You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: 3:00 am Phenomenon

Real Ghost Stories

3:00 am Phenomenon

 

I did have a bad experience about 4 years ago. But I think that I might have brought something with me when I went to that country where they worship demons (praying and giving them offerings so that they don't get troubled by them). I went to visit ancient sites when they had a lot of those worshipping hotels. I was kind of curious and I approached a lot of those. At times, I felt my ears were like blocking, couldn't hear properly. Afterward, I became weird and had bad thoughts (very unusual coming from me...).

After I returned home, I felt weird. I was seeing shadows out of the corner of my eyes. I surprised myself talking to it many times. One night my daughter woke up around 1:00 AM, crying, just to tell me that she had a bad dream and that she saw me being sucked up by a black tornado. I was still on internet searching for ghost and spirit stuff. Then I went to sleep.

At exactly 3:00 am I woke up from a nightmare. My heart was pounding like it was going to burst out of my chest. I never ever felt my heart so loudly pounding of my whole life! Then, suddenly, the TV turned on by itself. I got freaked up and told my husband about it. We woke up and then we were in total disbelief! Having not found any explanation to this, we went back to sleep.

The following night, same scenario. Nightmare, woke up at exactly the same time 3:00 AM heart pounding, TV turns on on its own, showing some worshipping temples. The same kind I saw in the country I visited (I prefer not to mention what country and what religion were the temples out of respect). The day before I had tuned the TV on that channel that has shows on spirituality. This time my husband prayed in front of the TV and then went back to bed.

On the 3rd night, I went through the whole thing again. Nightmare, opened my eyes looked at the clock's red numbers... 3:00 am. I really got pissed. I called my husband up and I said "That's enough!". I wasn't afraid anymore. I was totally pissed off! I told my husband "I brought it here, I'm the one who has to kick it out!". A sudden strength fulfilled me and I started to pray loudly, claiming clearly that my family belonged to God. And that I wanted him out of my life and that I wasn't afraid of him (I don't know why I felt it was a HIM). My whole body was trembling (I'm having goose bump when writing up this part) and the TV started to turn on and off until it finally turned off for good. I never felt so strong of all my life... ever. I was like a lioness protecting her territory and challenging an intruder.

I never had problems after that night when I stood up to it. But I was curious to know why 3:00 AM ? The weekend after, my pastor told me the whole thing about the evil 3:00 AM hour. I was shocked ! I am relived to see I'm not the only one that it occurred to, maybe differently but still the same hour...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
Why were you so curious about the worship temples & worship demons country? Not to sound like a total ignorant meanie but it sounds like you brought that on all on your own.
Every one knows that when you go out looking for trouble, trouble FINDS you.
Over all hope you learned your lesson and don't backtrack into what you were doing that got you in this situation in the first place.
Hope all is well! And may you continue life with Our good Lord Jehovah. ❀
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
Walkingdeadgirl,

We have 'debated' the 3am... 3 knocks... 3 scraches...ect... All to Hades and back again on this site. So I will sum up all previous arguments and say this...

Imitation is the Sincerest form of Flatery. Which is NOT what demons intend when...IF...they are involved with a Haunting.

I do agree with this part of your comment...

"He also rose on the 3rd day." This is taught to EVERY Christian.

Respectfully,

Rook
Walkingdeadgirl8384 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
3 am or anything in threes is a way of demons or the devil mocking the trinity. Jesus was also believe to have died at 3pm so the 3 am would be significant there as well. He also rose on the 3rd day.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
strange I grew up always thinking 11pm to 12am was known as witching hour πŸ˜•
Charles_Edward (3 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
[at Johnconstantine] "Dead time", "witching hour", "devil's hour", the "hour of the wolf", etc, etc, etc are long time myths; mainly from christianity and has evolved from ancient Egyptians, Summeians and Babylonians. It is also believed that 3am is the "devil's portal" because it's the least amount of light in the world, causing the barrier between realms to weaken. In all reality, if spiritual incursions commence, it may be due to a peak in negative energy for the entity or entities to actually manifest at the same time everyday. [at Valerie] I would go with what rook says. I am not an expert within all this but I have had my moments and experiances.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
Veronika - thank you, and if our administrator doesn't reply right away, don't give up. They're busy with site stuff also, but will get to your email as soon as they can 😊
Veronika (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
Thanks for this. I will follow the proper protocols - sorry for being a nuisance
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Hi Veronika,
I do have a personal question I would like to ask, if you'd like to contact me at pjod321 [at] aol.com -that way we need not hijack anyone's thread here in this forum. Thanks, hope to hear from you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Veronika - I guess you must have missed this message from our mod, zzsgranny, when she posted it on the last story you commented on. So I'm copying it for you so you don't miss it again.

"Veronica: You may notice that your posts are disappearing. We highly frown upon spamming in the comments threads, but there is a solution to this. At the top of the page, you'll see a link that says "Contact". This link will allow you to discuss with our Administrator, Martin, about having a space on the home page in the announcements section.

Please stop posting in our members' comments threads. Thank you! 😊"
Veronika (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Hi Valerie, I am a casting director and television researcher based in Toronto. We are making a TV show about people who have had these types of encounters, so I am looking for stories and yours is fascinating.

We have made shows for History Television, The Discovery Channel and National Geographic in the past

We would of course pay you for your time and give you a DVD copy of the episode afterwards. Our producers believe in this project, and we want to make you look good on camera. We want our viewers to believe in your story, so you can trust that we are here for the right reasons.
Let me know if you are interested and I can go over everything

Veronika Tkach
Casting Director
Boxing Cat Productions
Rozemaiden (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
I'd really like to know what country worships demons. Seriously... Because I find that to be the most dubious of all the things claimed in this post. πŸ˜•
whatever (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
Thank you Miracles51031, zzsgranny.

Miracles51031 I know the mind is a very powerful thing & I'm also kind of skeptic about this all, but the thing is that, at that age I didn't know 3am was a "bad hour" or the devil's hour... I was totally clueless until I found out when I was around 25!

Another remarkable thing to me, is the accuracy of the red numbers in the alarm clock. Never 2:59am. Never 3:01am... Dead asleep, then my eyelids just opened (all of a sudden, like possesd) at EXACTLY Three a.m.; everynight for say 2-3 weeks.

I Always thought it was super weird, which is why I never forgot it, but learning about the 3am's meaning just put it in a different perspective.

Anyways... Who knows, right? I just hope it was nothing bad/demonic.

Zzsgranny: I know it wasn't scary; I didn't see or felt anything, but thanks regardless. I LOVE the site and will submit another more "ghostly" things that have occured to me. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
whatever: I was the one who evaluated your story. You should have received an e-mail explaining why your story wasn't published but anyway: this story is 6 years old and I wasn't an editor at the time πŸ˜†. If I recall, your submission was about waking up at 3 AM and had no other reference to anything paranormal. This story, on the other hand, has background info as well as other coinciding paranormal experiences.

I'll be looking forward to your future submissions, though! 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
whatever - I'm not sure why your story wasn't published, but I am sure there was a reason.

As for the 3 am thing, there are many reasons for waking at 3 am It can be psychological, especially if you have convinced yourself that 3 am is a "bad" time. Then again, it can be your body waking you. There are many, many reasons and it could be that none of them are evil.

For the record, as I'm sure one or more of our members said in the comments section of this story, 3:00 am falls right between 2:59 am and 3:01 am And I'm pretty sure not everyone's clocks are synchronized, so I don't know how that would work anyway. Demons around the world setting their clocks/watches/phones, etc according to what? Not mine that's for sure. Cause mine are set 8 minutes ahead πŸ˜‰

3:00 am is a time...that's it. No different than midnight. Or 6:00 in the evening. Or even 5:14. Just numbers on a clock.

I'm not making fun of you, I want you to understand this okay? When I was younger (much, much younger πŸ˜‰) midnight was the "evil time." I freaking HATED midnight. Scared me to death. I did everything I could to make sure I was asleep before then. If, heaven forbid, I was awake anywhere close to midnight, I would make sure I couldn't see a clock, that way I wouldn't know when it was midnight. Midnight scared me for a long time. I was convinced something horrible was going to get me if I was awake at midnight. Thankfully I got over that πŸ˜†

Seriously, our minds have a lot to do with it and once we figure that out, the rest gets easier.
whatever (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
When I was like 9 years old, for weeks I woke up EVERY night at EXACTLY 3:00am like, for no reason...
I submited the whole story, but don't know why it wasn't approved?ΒΏ

I experienced a similar thing to what Valerie did.

Vote YES for story #18294 πŸ˜†
yudayo (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
Hmmm, I may have to disprove some of the "devil's time thing", I do agree freaky stuff does happen, but I've awoken at three and everything in my room is normal, I wake up normally, I feel fine. What's up with that?
ilove1D (2 stories) (4 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
OMG WE ARE LIKE TWINS! 😲

Everything scary that happens to me always happens at the hour of 3:00 every time! Yea its 100% a bad time 3:00 not good 😨
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
(I didn't know 'Tom' had gotten married...πŸ˜‰ I do not think This will be replied to but here it goes...)

MaryRiddle,

We have covered this many time on this site...I'm not going to post my normal 'information' and Facts concerning this... Instead I'm going to ask you why you think this?

"3 A.M., very bad time, if you wake up at that time, beware, it's not a good thing...-."

Inquiring (sp?) minds want to know...

Respectfully,

Rook
MaryRiddle (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
A similar thing happened to me at 3 A.M... 3 A.M., very bad time, if you wake up at that time, beware, it's not a good thing...-.
amevans12 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I agree with Rook on what you have called the "3am phenomenon". I think in this instance logical explanations can be made to explain what you think was paranormal activity. This sounds like confirmation bias.
Tessie (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
i've been waking up at 3 a.m as well. But I know that I have ghost in my house,i'm okay with that,i'm not scared or anything but it's still pretty weird.I'm born at 3 a.m 😲
Solomon518 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
3 a.m. Is a very bad time. Very black magic is usually done at 3 o'clock.
Michael_S-E (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
I to share a similar story like yours. No televisions flickered on or off. But for 3 nights straight I was visited by what I believe to have been a demon. You ever smell sulfur after a horrible "nightmare"?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Johnconstantine,

I think the best reply in this case is no reply at all.

Respectfully,

Rook
adsouza (guest)
+4
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Although the original story is 5 years old, this is too juicy for me to pass...
Johnconstantine (What a wannabe alias!): 3 AM witching hour. Why? You wake up feeling cold? You start shivering? You tend to see things with your 'mind's eye'?
All this happens when you don't have a proper dinner. The body has a digestion cycle that causes the acids in the stomach to react after a set number of hours. If there is nothing in the stomach for the acids to attack, you wake up due to a slight feeling of thirst. Thats because the simplest solvent for any kind of acid is water (H2O). I can put in the chemical formula here for all acids and their reactions with water, but I'll let that go. Then until you get a drink of water, you tend to shiver. Thats because the juices secreted by the pancreas and the gall bladder tend to react directly with the liver, causing it to swell by a little bit. This in turn dries up the duct, which causes one to shiver. Now the 'sightings'. With every passing quarter of an hour of acid reaction on the stomach, there is a nerve behind the retina of your eye that causes the lens to 'misbehave' in simple terms. This causes 'sightings'.

Does this explain the symptoms? Do you have any more symptoms that need deciphering? I am no 'expert' on paranormal, but I do have a few sheets of paper in my library that teach logic.

AD
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Somewhere in the world, it's 3am right now!...Well, in about ten minutes... Two words: Time Zones... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
I absolutely agree with you Jav.
-Johnconstantine, we all know and trust Rook. And like Jav said he has a successful track record to back up everything he says on here. And you? You sound like an angry and defensive child lashing out on Rook. You certainly do not know everything about the paranormal (and that's ok by the way), and I'm sure Rook doesn't either, but I can bet he knows a lot more than you do about it. Instead of arguing, try to learn something from here.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
John Constantine III,
Yes dear. We trust Rook over you. Sorry, but he has a known track record of successes. You? You sound like you are trying far too hard to write with an accent. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.
If all you've got to offer is a warning of danger, who is that helping? Got any solutions in that bag of tricks?
Rook does...

Jav 😁

This comment from Johnconstantine is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Thank you Rook:-)
I was wondering if someone was going to comment about "the witching hour " bullshiat.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: