You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Children And Dogs See What We Don't

Real Ghost Stories

Children And Dogs See What We Don't

 

In The summer of 2007, a friend of mine (Jess) and her 2 and a half year old daughter (Miley) came to visit me at my parent's home. I own a small dog named Brandy.

We were all sitting around and Jess decided to run to a nearby store for some junk food. She left me to baby sit Miley. I was sitting at the table with Miley and she's talking away, and Brandy was on my lap.

Then for no reason Miley pointed to the stairs. (which were not lit and were very dark) She was pointing and in a hushed voice she tried to tell me something. I asked her if there was anything she needed but she said in a whisper "look... He's over there". She kept whispering when all of a sudden my dog Brandy started barking mad towards the stairs where Miley was pointing.

Brandy's tail was between her legs. Miley started to scream and cry. I panicked and picked Miley up to calm her down. Finally Jess showed up and asked what had happened and I told her. Jess revealed that this wasn't the first time that Miley did that. That it happened to her parents at their home not too long before.

To this day I wonder what it is that Miley and Brandy saw that I obviously couldn't detect. Was someone else there with us? If so I sure hope that it never happens to me again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fox42, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hunni4898 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Hi this story is very interesting as my cousin experienced a similar thing. He always used to talk about a 'Redman' in his room and one day he came in screaming saying the 'Redman' was going to get him he sat on the couch and refused to come off he also wouldn't let my Auntie off the couch. 😕
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
i've heard that children sometimes see what we don't. I had a similar expirence with my little sister when I was babysitting her alone in my house...
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
i think children see more because they haven't been told that they were imagening things or that it isn't real. As they get older and are programed they stop seeing as they did when they were young. Animals always see because they have never been progremed other wise 😊 ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Most children seem to have something of this phenomenon when very little. My son talked to a thermostat when 6 mos. Old and we could never figure out why. It was not colorful there was nothing surrounding it that was colorful to attract a baby's attention. He would babble to it, point to it and smile and laugh. So whatever it was it was a good thing. Apparently what was in the corner didn't scare her then the dog caught wind of it and went into protective mode by barking which did scare her. I wonder what they saw? Whatever it was nothing bad happened. The dog just got freaked out.
Angelwing (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
I think it's very common for young children to see things that we are not capable (or not willing) to see. Animals, as well, are sensitive to those things we cannot see. I used to have a little dog that would, occasionally, growl at the corner in my bedroom. At the same time, I could feel the hairs on my neck standing up.

I believe Miley was definitely seeing something.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Hi! I guess that kid, Miley and my son have the same issue here. I actually asked 2 mediums/psychics regarding that and they told me that my son has a gift of seeing the unseen. I guess Miley has the same gift too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: