You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Who Is She?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is She?

 

I've always been one to believe in the supernatural, especially ghosts, but I've never had a personal experience until I moved into my new house about 6 years ago. I live in a hilly suburbia and my house has no previous owners so it is difficult for me to sort out my story on my own. I had always suspected my house to be haunted due to unexplained things that happened.

One night I was sleeping alone in my room which is at the top of the staircase in my house when all of a sudden I abruptly woke up in a cold sweat and felt the need to look in the direction of my closet. When I did, I noticed an oddly tall woman with long flowing white hair and a floor length white dress on, just staring at me. I immediately lost my breath and had to gasp to breathe again. When I could breathe again, she simply vanished.

I see her at least once a month now watching me when I awake from my sleep at night. She never speaks, just looks at me. Just recently, however, I had a new experience with this woman. I was looking into a mirror in my room, fixing my hair when I saw her walking behind me entering into my room. When I turned around I didn't see her, but I felt a cold chill where I had seen her in the mirror, I could not move my body, and again, I couldn't breathe.

I don't know who this woman is or why she is in my house, but I feel her presence more everyday and I wonder what her purpose is. I have never seen this woman before in my life, but I would really like to know who she is.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, squidlover, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TonyG (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Squidlover,

Are these things still going on? Hmm... Guardian angel? Who knows...
VendettaVal3 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
Hello;

To tell you the truth, I too wonder who she is. My spirit guards have NEVER made me feel this...wrong, nor have they ever scared me. They have always been lovable, understanding, over-protective and strict at times, but NEVER scary. I don't know who she is, but be very careful anyhow.

-Val
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
Hi squidlover, maybe this woman is your Spirit Guide. Perhaps you could try meditateing and talking to her when you're calm. Take a few deep breaths and try to relax first. If she is your Spirit Guide she will want to talk to you and it will be a positive experience. Peace, Celtcharm
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
Ewww... 😢 That would scare me SO BAD! 😭 Incidentally, my young son claims seeing a woman like the one you described, shortly before a family membered died. I looked up "The White Lady" on the internet, and found that other people have had similar experiences.

(From Wikipedia)

A White Lady is a type of female ghost purported to appear in many rural areas, and who is supposed to have died tragically or suffered trauma in life. White Lady legends are found around the world. Common to many of them is the theme of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fiancé. They are often associated with an individual family line, as a harbinger of death. When one of these ghosts is seen it indicates that someone in the family is going to die, similar to a banshee.

Generally, the aspects of this phenomena are that the ghost is female, dressed in late era Victorian garb, seen along a rural road, and associated with some local legend of tragedy.

If you'd like to read more, here's the link:
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Lady_ (ghost)
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
squidlover maybe She was a settler during the gold rush. I agree with polkadot Tlk to her but if she tries to hurt you or says something evil yous should contact someone with experience with demons or angry sopirits but she seems like she is harmless.
polkadot (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Try talking to her. She if she responds or hand motions ANYTHING. If she talks but no words come out she might have been trying to tell something but can't if she dissapers just when you wake up fall back asleep and forget her. If she has something impotant to say she will say it. If she just wants to scare you she will stop when she sees you don't care. Try that 😊
squidlover (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Boo123>> my house wasn't built on anything except a hill, that's the part that's hard to explain
Searchingsam>> I haven't bought any antique furniture ever. I used to have an antiques desk from my great great grandma but I got rid of it over a month ago 😕
Shandi>>I haven't really paid any attention to when she shows up, but I think I'll try and pay attention to it now. Thanks! 😁
hitman8459 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Wow dude that is pretty scary. Have you tried to bless your house or say some prayers? Good luck getting rid of her. ❤ 😜
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Have you noticed any similarities between the times she shows up like the time of month or a day of the week. Since you can't breath when you see her you can't really ask her to leave right then, but you could nicely ask before you go to sleep that she not bother you. If you believe in any sort of god or goddess prayer always seems to even if it just let's the entity know you don't want it there. I also think that a medium is a good idea, a ouija board just tends to make things worse (speaking from experience).
emma14 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
I've never really belived in ghosts but I have seen a few weird things before. I have never seen a person... Wow that must have been weird... And scary... Sorry I don't really have any advice exept...MOVE...unless you like a lady with long white hair watching you sleep... But watever... 😁
searchingsam (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Did you happen to buy any kind of old furniture or antique furniture? Something of this nature. You might have brought it home with you.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
That is mabe a old cemetary where your house is build on or mabe just a single grave frome years back? ThatRandomGuy, I don't want to be rude or nasty but how can you advice someone to use a ouija board.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Hmmmm... That is strange. And it only recently started? That's even stranger. Maybe get a medium (a real one:P) or, I hate to say it... A ouija board (preferably the medium, it's safer but if you can't find one, you either use the board or your SOL).
Good luck and stay safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: