You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Friend's Birthday

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend's Birthday

 

This happened on the eve of my friend's birthday. We wanted to surprise Joe and got some booze and a cake and were planning to go in around 12 am to surprise him and wish him a happy birthday. He was staying in an apartment with his elder bro. His bro knew the plan before hand and we had it planned well.

There were around twenty of us waiting for midnight. We parked our vehicles in the street perpendicular to the apartment. It was a dim lit street, quite lonely too. This didn't disturb us a single bit. Joe and his bro were the only bachelors staying in that apartment and any trouble caused would land up on their shoulders. So we all planned to sneak up in pairs. By eleven forty most of us were inside, except for the four of us waiting downstairs, as we had to take the things up. In no time at all the other two guys went up with the cake and the booze. We couldn't wait to get our hands into that.

Before the two of us could leave, my friend initiated for us to have a smoke before we left. It was around this time I got a call from an old friend of mine, my childhood sweetheart if I were to be clear. So this call was more important than going to a shop nearby for a smoke. He understood this and proceeded towards the shop. I was sitting inside an auto that was parked at the rear end of the street. I was on the phone and could see my friend leaving to get us smokes. There wasn't much light, I saw a woman coming down the street through the rearview mirrors in the auto. I knew a person was walking towards me but paid less attention, she approached towards me and walked past me.

I didn't have eye contact with the person nor did I look towards the person. I just saw her at the corner of my eye and was least bothered about the character only thinking it was human. But later this turned out differently; when the person walked cross me the call got cut. We were in the middle of a conversation and it cut abruptly. I immediately looked at the character walking across me and then put my head down to try another call. But my head didn't stay down. I could smell something burning and it was coming from the person who was walking across me. As she went across, there was a car parked to the right of her, she attempted to go towards the right but in an instance she sped towards the opposite side.

This wasn't a joke she vanished in fractions of seconds, just how a smoke bomb goes up. I knew she wasn't human at all and driven by my curiosity I walked towards the place she was going towards to find a small Hindu temple on the other side of the car. The car was blocking the view of the temple, the apparition should have been startled by that religious structure I guess. I was standing there confused, and I got another call. The friend of mine who went to get cigarettes saw something move towards the street a few minutes ago. This didn't register in our minds as we had things to do. But thinking back that I was alone in a street where a ghost had passed gives me goose bumps all over and whatever it was it didn't mean any harm to me.

Many auto drivers have reported the same incidents of this lady; she had burnt herself to death. People say that her soul still revolves around the places she lived.

Other hauntings by blank

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blank, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pallavi (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
very horrible! Is your friend who was living there saw it anytime.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
sanjeevgeorge-
From my understanding ghost are spiritual energy and all energy has a wave form of some sort. The sun puts out lots of energy and across lots of wave forms think about the full spectrum of light we aren't even able to see all of it. I would imagine that this amount of energy reeks havoc with the weak less stable energy spirits have not to say spirits are weak but it seems difficult for them to manifest at all with out the added interference. I guess sound would be a better example if we are standing in a construction zone with all the heavy machines going I could be right next to you yelling but you still would not be able to hear or understand what I was saying. I believe the sun is kind of like that. I do not think that spirits do not exist during the day I just think there is to much interference for us to notice them. Could be completely wrong though this is just one theory.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
why do ghosts always attack people at night? Why not in the daytime?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
Like it that Ghosts/spirits are always scared of anything related to 'God'... 😁...JAI HANUMAN...
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
[at] Preeti - Thanks for the concern, but it depends, some souls aren't bothered about the environment, its a routine they follow everyday.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
Well you are lucky that you are safe until now... These people are very stubborn and can cause you death

God bless ❤
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
And guys guess you'll be knowing this, a person who knows to swim can't commit suicide in water. It is said that you might be in the most difficult situations but after attempting to kill yourself you will strive to live. Rest in Peace the people who have taken their very own lives.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Guys thanks for your comments, and hey langel your trying to make some sense. Thanks.
langel (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
The woman must have been upset, causing her to set herself into flames. When she was on fire... Her mind must have changed. She had more she wanted to do in he life. When she died, she was comfused. She had a reason to stay alive keeping her in the middle... But The only thing in her mind was sorow and wanting to die. Seeing herself alive, she disided to do the thing she had already done, Burn herself alive. Ghost tend to go to the places they have lived in and repeat things over and over again.
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Dude I want to know how the suprise went! Nah only kidding that's pretty scary try and research on that area on do a little ground work, those hindus showed her! LOL hope the spirit finds peace, as I hope do you.

Trust in the lord forever:D.

Webbstah
mimroro (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
thats messed up yo. Id run her over yo. No offense. Why are you buying booz lol. Just kidding 😕
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Hobbyholly thanks for the comment, not that kind of stuff, but a little more like abruptly ended lives still stuck at their same physical places.

Haunted 86 thanks for the comment.
Haunted86 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Things happen that you wouldn't think would happen especially with a car but people die and things like that
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
"Many auto drivers have reported the same incidents of this lady; she had burnt herself to death. People say that her soul still revolves around the places she lived."- Is this like a "White Lady" legend? Sounds like it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: