You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Wet Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Wet Ghost?

 

When I was 8 years old I was sleeping at my grandparents house. They woke up very early so I wanted to get up with them. I woke up and it was still very early. It was still dark. I got out of bed and started going down the stairs, I was going slow because I was listening to see if anyone was up. In the middle of the stair way I heard a girl whisper something in my right ear. It scared me so I ran up the stairs and hid under the covers.

I soon fell asleep. In my sleep I had a dream that I was being pulled under water. I must of been really holding my breath because I woke up coughing and choking. I got out of bed and looked out the window. It was nice and sunny out. I then realized that I was standing in puddles of water. I was all wet. My hair was dripping. I looked at the bed and the bed was sopping. There was water going down the walls and around the bed.

I ran down stairs and ran into my cousin who was going up. I bumped into him crying and screaming. He looked at me and asked me what happened. I grabbed his hand and took him up the stairs. It was only like 2 minute later and when we went into the room everything was dry. The bed was dry and the floor was dry. I was still wet. I went back down stairs and took a shower.

That was the first thing paranormal that has ever happened to me. My cousin never slept there again and neither did I. I now co-own the house and I am looking into the history of it. Apparently there used to be a church and cemetery there. The church closed because of a flood. I don't know about the cemetery. I am guessing someone must of died in the flood.

I have yet to go back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IreneBurke, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
It was sunny outside so I'm going to assume it was warm. Coupled with the nightmare you had I can only conclude you woke up in a puddle of your own sweat.
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
I have a question, you have yet to go back but you co-own the house? Where do you live? 😕
Fetishdude (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Hmm, maybe you were all wet, because of your sweat... Lol yeah anyway creepy man.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
That was scary... Do let let us know if youe cousin saw that you were wet or not.

Logan
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Hello, Thanks for sharing.

The images of the room/bed/walls and even the puddles on the floor all could have been carry over images from your dreaming of being underwater. This however does not account for you being wet and everything else being dry.

Not only were you still wet, but your cousin was witness to this fact.

How wet were you? Was it just your hair, or your PJ's as well? (wring them out wet or just damp?)

If history shows that a flood effected the area and a church did indeed stand on the sight a Ghost may have been trying to show you what happened to 'it' during the flood.

Thanks again for this encounter, keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
seriously weird, I really like this story.
Although it did remind me of when my sister used to chuck water at me to wake me up... Though that doesn't explain how your room dried up so quick
Great story, thanks for sharing
Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: