You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ritual Failure, Or A Successful Conjure Of A Pushy Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Ritual Failure, Or A Successful Conjure Of A Pushy Spirit?

 

I've always been enchanted by the occult. When I made a spiritual bond with my first tarot deck after shopping with my friend (a coven leader), my curiosity bade me to get my feet wet and speak to an old acquaintance about speaking to those beyond the grave. Being a Communications major and intensely curious as to the workings of the mind and feelings after death, I thought it would be a good place to start. Not consulting my first friend (the coven leader) before the experience may have been a mistake, but I don't want to trouble him with such things if I don't intend to join his coven.

About a week ago, I had decided to get in contact with a medium I had spoken to online about conjuring ghosts. I originally had intentions of speaking to a particularly needy spirit who was desperate for contact- when she gave me the instructions about going about it and told me to keep several words and characteristics in mind during the ritual, I did so.

It took a few days of preparation. Luckily, with the latest storm, there was rainwater to be had, which was necessary for the preparation of homemade purified water. I'd been told that blessing rainwater with salt would increase its potency. In addition, I left two iron nails out in the night to charge in the moonlight, as I'd been instructed. I hadn't realized that I should have used more iron scraps, at the time.

Perhaps that was part of the problem.

Several nights ago, I laid out a dark blanket in my room, closing the doors and ensuring that I would have no disturbances. My younger sister, who has no idea that I've attempted to dabble in spirit communication, was happily ignoring me while playing on the computer in another room.

I poured salt out in a circle around me, as I'd been told, and placed the iron nails I'd sprinkled with the purified water and meditated, attempting to get in contact with the spirit.

Within minutes, as I relaxed and got into a deep trance, I felt something compressing my chest from the front. I swayed slightly, not fighting the sensation, but it was very insistent- I ended up leaning back, and what felt like a caress on my neck rose up to cup my chin, pushing my head back insistently, but not painfully. There was no chill, just a tingling sensation followed by pressure. When pressure was applied to my body, however, the tingling sensation wasn't present in the areas it was pushing.

I wondered at that point of my definition of 'attention-hungry' matched the spirit's definition. I wanted a spirit that would be thirsting to speak, as it would be an easier target to speak to than a reluctant one. But it wasn't speaking; it was pushing me down like I imagined a forceful lover would do.

What was strange is that I didn't feel at all apprehensive about it, but welcomed it. Normally, I can't stand people touching me around my neck or chest, let alone both- and being a virgin; no one's ever done that in person. I'm normally frightened by an attempted kiss, let alone having my neck exposed and my back arching from my torso being laid back!

Just when I almost teetered back out of the circle, the phone rang in the other room.

The presence vanished.

I tried to call it again later, but with the moon waning and so many clouds about, I'm wondering if I have to wait until next month to charge the iron scraps again.

What did I call? Was it really a spirit? Some kind of needy incubus?

Whatever it was... I'd like to see it again. Perhaps speak to it some more

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadowcat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
just be very careful whatever you decide. Doing that sort of thing in your house is a bad idea you can make it haunted that way. I know you said you wouldn't do it again, but what you say on here and what you actually decide to do is something altogether different. Take care of yourself and realize every action always has a consequence whether it be positive or negative.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
I am glad you have decided to stop doing this. This sort of thing, is like playing with fire. You're bound to get burnt.
Be careful.
Carpediem (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Iron nails charging in the moonlight, are you for real? No offense young man but I agree with the others, you should not brood on such things. If these things happen it is for a reason and should not be sought out. Get out of the house, pound a few with the boys and start chasing a little tail before this becomes a potential issue for you. Wish you only the best and hope no offense is taken.
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Ok sad to say that you need to get a real date instead of a ghost. I'm not going to beat you down on it though. What I wanted to tell you is that I've seen this before and some people find out later on that its not a good thing. If you want some more tips on how to keep safe just contact me at ouijacondom [at] hotmail.com
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Shadowcat, I am heartened that you listened and are changing course on this. Good for you!
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Good choice, ShadowCat. Now that you've relinquished the flatware, go out and have some fun in the "sunshine" world! The shadows can wait.
Your friend,
L.
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
😨 😐 be carefull what you wish for it could be more than you bargained four I know this from exsperence.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
fascinating story, but unfortunatly if I extend my post I'l just be echoing what everyone else has said.
Thanks for sharing and I'm really glad you've listened.
Take care 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Good idea. Go out and live in the light. You are young. Enjoy your life. When I read of these cases it's usually the same scenario. Plain old "frustration". Don't worry, all that stuff eventually works out and you don't need some incubus/succubus to lend a hand (no pun intended).
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Well that's good to hear 😉
(I can't post any more until I have more words... There we go 😜)
Shadowcat (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
...

Thank you. No, seriously..._.

That slap to the face was just what I needed, you four posters.

I've put my things away. I'll keep away from this in the future.

Thank you for letting me know about the possible repercussions for my family- it's the last thing that I ever wanted to endanger.

Thank you to you all. Earnestly.:3

-Shadowcat
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
I agree with Lisamax and Hoochler: Stop while you can. And again, with lisamax, don't endanger everyone else in your family.
If your intrested in a relationship find someone on this plane of exsistance.
This is for your own good and everyone in your families.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
This sounds like your fantasy world to me you need to get a grip. A incubus ussually attacks when you are sleeping no always but you could have imagined it or have conjoured up something in your mind I defanitly would not classify this as paranormal. And I agree with lisamaxw don't do this stuff when others are in the house unless they are particapaing who now how bad it can f&%$ someone else or your house do it in a cemetary or some abandoned house
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Oh, honey. You need some help. Really.

A few observations to back-up that contention: (1) You have a significant fear of intimacy. Not just physical, but emotional/psychological/social intimacy, as well. (2) You are afflicted with a disorder common among many young people -- "arrogant naivete." You believe that you possess the power to "control" whatever entity takes a fancy to you. Good luck with that one! That fallacy is going to cause a lot of trouble in your life. (3) Conceit/self-centeredness. Are you ACTUALLY doing these things in YOUR PARENTS' HOME? (This, based on the fact that your "younger sister" was in the next room while you were playing with the dead.) Very UNcool, Shadowcat. You have NO RIGHT to invite something like this into your parents' home! You are putting everyone at risk. Wait until you get a place of your own, if you want to continue with this idiocy. If you want to disrupt your own life, that's your choice. Don't drag everyone into the cesspool along with you.

Honey, I feel like I'm watching you prepare to stick a fork in a light-socket. I'd say "please, stop!" but I don't think you'd listen, anyway. What a shame.
L.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
See it again and speak to it some more? From your description you neither saw it nor had a conversation with it. It sounds like the only interaction you had with this spirit was touch.

If it was an incubus, you shouldn't need moon-charged iron to attract it and this could easily become a case of careful what you wish for very quickly.

Some things are easier to start than to stop, sex demon relationships fall into that category. If you are a virgin, you have a whole life of boyfriends and relationships ahead of you.

An incubus would most likely not take kindly to that kind of a future for you. An incubus at such a young age would not be a good idea. It would distract you from attending to your life.

I urge you to stop your dabbling now while you can.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: