandma what had just happened, she nor anyone else believed us so they sent us back outside and told us to stop story telling.

My brother got involved in the investigation at that point because not only did one black guy show up but a bunch of little gray guys appeared as well in the big oak tree branches. Since no one believed us we got out our squirt guns and shot away trying to rid the creatures. They looked like they had arrows pointing out of their heads. And out of all the gray guys peeking around the branches and leaves at us, there was that one black guy who just sat there and starred at us. The sun was starting to set in the sky at this point, and as soon as the last ray of light was in our yard, they all disappeared!

That was our first encounter into the great unknown. Those little black men would show up through-out our young lives out there frequently, usually when we weren't prepared for them. We were always scared of them and tried blocking them out, like expecting them almost so they wouldn't make an appearance. My brother claims he saw one big one, one time waving to him in the field to come closer so he ran back to the house and as he ran away the creature was motioning him to go away. I had nightmares for a long time about these creatures why they were even there and I'd always be scared of 'running' into one.

Another time my cousin and my brother saw a big black hand squeezing itself in the doorway of my bedroom. Upstairs my brother's bedroom and mine are directly across from each other with a middle room in between.

My cousin and I were in my bedroom up until the wee hours giggling away. This particular night as we chatted away something in my brother's room caught my attention. Something was looking at us. I looked into his bedroom and there was a girl about the age of 17 standing in there just starring into my room. I nudged my cousin to tell her to look. She asked me who that was, and I said I didn't know and wondered myself. We studied her for a moment and then got too scared so we hid under the covers until daylight. The next morning our tales still repeated to be the same as the night before in description. The girl had on a long bluish dress with an umbrella in one hand and a purse in the other. She had braids on both sides of her head. Her stare wasn't friendly either. It looked like she was lost in time just zoned out in wonder. Almost like a chilling stare like something she was seeing wasn't good. She didn't look directly at us but just straight through my room. I no longer wanted to look into my brother's room after that.

I don't know what it is about that event but it was so close to home that it has disturbed me into the great unknown. If she would've looked at peace or friendly my cousin and I wouldn't have been traumatized but something about that along with the little black guys were just wrong about the whole place.

We used to hear things too and have weird episodes that way as well. Typical hauntings. The dumb doorbell rang and no one was there plenty of times. That place just has eerie effects.

I guess I've seen a lot of things and heard a lot of strange things there that my mind was opened up to the other world at a young age. One night I saw my older brother in his bedroom in the basement but the light was off and he made no sound. At first I thought it was him and said something but he didn't answer and that's when I realized he wasn't even in there! I ran up those stairs and found him on the living room floor watching TV. Another time my cousin and I heard my brothers and my dads voice outside in the backyard only to discover they were not there but down at our grandparents. The list goes on and on.

These were the basic hauntings of our lives then. Ever since these sightings I never wanted to see ghosts again. Perhaps that's why as I got older that I never saw anything in our haunted house or other locations I've been at. I simply did NOT want to see anything so I told the ghosts if they were around not to show themselves to me. I felt them and that has been enough for me.

These are my stories and I still don't know what half of them mean to this day. What do y'all think?

Freaky huh?

Other hauntings by NightGhost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NightGhost (10 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
I want to rename this, welcome to the family curse. Lol Within the content of writing this junk I never thought it'd ever come back to haunt ME by anyone else. Then the insanely impossible happens and its all over.
NightGhost (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Will try to answer all? S and explain some more. Our house is out in the country so no one could run to the house and hide, impractical. I believe they were evil like creatures because they gave us no joy. I didn't realize the color black would be an african american. Never saw a black person as a child so I assumed he was a black boy but he was the color black not the brownish black people are. It was more like a dark shadow an outline of a person but black no features to see, face clothes ext. After seeing them stories of my relatives surfaced that they seen these creatures too as young children same valley different farms. I've read about brownies that's possible but these things were creepy. As for the girl well I gotta say two things about her. My aunt told us it was an angel so we wouldn't be scared. She was no angel. My brother lost a friend later in life that resembled her but it wasn't a future prescence she was from the past because of the old fashion dress. None of this stuff was friendly it was all very creepy. Especially seeing my doppleganger brother and not know anything of them. At that time all ghosts and ghouls were bad they scared us pretty bad. Thanks for all the comments its been two years!

Ps I've been trying to reply for a long time I hate my phones lol
NightGhost (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Night Ghost has returned with responses on the way! I hope I'm still logged in so I'm just testing here.:)
thinkingfunny123 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
No offense, but in the ringing doorbell thing, have you heard of Ding Dong Ditching, I as a young crazy... Human... Do it frequently. Do you mean black as in African American or Black like the color? 😕
WinkycatOfGhosts (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
The black creatures might have been demons or something close but this is pretty interesting. Simalar things have happened to me.

Yours ghostly,

Winky ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Wow that is an interesting tale! It sounds to me that maybe you and your cousins encountered nature spirits called Brownies. They are mischievous beings, and have the tendency to be attracted to children. I always assumed because they like to play. As for the girl you saw, it gave me the chills! Does it bother you so because of her presence, or is there some kind of imprint of what you think she might have seen?
I enjoyed your story! I hope to read more of them! 😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
That's one weird story! The black and grey guys were really freaky as was everything you went through.

I'm just glad things have settled down a bit.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
its like you are organising us to get it. Your nightmare is very thrilling. Yeah as the randomguy said this are not spirits it slike mist film where you said that like of creatured you usually happen in your dream
Anyway thanks for sharing
Scaryboy
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
wow you been dealing with this things for along time twin its getting tiredly really. I know its not easy.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Thanks, I sure hope you do put up your story! I love reading other peoples experiences similar to my own I get a better understanding of them. Besides then I know that those things are out there and not just something that we kids dreamed up! Who knows you know... 😉 🤔
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
That's one freaky story! I don't claim to know what the creatures were but I don't think they were spirits. I can understand why you were so afraid of running into them, I had a similar experience (maybe I'll put the story up later). I hope to hear more stories from you.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
No not really, I'm probably more freaked out about my relatives being dumb more then some ghosts! Haha That's more then likely why I don't visit and have strange dreams... Actually the spooks don't visit anymore anyway. 😆
Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
I'm sorry that you have had to deal with that. I heard that if you really don't want to see them you won't, but as for everything else I think your just going to have to learn to live with. Have you tried talking to anybody about these incidents since becoming older?

Best of Luck,
Japdude3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: