You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Friend's Grandpa Is Still Around

Real Ghost Stories

Friend's Grandpa Is Still Around

 

A friend of mine called Jabez lost his grandpa recently. I've been to his house a number of times and have exchanged few words with his grandpa. I couldn't make it to his funeral, so after two weeks I went to his place. Jabez's parents weren't home; they had gone to a church nearby. I could still notice that he wasn't much off the incident; he was quite close to his grandpa as his parents were working abroad. I greeted him, he was glad to see me; it's been years since we met. I didn't want to talk about the incident either, I met him outside his house and he walked me in.

He stays at the outskirts; houses are far apart from each other. We walked into the house, the moment I stepped in, I had a weird feeling set within me, because the moment we opened the door and stepped in, I felt someone walk upstairs, I didn't hear, I felt. This thought stayed longer in my mind, as I knew I would be troubling him more if I were to start with my creepy stuff. Before we could exchange a word, he started acting a little weird and really kept me troubled. He suddenly turned around, and ran upstairs. He walked into every room. I was startled with his behavior, he didn't respond to any questions I asked him. He kept chasing something or looking for something and he continued this for about fifteen minutes.

Quite fed up and confused, I called out for him. He responded this time, he returned from upstairs dripping in sweat. He looked at me and started crying. I couldn't react to this situation as I had no idea what was going on with him. Before I could console or relieve him from something that was bothering him, I heard a loud noise from upstairs. I rushed upstairs alone, to find no one there, but the noise was precisely from a room on top. It was his grandpa's room. The moment I broke into the room I felt something rush away from inside, to confirm this more, a flower vase fell down by its own. It felt really creepy and I rushed down.

I got his neighborhood friends to come down, Jabez had now calmed down. We asked him what happened and why he rushed to the top. He responded in bits and pieces. He said that the moment both of us entered in, he smelt his grandpa, and then he started to hear his grandpa calling for him from upstairs. This kept us both freaked. But still he hadn't had this kind of a feeling for over a month after him grandpa's death and his parents didn't have anything either. This feeling he had continues every Sunday.

Though I've had a lot of paranormal experiences this one is confusing.

Why is he seeing his grandpa's soul?

Why does he feel and hear from it only on Sundays?

Why doesn't anyone else feel the same thing?

Though I partially have a few answers for all these questions this is really confusing me. He is still experiencing this.

Any ideas why these things are happening.

Other hauntings by blank

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blank, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
His grandpa also seemed to be very close to him as well. As he was close to the family, he might be willing to stay with them in some way or the other.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
I think I can answer the last two questions...
If he, his family, or his grandpa was religious and went to church often it would make since. Church is on Sunday right? It would also make sense if that was the date in which his grandpa died (I feel so sad for him 😭) it would also make sense.

You mentioned he was very close to his grandpa which could be the answer your looking for. ❤

I find this sad 😭 too, too sad...
-HardToScare432
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
[at] Preeti - Thanks, maybe you should read the second part of the story 'The Ouija And Our Mistake' for an answer.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
I prefer you to do some PUJA in your friends home... Its really imp... Maybe his grandpa's not having relax I mean maybe kind of ATRIPAT... Means not happy soul... You should see to it...

God Bless ❤
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Hey guys thanks for the comments and suggestions, really mean it. My friend is still in a very much confused state. I'll let all of you know why this only occurs on sundays. Thanks for the support guys.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Just sounds like grandpa is still telling him he's around in spirit. He may not be stuck inbetween worlds but is able to move in and out of this dimension. It would be nice if your friend found comfort in this but doesn't seem to be the case. This is a common occurrance when people are recently deceased. It doesn't usually last.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
souss,

You have mentioned a careen now in many diffrent experiences and I think I know what you are refereing to but when I looked it up this is what I found...

"ca·reen (k-rn)
V. Ca·reened, ca·reen·ing, ca·reens
V.intr.
1. To lurch or swerve while in motion.
2. To rush headlong or carelessly; career: "He careened through foreign territories on a desperate kind of blitz" Anne Tyler.
3. Nautical
A. To lean to one side, as a ship sailing in the wind.
B. To turn a ship on its side for cleaning, caulking, or repairing.
V.tr. Nautical
1. To cause (a ship) to lean to one side; tilt.
2.
A. To lean (a ship) on one side for cleaning, caulking, or repairing.
B. To clean, caulk, or repair (a ship in this position).
N. Nautical
1. The act or process of careening a ship.
2. The position of a careened ship."

Now I'm sure this is a translation problem, but I would like to learn more about this 'spirit' you keep refering to. If possible please post a link or definition as to what you are refereing to.

Respectfully,

Rook
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Well, you did say he was close to his grandpa, that's probably the reason he's there... As for the sunday thing, I couldn't tell you.
Sorry I can't help more 😢 But good luck finding out more.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
blank

The confusion is quite understandable. Please keep us posted on anything you might find relating to the "sunday" occurrences. As I stated before, I hope your friend finds comfort in his grandfather's visits (no matter how confusing or abrupt they may be)
souss (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
the careen is sadly
Because he found you grandpa not in the room and he know that something bad is overcom with the grandpa and he know that you grandpa is dead god bless, sadly times for him because you grandpa lived with him without you grandpa knew it and the careen have great memorys with you grandpa, it is like you lose your brother 😢
souss (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
hy this is not you real grandpa this is the partner (careen) that is lived with you grandpa thil he dea, know the devil who apear like you grandpa is hi partner, everybody has a partner under the devil called careen, and everybody has a angel as protector, iff you obbey god the angel gain more power, if you disobbey god, the devil gain more power, iff you house is haunted, please take a cdplayer and put some koran verse, because devils burn if they hear koran, for more info contact me:sophie_koolen [at] hotmail.com 😉
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Sure and thanks for these suggestions. Rather than saying we were scared, it would be precise to call us confused. Because a lot of things aren't clear with these incidents. About the sunday thing, am gathering info on what they were upto on weekends guess this would make some sense.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Why is he seeing his grandpa's soul?-If he was close to his grandfather, the connection has stayed past death. My grandfather passed away in 03'. I still have moments, where I'll be at home, my parent's place, even a store and "smell" his cologne. When you're close to someone you loved and they've past, it doesn't always mean "thats the end".

Why doesn't anyone else feel the same thing?-Maybe other family/friends do feel something. Maybe not the EXACT same experiences. Maybe they hear something. Or feel him in a different way. Everyone is different.

Why does he feel and hear from it only on Sundays?-Was sunday a "special" day for the two of them? Would they talk on sundays or visit? Or it just could happen to be sundays are a good time for the deceased grandfather (a little humor there).

Anyway, I don't think you're friend or you should feel scared. If nothing has harmed you or fully troubled you, take it as a visit from a loved one.

Hope I was of some help

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: