You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Advice On My Blurred Sight

Real Ghost Stories

Advice On My Blurred Sight

 

I live in Northern Ireland and my great great grandmother was a healer. I have also been blessed with the gift.

I would like some advice please.

My life has always been complicated. At a young age and growing up I was always ill and plants around me would die. But people always felt better. I always saw people who others could not. I spent a lot of my childhood trying to hide this from my family and friends.

But I am rambling!

I need to understand why my sight has changed. My grandmother died almost 3 years ago and I see her everyday. I find it difficult to not tell people when I see ghosts as I have always seen them. I recently told my mother and she really freaked out. She won't sit in the room with me for long.

The first time I met a ghost was when I was six. She was beautiful, shining and bright. She was sharp, in focus but as I got older my sight started to blur, it is not so sharp, or bright. I see my grandmother as a darker figure. Can anyone relate? Does anyone know why?

My nanny always seems surprised to see me and she is my confidante.

My fiancé never believed in ghosts until I told him about his grandfather.

I love to heal and help. If anyone needs advice please ask.

Anyone who knows why the shining has faded please tell me.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alliejokerr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

taggart (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Can you see person that someome asks you to see, I have lost a few very dear friends for me over the years just wondering if you could tell me if they are ok and happy?
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
i think its very cool that you have sight to begin with! Have you tried speaking with a pshycic or another seer to find out if there is way of training your mind to see better? A way of getting you "third eye" tested if you will 😁
awsomestpersonalive (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
Hey I think you sight has blured cause you've stopped trying to see the ghost cause as a kid you wana see somthing interesting so you look but as you mature you well... Grow up stop trying you know. I also have a gift I see and hear ghost I think but I normaly only hear them I've never actly told anyone that cause the'll freak out I'm only saying it online cause you guys don't know know me 😁 well... I think I hear more because I'm usly afread to see there faces so I look for voices and I'm not saying anyone can see or hear ghosts its just some of us are special (and I don't mean special ed 😆) well I guess that's all I have to say sorry your grandma passed away


Celeste
GeenuhTheGenocideBearr (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
A healer? Sweet! Most of all the women in my family have this gift too, including me. I don't like throwing it out there though. Anyway, you see your grandmother, EVERYDAY? Wow, that must not be very pleasant. I would hate that. I often have paranormal experiences, but thankfully not everyday. I feel bad for you in a way. 😐 But anyway, I probably could help you out, but I'm not totally sure about my answer, so I'm going to suggest you get advice from someone else. 😁 Take care.
JBarum (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
The only thing I can think of is when we are young, we seemed to be more in tune to the spirit world... That's why kids see ghosts and others can't. Sometimes when we get older, we lose touch with this realm... I used to see a lot more things when I was younger than I do now... Not sure why... Maybe we have more energy when we are younger or are able to focus more... Don't know.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Hi welcome to YGS. Thank you for sharing this with us. The first thing that popped into my mind as I read your experience/question was this question; do you think your abilities have been dampend by the constant doubt that you seem to have run across in your life? If someone is told they can't do something enough times, especially by the people they love and that mean the most to them, then they will start believing they can't do what ever it is the people say they can't do. Is there anyone close to you that supports your belief in your abilities? It sounds to me like you accepted your abilities and have tried to make the best of them. I hope that you will always believe in yourself and the abilities that God has granted you. I hope this has helped. God bless. 😊
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
I won't read any comments (sorry whitebuffalo this is your thing) You might abe a medium and your grandmother may be a dark figure because she dosent have enough energy to make herself that visable watch out this gift can turn bad. I will now read other comments.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
We never truly lose our gifts as we age, they just...change. Some people choose to walk away and say, "Oh well...it's over", and they ignore their gifts trying to break through. Other folks, well, they embrace their gifts, and then there are people like me, who don't have a choice, the gifts won't leave us alone for even a quiet five mintues. My point?... Everyone is different, and I cannot say what it means for you, but it sounds like your gifts are still there, just not as important for your working mind to wrap around any longer. I wouldn't worry bout it. I went through a period of time where I had hoped my gifts would lesson, but they grew stronger as my journey changed. We evolve, and we regress. We ebb and flow in our emotional state, and things... Change often. Concentrate on the good things, the memories you have of your Grandmother. Don't fret over what is happening with your gift. Maybe your gifts are being developed to do other things, and the "shining" isn't what is important in your journey any longer...
treasureseekers (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Hi Allie, & welcome to the site.

Unfortunately, I too cannot relate, as I never quite had the same experiences when I was a child.

I do have to agree with Lazria, that as we tend to grow older, we tend to lose our gifts, because of our experiences in life, being told to "grow up, you don't see anything!", casting aside our faith in ourselves, & relying on logic for our answers, and/ or even becoming cynical in nature.

But with that being said, could it be possible that your abilities are now just changing from what you can see, to something else? Like something very similar to the old saying "where one door closes, another opens"?
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
If this started when you were young, then perhaps the sheer act of growing up has lessened the effect. They have always said young innocent children see things clearer than adult. Our experiences may cloud over our 3rd eyes (all or just to some degree). Hopefully someone else who has something similar will come along better advice, but this is all I can offer. Sorry. Good luck:)
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
I can't help you, but I'm sure if you ask around you'll find people with similar "powers" that can. Maybe you'll find some here? I don't know, I haven't been around long enough 😜 Best of luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: