You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Little Lady Says Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Little Lady Says Goodbye

 

I have worked in an ER on midnights for about 10yrs now and there are some seriously strange things I have seen and heard. One stand out the most was a sweet little elderly lady I had as a patient. She came from a nursing home and was well into her 90's. Now we see a lot of

Patients and people die on a daily basis in my line of work but this was so strange. My little lady was pretty sick but was still very alert mentally, we had made her comfortable and given medication to make her feel better, she was resting nicely when I walked out of her room and continued my rounds.

While I was coming back to the nurse's station there she stood at my end of the station looking around for me, I said Honey what are you doing up. She smiled and said "I wanted to let you know I am leaving now and thank you for your help." I kind of laughed and said Honey you can't leave, come on let's go back to bed. She went right back to her room with me, when we entered the room she said I think that man is waiting on me. I looked around but did not see anyone, she said he was standing in the corner of her room, still I seen no one.

I put her back in bed and back on her heart/blood pressure monitor made her comfortable and left. It was not 10 minutes later her monitor went off letting me know her heart had stopped. We all ran into her room and tried life support and various other things but she was gone. This was a shock to me, not 10 minute earlier this woman was up smiling, walking and talking to me.

I think she knew she was going die or the unseen man told her it was time to go. I was very sad that my patient had passed away, but somehow I knew she was OK where ever she went. I have some other stories of strange things in the ER I will write later on.

Zukismom

Other hauntings by ZUKISMOM

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZUKISMOM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Reading your story has made me feel so good.
I give all nurses, especially those of you in the ER the utmost respect, it's nice to hear that you were able to give her some love and comfort as she was crossing into the next world. I think she was trying to do the same for you before she left.

Hugs,
Joanne

Www.myangelspeak.com
Akatsuki07 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
A very interesting story 😁. Your story have similarities with the T.V series "ghost whisperer"
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
wow interest and sound like a nice story and she knew it was her times and when you died you won't feel nothing no pains.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
That is a sweet story. She was very attached to you, you cared for her enough for her to come and say her farewell. The man, if she had not referred to him as the man, then I would be inclined to say it was her husband, or another family member.
dwagon (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
wow that must of been sad for you to of seen well as long as it wasn't a real ghost that could of hurt you or your family

Love dwagon
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
I believe all of your postings are on point, the man in the corner may have been an angel or death coming to guide herhome.
I feel very blessed that I had the experience and that I may have a new guardian angel watching over me. I have some other experiences I will share as I get time. Thanks so much for reading and responding
Be blessed to all
Zukismom
GeenuhTheGenocideBearr (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Awwww. Well, hopefully she's in a better place now. Maybe it was an angel? Haha who knows. 😊
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Hi ZUKISMOM, thank you for sharing another of your experiences with us. I don't know if you have read any of my experiences but I too work in a hospital and have seen strange things. It's good to hear that there are still people in the medical profession that have feelings and really care for their patients; my hat is off to you 😊. So many of the people I work with have such a callous attitude that it saddens me sometimes. I agree with the other posters in that she knew her time was near and she wanted to let you know how grateful she was for your care. I look forward to reading your other experiences. God bless.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Very interesting; I wonder who the man was. I believe she is at peace, and she knew that she would be too. She came to personally thank you for your help; it's obvious you had a major impact on her. Very interesting.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
well the man could have been death or an angel hard to tell which wihtout any further detail which I also believe you told the story to the best possible detail. Good story
ghosthuntermk2 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
well that's intresing so I would like you to reply to this what do you think of this I have a numerous theory well number one is similar to what my antie said to me I am the only one to know this in my family well my ant only two days before she died 😢 but as my ant was talking to my nan she was worried that her time was coming and that creeped me out theory two that death was visible to her and not you as its not your time maybe well who knows you seem belivable so I trust youre story is true 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: