You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Too Many Occurences

Real Ghost Stories

Too Many Occurences

 

There has been so much going in this apartment. We have lived here for 5 years and lately so many things have been happening. It seems that there are many more incidents and that it has escalated. My daughter and I used to sit in my bed to watch TV. Several times we would feel something knock against the bed as if it was under the bed. The cat was asleep so it wasn't the cat. I have heard footsteps when no one was about and they seem to stop before I can see who it might be. About a year ago, I felt something put its arms around my waist while I was sleeping. I could feel their warmth. That wasn't so scary but it was weird and very unsettling.

In the past year or two, sometimes my bedroom fan will work fine and other times it makes noises and drags and won't speed up. Our stove started ticking about 2 weeks ago like the timer might have been stuck. In the next few days, it accelerated and got fast and noisy. No investigation turned up a cause. Now it has stopped on its own and seems to be back to normal.

The other night, I was sleeping and felt someone grab my legs between my feet and knees and shake them as if trying to wake me up. I was terrified and could hear myself crying out but more whimpering and I had the hardest time waking up. It was like I felt what was going on but couldn't wake up. But I did and had no problems moving after waking.

Last night, while on the computer around 2am, I heard footsteps in the living room next to me. I seriously thought someone was coming around the corner and freaked. I stood up and thought "what the hell am I going to do --how am I going to protect myself!" they stopped short of coming around the corner of the room where I might see them and I got up and, of course, nothing was there.

So, last night, after going to bed... And I must admit, I was pretty upset by the goings on... I went to sleep and felt someone pulling my hair... Grabbing different sections of my hair and pulling fast and hard. I remember trying to grab my hair and crying out. My daughter was sleeping in my bed and I was whispering her name --like I was afraid to call out-- and I just scooted over close to her and went to sleep --or maybe I just never woke up. I'm not sure. It was so real but I don't remember if I woke or never did wake.

What do you think about all this? I am really freaked out and feel as if someone is in this apartment... A male... And not really evil but scary. Anyone's comments would be welcome.

[update 07-03-29]

It happened again last night when I was sleeping I felt it all over my bed, I screamed for it to leave me alone (in my dream) and then I thought to tell it to move to the light. Woke up. Then I thought it might be someone I knew and I told it not to be afraid and that I forgave them. I said again to move to the light. Got a little freaked so sat up in bed, turned on the light, turned up the TV. After a couple of minutes, I heard the wastebasket in my bathroom move across the floor. I wanted to be sure so I went and looked and wasn't positive, so I moved it back to where it had been. Got in bed. Had to be sure it had moved. Put it back to where I had found it after the noise and realized that yes, it had been moved. There is not a doubt in my mind that I heard it move --it's glass on a ceramic tile floor-- distinct sound. I'm beginning to think that by sleeping with the light and TV on, it's being foiled and not able to approach me. For the past couple of nights have slept with no light on but with the TV on... Last night it didn't seem to matter if the TV was on or not. When the waste basket in the bathroom moved I thought maybe this thing was mad because he couldn't get to me. Worried.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
when asking the entity to leave, be polite but firm, let them know that they are not welcome in Gods name.

you can not say you forgive them becuase you do not know who they are and what they want.

GodBless!
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Hi, has anything happened to you since your last post? I think that's really scary! I have been touched by ghosts before but after a few years I got used to it(as a child/teenager) but now that I'm an adult and it hasnt happened as often, I have become a real chicken! I hate trying to sleep at night feeling a presence and waiting for the next time Ill feel a touch. Its really traumatizing isn't it? I also sleep with the computer or light on, or else I stay awake until daylight starts shining through the window. I find that saying "go to the light" doesn't usually work for me. I don't know why. I'm starting to think that just facing it instead of ignoring it is best, but I don't know...
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Dear scared, I think a change of space would do you good. Shane has good advice. And robynhoodwinker, is that really you and your post or has someone possessed your identity,... Are you pulling our leg? Well, I do believe in ghosts, and I feel, so do many others who come here or they would not be here. No point in wasting energy on something you do not believe in. The advice is here to take as given and it is always up to those who wish to freely choose it or not.

scared, I think now is the perfect opportunity with the lease ending to start a new and better adventure. You deserve better days then you have been having. Blessings to you, yours and upon your dwelling, and the new one to come.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
You are more than welcome Scared, if you continue to have problems please feel free to contact me through this site. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Scared (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Thank you all for your comments (and Shane, thank you for yours). I am still contemplating moving as our lease is up in a couple of days. If I run into any more strange stuff I will follow up. Thanks again.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Scared,
Those who have passed on tend to remain in the after life as they were in life. If they were a kind hearted person then they will be so in the after life, if they were mean or evil they will continue to be. This entity sounds like a man who was a domineering person in life and wants to continue controling peoples lives from the other side. I would suggest contacting a paranormal investigation group in your area and seeking their help if you are not able to do any of the other solutions I suggested earlier. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Hi Scared, I moved your update from the comments section to your story so it doesn't get lost easily after future comments by others.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
Purplegerbil, why did you use my post as your own. Are you in agreement with me or are you mocking me? Not angry, just curious is all. I see from your profile you are interested in ghost hunting. Have you done any trips to possible haunted locations and if so what were your experiences or what paranormal experiences have you had? Please post them as stories. I know I am always looking for new experiences and stories to compare with what I have seen or experienced. From some of the stories here, I am guessing I haven't experienced the worst that can happen, yet.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
First things first, there are those of us who do believe and have experience enough to offer possible advise to those who request help. Second not all entities are demons and want to take over someones body, some of you all watch to much TV. Demonic hauntings or possesions are real, but they are not as common as some would like to believe. Some of the things you can try to help rid yourself of this are: 1. You need to tell it to please leave and go to the light that it's presense is no longer welcome there. Do not antagonize it. 2. Get your church to come in and do a blessing on the home and your family. 3. Perform a cleansing ceremony, of which I have just posted directions on how to perform on the response section of the story "Knocking at my door". 4. Last resort would be to move.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Mallory (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
It is very odd that you can't wake up when this is happening. The figure that is staying in your house might want to take over you and control u! So beware!
robynhoodwinker (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
Who believes in ghosts anyway? I know very few here do! I wouldn't ask anyone here in ghost stories what they think... They are not professional advisors and could give you a wrong way of thinking. Be Ware!
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
When you said it grabbed around your waist and it could feel your warmth... Ghosts are supposed to be cold, so it might have been your daughter. Maybe you should call a priest or the owner before you.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
Sometimes ghost takes over peoples soul, because they were around and know their host very well. But, you need to pray from the heart, and make them aware you true conviction to God. Mention his name, which they hate and they will leave you alone. Try finding somewhere else to live, is the best option. If this never ever happened to you before, why it happened in this apartment.
Take care
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
hhmmmmm. It sounds like it could either be a demon, or just your imagination. (no offense) I would guess it was a demon though. My advice to you would be to seek help immediately. If things still happen, I would recommend moving. Good luck.
Scared (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
I have definitely thought about addressing this entity or whatever it is and asking what it wants, but it seems to be not very nice and when it's pulling my hair and grabbing my legs, I'm a little too freaked out to cry out, much less talk to it. Thanks for the idea though.
storyluver (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
I don't really know if this will be too smart of an idea or maybe just crazy but, have you tried talking to the ghost? Ask if it needs help or what it wants. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: