You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Glimpse To The Future With Ouija Boards

Real Ghost Stories

A Glimpse To The Future With Ouija Boards

 

I myself tend to stray away from out right paranormal encounters. To be honest, while they fascinate me to no end, and I am even a self proclaimed pseudo ghost hunter, it ghosts in general still leave chills down my spine. Unfortunately for the time being, I have no more stories about my own personal experiences. But I do have other tales given to me from close family members, this one, is from my Mother.

While my mother was growing up, one thing that was all the rage as a teenager in her area was getting a bunch of giggly girls together, having a slumber party and busting out the trusty Ouija board for a night of fun. During such one of these slumber parties, my mother had a brush with the paranormal which will always remain prominent in her mind.

The girls were all sitting around the Ouija board, asking it questions about life and their futures and what they might be. Eventually it came to my mother's turn for questions and she posed a series of questions to the board. Most of them were about life in general and to be honest, she cannot recall most of the questions she asked, except a few, which remained mostly accurate.

One of which was when she would first be married. And the Ouija board was accurate within the month and the year. Another question which was asked was, how many children will I have, and when will they be born, which was also accurate to the number of children she bore and the years in which they were due. Honestly when it was all said in done, my mother didn't play much with Ouija boards after that and to be perfectly honest, she didn't care to.

I'd also like to take a moment to note that I do not condone the use of a Ouija board in the least. They are harmless in the package, simply nothing more then plastic and cardboard, but when combined with the power of the human spirit can be a very dangerous tool. Please think of that the next time anyone suggest playing with a Ouija board, or you think of doing it yourself. They are not always "just a toy".

Other hauntings by kuehnau

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kuehnau, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nervous_Nev (6 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
My mother binned my ouija board because she thot satan controlled it. My mother claims its satan's way of makin you have sex before you're married. I have a girlfriend but Satan hasnt had his wicked way yet. Thank the Lord.
Mystical_Lad_11 (4 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I made a ouija board out of an old monopoly one. The little metal dog started barking at me. I would advise EVERYONE against this practice, it put the willies up me
ouija_lee (3 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
i do ouija boared often never had a problem

Last time was 2days ago, and it told my friend she is going to have a baby boy in 2010
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Ouija boards are used by ghosts to communicate, yes. They should not be used by little kids (no offense mate) for a night of fun. Sometimes you do not make contact with 'good' ghosts. Remember that if you ever try.
Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
well was it telling the truth with how many children she would hve and when they would be born?
October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Everyone is right about not dwelling on what it tells you. I played and asked questions about my future and constantly thought about it. If I talk to this person, or do this, will that happen? Won't it happen? It just sucks up time of your life you should be enjoying.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
YES. Ouija Boards can bring demons and unwanted spiritsinto homes. But at times they can be helpful. BUT I do not advise using them. If you use one, be careful with it...
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
man, I admire your mother for playing with that stuff. Even I wouldn't go anywhere near that stuff. And I'm the type of person who would do anything just to see what happens... No way would I go and play with an Ouijia board. God knows what gate to hell you will open
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
Thanks for sharing your mother's story, kuehnau. Ouija boards have always been a taboo subject with most people and I for one refuse to use one and think they do more harm than good. Why risk letting something evil into your life over a few hours of fun with your friends?

Still, whitebuffalo has a good point in noting that it is a tool; one that should be used only by those who fully appreciate its power and know how to manipulate it.

I love ouija board stories and while I myself would never use one, I enjoy hearing the experiences of those who have.

So thanks again for the story and I'll be reading more from you soon!
orbsNshadows (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Yes, I feel these boards can sometimes in certain situations bring forth demons who claim to be spirits of the deceased and will give accurate info. I do not believe that a "normal" spirit would have this information.
SethOfTheRich (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
I like the last paragraph.
Be careful with the ouija boards. I know you have heard this before but you could be killed.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
No, it is not just you, StephanDragon.
I have used them myself. But I can HONESTLY say that not ALL sessions were completely "good".
They are TOOLS. Improper use of ANY tool can lead to harm.
Thank you.
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
I don't know if it is just me or not. Maby growing up in a family involved in the occult and learning power circles and such from infancy might have done it. But I myself have never had a bad experience with a ouija board. We would cast a circle around us then using a bit of an archaic practice cast a second circle for the invited spirit to enter. When done would call the watchtowers to return the spirit to where it came from and would close the circles and ground out the energy. I do whole hearted agree that the ouija board is not any type of game and unless you are experienced and trained in occult practices should not play with one. But not all can be bad with it and it can be a comfort to speak to a passed one loved one. Thank you much for the good story from your Mother's life and look forward to more 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
agreed, ouijia boards, nope. Not a good idea.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us!

God Bless!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
I will second what you have said "The "trick" is to not DWELL on what the "reading" showed, but to LIVE LIFE, and SEE what it has in store for you".

Past Presnt, the Future - The Past is the part, the fture is not even here, the present speaks for itself, that is why it is called present. A gift that we are still here.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
That last paragraph is a good point. Several good points, actually. Thank you for that.
I have to be honest. I always find it "typical" that people ask about their personal futures. People are very curious about what COULD take place. The "trick" is to not DWELL on what the "reading" showed, but to LIVE LIFE, and SEE what it has in store for you.
Thank you for sharing your Mothers experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: