You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Black Dust Falling From Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

Black Dust Falling From Ceiling

 

I myself have never seen a ghost or so I think, at least not the kind of life like apparition everyone claims to have seen.

I moved into an apartment in NJ 5 years ago. After one year or so I started to see what appeared to be black dust floating down from the ceiling or like black ink being dripped into water. At times I thought it just to be that of dust, but I tried catching it and it was gone or nothing there. I thought maybe I was seeing those colors you see after you look at a light for too long, but then my cats started to react.

One of my cats would start meowing and looking up then do that crazy side to side action like she was hunting something and then would try scaling the wall, (she got pretty high too) my ceilings were at least 10 ft, she got about 6 ft high.

I always used to try and see what she was after, but alas, nothing there. I thought maybe she was sick in the head until my other cat started to speak periodically (little meows, not English). When I moved and she had to go live with a friend of mine I started to see these black things again in my room.

I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this or can take a gander at what they might be? I know some of you may think I have to be a better housekeeper, but I am in a house which is impeccably clean these days and see them still.

A friend of mine has seen them as well says for her they come out about 3 am.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheDemiurge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
3 AM is the demonic witching hour - it mocks the hour Our Lord died on the Cross, and the Holy Trinity. Try (Catholic) Holy water and rebuking it in Jesus' name. The Rosary and sacraments help, also. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
hmm that sounds really interesting. The only thing I can think of is that a few times I've seen this black swirling stuff hanging out just above my husband's head. It kind of looked like ink in water just swirling around and it stayed there a good 20 seconds each time before it disappeared. I think that was a spirit however. I've also seen on occasion ghosts appear next to him or even look at him but he never notices. He has seen many ghosts before though and is not scared of them at all. Maybe this is related to what you are seeing and maybe it isn't just a thought.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Longostino (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
I've experienced something similar, about two years ago:

My husband and I were asleep, (not sure of the time) and I awoke suddenly. As I was lying on my back and opened my eyes, complete horror and fear took over me- there was a black 'mist', if you will above our bed and just below the ceiling... Our bedroom was completely dark, however this form was PITCH-black and carried with it an evil energy. I was overcome with a feeling so terrifying that I couldn't even muster up the courage to reach over and wake my husband or even speak. The only thing I felt power enough to do at that moment was cover my head, which is what I did.

I know the difference between my dreams (no matter how real they seem) and reality. This was reality- no doubt in my mind. I've had other unexplainable experiences within my lifetime, but none this recent that have terrified me to that point.

My thoughts, are that it was an evil spirit able to manifest itself enough to where I could visably see it only for the fact that I were awoken from a dead sleep. If I were wide awake, pretty sure I'd never had noticed/seen it, because of the psychological gaurd I have up in order to ignore things I can't handle! 😨

I wouldn't attempt to envoke this "dust/mist" if I were you. I've pretty much done everything in my power to ignore, or pass off any negative energy I sense and believe that is the safest way. I know they're there sometimes, but don't desire indulging the notion... Simply because it scares the sh*t out of me... It frightens me for a reason, because it's evil. I've also had non-frightening experiences, but that's a different story. Ignore the bad, don't let on that you're aware, or they may get comfortable in your fear.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
I don't believe that it has anything to do with, ghost. (spirits or entities.) I am not sure what this is actually. Thanks for sharing your story with us just the same.
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
wolf real: I know what you are talking about with the slited eyes though. I noticed depending on the house or structure that I am in at the time, that the particles move at a faster or slower rate. Sometimes I see the splotches of color or light but other times, its just fuzz like static on a tv. But that only happens at certain houses. I think its the energy or something but that's not the black stuff that I saw coming from the ceiling. That, indeed was something different with no relation to the glares of the light bulb or something you see when you close your eyes. Besides this would mean that me and the cats have the same problem.
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
thank you for the insight everyone. Wolf real: I had my eyes checked a while back, everything checked ok. My friend is actually not going along with me on this though, I had told her about this and described to her at first that it looked like dust, SHE was actually the one who said ink into water even though that's what I was also thinking about it. She basically took the words out of my mouth.
langel (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
I wish I could help. I see them in my gran grans house hold. Its comfusing though becase mine seam to come and disapear after 10 minutes Is that what yours do? If not then I'm even more comfused. 😕
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
wow a bunch of people just joined to comment on this story. Hmmmmmmmm...
SylentPhantom (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
TheDemiurge I have seen what you are talking about. Main thing is don't panic. Both my cats respond to it too. I call them inkies. I see them more as an ink like substance all though I have also see them like a black dust. They normally hang out on the ceiling or corners of rooms sadly I don't know much more then that.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
The great thing about truth MaskedLion is that it does not change with the weather. It is constant ans stead fast. You would do well to know that.
MaskedLion (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
I have seen ink like demons or spirits for a while myself. I am not the only one who has experienced it, my girlfriend has seen them too, she saw them long before I knew her, ironic thing was. She brought them up, not me.

Just be careful, my friend.

"The Truth isn't always in our comprehension." 😲
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
hmm, well its probably not a problem with your eyes if your friend has seen them aswell. And at 3am, that's never a good sign 😜
The thing that's very interesting was not being able to touch and hold them and especially your cats reaction to them.
I really don't know what to say,
Thanks for sharing
Take care
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Scaryboy not true - ghost also fear me because I prove they do not exsist. TheDemiurge - my honest opinion is that you should see an eye doctor. Your friend may be just going along with you but not really seeing these things. The rods or cones of your eyes may be damaged so that when in low light levels or switching between a bright room and then dark you see these things because the information going from your eyes to your brain is incorrect.

When I close my eyes and look just through slits I can see odd things. I actually believe I am either seeing fine particals (dusts or something) or perhaps even cells. It looks something like it might look like if you were looking through a mircoscope at a sliced bit of onion. Not exactly the same but its the best I can explain.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
really what you said is absolutely correct because cats feel the ghosts. They defenetely see the ghosts. It is even proven fact that ghosts are feared of only two things in this real world. They are
1) GOD
2) cats
Since they cannot handle with the gods, they make friendship with the cats. So our elders even say that black cats are ghost friends and advise them not to see.
YOU ARE IN SAFE HANDS BY KEEPING A CAT AS YOUR PET. No ghost can harm you until a cat is you beholder. Wvwn it is great that you cats starts meowing and when it does again just grab a infrared camera and look through you may see the ghost
Scaryboy
Scaryboy
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
one more thing:
I realize now at the end of your story, you explain it is happening in your current home. I stated, I didn't know that. I take full responsibility for missing that at the end of your story. I was at work and multi-tasking and must have not read it. I apologize. Once again, I was no way trying imply your story is made up OR disprove it.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
TheDemiurge
Ok ok
I didn't know it was happening in your current home. I don't think you're looking for attention or anything like that. I'm NOT trying to disprove you. I merely made a suggestion.
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
to hobby holly: plus if that's the case about what your saying, then maybe what happened to your cat had to do more with his mental health or possibly a cat peed in the room where he was hissing you know? If I am coming off as hostile, I don't mean to, its just that in a former posting of yours, you tried to prove the very thing your trying to disprove in mine and let me just state that I am not looming for attention on this thing, I just thought that maybe someone else saw what me and a friend both see while at opposite ends of the country.
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
hobby holly: It wasn't anything to do the apartment physically. It happenend there and my current home. So what ever it is, its following me, and my friend. Plus, my cats reaction to the same thing tells me there is nothing wrong in that way about the apartment.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
I know you stated you keep a clean apartment. Have you tried having a maintenance/landlord look at you (you rent right?) I might do that before jumping to something else
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Weird, this is new. This can't be an apparition or a part of a paranormal experience, but this is something stranger. You know about the marfa lights, nothern lights and stuff rite, maybe its something like that lol. I'll try gathering info on it and let you know. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: