You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dear Cousin's Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

My Dear Cousin's Goodbye

 

One of my cousin was diagnosed with cancer but it was too late for treatment, she lived only few months after the diagnosis. She was only 35 or 36, not sure, would have to check. She had a rough life, had problems finding jobs and when she had one, her co-workers were not nice to her. She had a little lack of oxygen when she was born so sometimes, she would react differently from us but she was a really nice and sweet person.

2 years ago, on April 29th, I went to bed around 10:45 PM. As I was trying to find a comfortable position to sleep, my eyes started "crying" and I suddenly felt sad. I thought about my cousin, who was in a hospital more than one hour away (in my mind, she was not sick enough to die so soon) but I immediately "felt" her at the end of my bed. I was not able to see her, she was not talking at all or making any noise and she didn't touch me but I could FEEL that she was there. Then, it felt like if she wanted me to know that she was taking few seconds to tell me goodbye before leaving forever, that she was feeling good (actually, she gave me the impression that she was full of energy) and she was finally "free" (of her cancer, health conditions and all the problems in her life). She seems busy like she had so many things to do so she left after only few seconds. I cried for few minutes after that; I was not sure if it was real, if my cousin was in coma or if she was really dead.

I received an e-mail from one of her brothers the next day, saying that my cousin died on April 29th, a bit before 11 PM... I was in shock!

Today, I still miss her but at least, I am 100% sure that she is OK, happy and free. Her short visit is one of the best gifts someone gave me. I really hope that her next life will be better than the one she just left.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndieMTL, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
Aww,you poor thing! It is sad when a member passes on. She just wanted to know she loved you and is no longer suffering. My grandma did that once. I wish I wouldn't have run away and ruined her good-bye.I am glad to hear she and you are okay.
ghosthuntermk2 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
well everyone I know belives that there's life after death but I to have had an experience like this along time ago well 2005 my nan died on christmas day but I felt it it actually woke me up 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
What a wonderful blessing to receive that one last visit and goodbye! It amazes m when peole we love care enoguht o come and see us as they, or after they pass on?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: