You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Watching Me

 

I'm going to make this as short as possible.

I live in a 3 bedroom house in Montreal, it's always been generally quiet but a couple of months ago; I started to feel like someone was watching me. (I know this is quiet boring and is most likely going to be but bear with me) I have never seen it but I felt it watching me; mainly when I'm in my bedroom. I don't know who it could be because no one has died in this house and when ever I try to talk to it, it doesn't respond. I thought I heard it once say "Hi" in a deep almost smug voice. I think if it really is a ghost then it's a he, but I also believe it's a 'he' because whenever I feel its presence I always feel as though it's a he.

This hasn't been my first paranormal experience (if it is one). Once at my high school about 5 months ago I was walking back to my class room from the bathroom and no one was in the hall; I blinked and standing their for just a second was a girl at the end of the hall. She was wearing clothes that looked like the early 18th century. But as soon as I blinked she was gone. I rubbed it off as just seeing things, but after class I saw a picture of the girls that graduated from around that time and they were wearing the same type of clothing; so I was a bit spooked.

My second experience, this has nothing to do with ghost, Sometimes I lay in bed half awake and I have mini visions kind of like a big déjà vu on the whole day and then everything I see would happen.

I just wanted some advice because I don't really know what it is, but if it's a ghost I want to try to help it, I know it won't hurt me. I say this because whenever it's around I feel nothing but boredom and curiosity from it, but I also tend to feel pressure on certain places on my body for some reason. I don't know who he is but I also feel like he's a teenager maybe 2 or 3 years older, and sometimes I would feel a presence of a little girl and her father; (but that was only twice) I really just want to know if what I'm experiencing is or isn't paranormal and if I could help them.

Other hauntings by sarah12375

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sarah12375, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MEPIS (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
Hi Sarah,
I read your story today and I wanted to tell you that I can stress your concern on what's been going on. We are the first and only established paranormal investigation group in Montreal Quebec. Who study many cases along the years regarding haunting and other paranormal activities. I invite you to visit our newly launched website www.mepis.ca. Please drop us a line.

Rubis
(The Montreal Established Paranormal Investigation Society)
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
I will:) And I'll let everyone know; if I came up with anything.
Like I say all the time thanks for the comments!
Oh I also want to say that I tried meditating for my first time;and I saw my great grand-mother! She died when I was 2 but I've seen pictures of her so I knew it was her!
Angelaandmaxthedragon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
if you don't have one go buy a small type recorder and go in to a empty room or will whatever room the ghost/s are more active in. Push record and ask the ghost/s questions you want answers to. After each question wait a few moments before asking a another question. When you are done with questions even if it is just a few. Stop the type recorder and rewind to the beginning. Turn up the volume on the recorder and push play and you will hear your ghost/s talk to you and maybe you will have you answers. It worked/s for me. It can be scary what you hear on the type as a warning so good luck.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
The Entity (please don't use ghost use entity) is probably trying to make contact but it dosent have enough strenght to do so and the evp (electronic voice phenomanon) may help you conntact this entity.
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
I just thought I should tell you guys this:) last night I woke up at about 4:30 am so I tried to roll over and go to sleep but I felt really cold all down my back and kind of around my waist when I tried to move I couldn't I couldn't even move my head! I was totally freaked out; I started to hear the breathing in my ear. So I'm thinking at least he's not going to hurt me, but I looked at the front of the bed and a figure of a girl was standing their. I tried to yell but all I could get out of my mouth was "you" I closed my eyes and a second later I felt the weight come off my back. They were gone. I started crying because I was so scared. But the funny part about this story is my mom and my sister woke up at that time. My sisters room is right next to me but my moms is all the way down stairs so there was no way she knew what was going on.
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
I am looking forward to it.:)

On the 22nd of Feb, I will be with a ghost hunting group & they are going to teach me about EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomena). What ever program that they use to help weed out the EVPs I'll let you know.

Hopefully the program is free (& easy to use!), & if not, I hope it's not to expensive. But I will let you know regardless.
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
OK... I decided that tomorrow I'm going to go get a tape recorder:) Lets hope it works!
I'll tell everybody how it goes; if it goes well...
Again I want to say thanks to everybody who actually believe me. I tried to tell my friend once, yah she didn't believe me; she thought I was joking, or something. So thank you guys so much!
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Wow. Why do people leave such massive comments, may as well just write a story.

Anyway sarah... Usually I can't understand why people aren't so scared but ever since my first encounter I no longer get scared... Dunno why, listen you could always keep trying to communicate, or maybe even try anger or frustration to really show it you want to communicate.

Keep us posted and trust in the lord forever:D

Webbay
Domino (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Hi Sarah! For me, your story is easy to relate to. Variations of your experiences - the flashes of people who weren't there, for instance - seem familiar, as does the breathing you briefly mentioned. As you seem to be experiencing the whispers and voices you talk about on a fairly regular basis, maybe you could try to carry a small recorder with you whenever possible? Setting up sessions may of course be a good idea, but whatever is around - if there is something or someone around - may not comply with your schedule. If you have a recording device with you, you could just switch it on if and when you start hearing something again. Isolating voices on your computer may also help you determine whether the voice/s belong to real people, e.g. By what they are saying.

I wish you the best of luck with all of this. I'm afraid I can't help, but I'd be happy to "listen". So do keep us posted!
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Don't worry I always watch my back; I try you know it's kind of hard when you can't see them 😜 And to answer your other question it has been happening every day (the breathing thing and watching) for the past couple of months. A couple of days ago I've started to hear whispering but it's still to low for me to understand... And for those deja vu things about once every 1-2 months.
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
hey sarah, I believe that is a genuine story.
Maybe whatever you think is watching you, is tied to your room or needs help? Maybe you haven't heard this thing speak because it could either be deaf or mute. How many times has this happened? 😊
langel (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
Hmm, Still even if the ghost does not pose as a theat. Still watch your back ok. I believe you. Maybe he wants your help. That may be why he said hello? I need time to think about this. I'll try to post another latter.

-Angel
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Thanks for believing me guys. Only one of my friends truly believe me; so it helps... A Lot!
And when ever any of them are around I feel different things on different days. Most of the time I feel calm, some times antsy; only once or twice have I ever felt scared that he may do something bad. Usually I'm more scared for them though. I've tried to talked and it seems whenever I play music they whisper things and can't understand what they're saying but I hear muffled voices. Kind of like your in a full cafeteria and you ca here people talking but when you really try to hear them you can't. Anyways me and my friend decided were going to get a tape recorder and try hearing it tomorrow. I want to help. When ever I think about any of them I feel sad because there so close but I feel helpless. Like I should be helping them but I can't; I don't know how.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
hello sarah,
I know how you feel. One of my stories has the same thing, the intense feeling of being watched. Just so you know I really do believe you because when you have that feeling then you just KNOW that something is there. Its like a second instinct.
I honestly can't offer any truly helpful advice because I'm quite a novice to this sort of thing, but has he managed to alter your emotions? Like, you suddenly feel sad for no reason or excited?

Because of your feelings of "deja-vu" then you may be quite sensitive to the paranormal. Have you tried talking to him and encouraging him to move on? If you do then really listen to your emotions and how you feel, it could give you an insight to if you've helped him "cross over"

Take care, thanks for sharing 😊
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Thanks for the tips. Now when I said I was very attached to the house I didn't mean that I don't go out and do stuff. For example I just got back home from a sleep over. But something sort of strange happened; I don't know why these thing are starting to happen now? Maybe because I turned 13 (9 months ago) or puberty (I mean about the seeing and feeling things) but in that house I felt like I was being watched and when I was rinsing my hair I felt a cold spot on my higher arm. So I whispered that I was only here for a visit and won't harm anyone once I finished my speech I felt it again and then it disappeared.:S I really want to know why this has just started to happen and why it hasn't happened all my life? I'm very confused at the moment!
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Hi Sarah,

I know very little of the psychic abilities, & I am positive that other here will help steer you in the right direction.

I recommend you go to Indigo or Chapters book stores & look up the books there under Spirituality, or New-age sections.

I am trying to find a good book on Animal Guides myself. Lol

I nearly forgot. If you want to try to communicate with your guest, I recommend that you use a voice recorder. When you ask questions, remember to pause for a minute or two. While you may not hear anything, the voice recorder might. Get one with a USB so you can save the recordings on your computer. That way, provided you have the programs for it, you can digitally filter out any back ground noises so that all remains is your voice & your guest.

I am just learning about EVPs myself lol. This is all I know for now.

I wish you luck & please keep us posted.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Whatever it is has clearly detached you in someway from your normal activities. I would start going out a bit more for starters. Start doing the things you used to do, I think you will find the feeling of someone there with you will slowly fade.
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
thanks for the comments
Scaryboy: I fully don't exactly know if he is a teenager but when I heard I'm say hi it was in a deap voice that sounds like a lot of the guys voices at my high school so I figured he might be on; also when ever he's around in my head the word teenager pops up. And what do you mean about the 80% of people suffer? The attire the girl wore was a long cream farm skirt that went down to her ankles with a long white top I can't remember fully; sorry.
Deja vu is when something small happens but you feel like you've already done it; sorry it's kind of weird. Most people get it from time to time but it would only be about one small thing.
And if I am physic then is their a way I can control it?
sixsecondz (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
i feel the same sometimes in my room I feel something watching over me and when I'm downstairs I get the same feeling but watching me in the other room then sometimes when I walk to school I start seeing things like one time I seen something standing right next to a light pole then when I looked away then back it was gone
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
how can you he is a teenager ia agree that one can make out the gender by smell or voice as you said but how you know as teenager. Is the voice resemblant?
And well shall I say a thing to you, this kind of experiences will happen to atleast 80% of people and they suffer. It is definetely psychic... I dono the dress the canadians wear in 18th centuries. Can you explain it? And finally what is deja vu I don't know (really)
Scary boy
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
You are probably just psychic. And that's a good thing. Tells you what is around and what is going on even when you really don't. Seeing things as in deja vue I consider to be a good thing. It's like a protection from the world beyond. The presences you are feeling are probably right along side of you protecting you as well. 😊
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Thank for the answers their helping 😊 and to answer the question
Surya: I go out occasionally but not as much as I used to, I don't know why? Though in a way I feel VERY attached to the house. I have a great relationship with my family though me and my twin do fight on the occasion and they can get pretty nasty (she likes to hit) I haven't told anyone really but I did tell my friend that I feel like someone watches me especially in my room and showed her the places but she just blew it off, so I haven't told anyone else.
As for the deja vu well their really weird on occasion let's say for example I was in my washroom last night an I was thinking about what it would be like to live in the past then I just saw kind a like a flash back of the historical building where a guy used to live about 200 years ago and saw maid walking done one of the porches. Other times when I'm lying in bed half awake I'll see what will happen during the day (nothing interesting) just what I talked about with my friends. Then sometime I'll be doing something and feel like I've already done this (deja vu feeling.) Hope that helps.

Treasureseekers: the house isn't that old it looks like it was made in the 1970's maybe 80's, I haven't really checked if anyone dies here, I tried googling the address once but I got nothing. It is possible because I live about 5 minutes away from a lake that used to have a lot of cottages on it from about 100 years ago.
It could be a family member but I'm not too sure because I belong to 3 familys allans/patterson/rollins though I never heard of anyone whos died that young.

Hopevely he will be open to communicating one day I want to help. I think he's trying to make me less scared or is helping because ever since I was about 4 I've always loved ghost; but I was terrified of them. If anyones seen ghost trackers or ghost hunters I used to watch them when I was little and I would always feel so scared.

I also want to say one more thing that's been happening it's not that big. I've started to look at ghost photos and I would feel emotional (angry, scarred, annoyed, happy, sad) what could that meen?
For example I looked at a jail cell that had nothing in it but was reported that a ghost who killed himself is in there. As soon as I saw the picture I felt sorrow regret and anger; it was very overwhelming I almost started to cry (I think I did)
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Hi Sarah, & welcome to the site!

That is one curious experience you have there.

I do have some questions for you though.

How old is your house? Is there a possibility that a previous owner died there? Is it possible that the land once belonged to someone else way back when? You'll be able to find these answers by going to the city archives & look at the past owners & land deeds. Also, it could be a passed family member, like an uncle, great uncle, grand father, cousin, etc... That just came along to see how the family is doing & was curios to see of any "new" arrivals to the family clan. (Spirits have a total different sense of time than we do from my understanding. What's minutes to us, could be months, years or decades for them - or vice versa)

Also, from what I have been learning, spirits could also be attached to objects. It could either be a heirloom that has been passed down for generations (I have my grandmother's sewing machine which will be 100 years old in 2011 for example), or it could be something that was picked up at a yard sale, or flea market.

Good news is that he's not hostile, & because of that, he might be open to communications with you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Do you go out alot, what is the relationship like with your family. Have you told you parents about these strange feelings you have?

Déjà vu would you mind telling me some of things you see?
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Guess your seeing something, but they are different ones right. You have strong sensory powers and hence you can. You concentrate more on it and one day you would be able to see it. And heyy guys guess all of you are lucky enough to face less troublesome ghosts whereas in my case it's always quite opposite. Thanks for sharing these.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: